Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ive had it for a day and ..

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ive had it for a day and ..

I already think something bad happened..whenever i hit 2000 rpm the engine has a light buzzing and the car shakes a little bit, a very light rumble that stays if i sit at 2000rpm. I am praying something bad didnt happen that screwed the engine up. It is now so predictable that whenever i drive i predict that is going to happen and i dont even want to accelorate because i am going to hear/feel it. The only thing that possibly could have caused it is i let me friend drive and i told him to push it a little bit and he floored it. This is after it had 50 miles.

Please tell me what happened or if this is common/will it go away. I am freaking out because this happened much worse in my old qx4, whenever i accelerate relatively hard there is a grinding sound at a certain rpm and it doesnt go away. What did i do!!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you should drive it normally like you would with any other car that you are trying to break in till 600-1000 miles. if the problem still persist, then take it to the dealer. or just take it to the dealer now.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Congrats on getting your TL!

This sounds kind of like the driveline vibration that most people feel at low RPMs. Specifically, check out this thread http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90614.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Instructor

if this is just a noise thing that is fine, i just dont want it to mean that something in engine or wherever is not healthy and that i am hurting it

thanks for the link
Old 09-25-2004, 10:16 AM
5th Gear

That's what you get for telling a friend to "push it a little bit", with 50 miles on it. It may be coincidence. In the future, wait until you have 500 or 1000 miles on it before trying to show off.

That said, I'd take it to the dealer and act like you have no clue what is up.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Another thing. Never let a friend driver your car. Let's face it. They don't have the investment of love and money in it that you do.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Another thing. Never let a friend driver your car. Let's face it. They don't have the investment of love and money in it that you do.
That is kinda harsh. I let anybody drive mine because I know they will take care of it, including the wife.
Heck I even let people drive my NSX !!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by 92NSX
That is kinda harsh. I let anybody drive mine because I know they will take care of it, including the wife.
Heck I even let people drive my NSX !!
You're trusting of people to a fault. Most people don't give a shit about your property and will fuck it up real good.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Who cares

me I would drive it till it dropped dead in its tracks its under warranty
Old 09-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
To 92NSX;

In your eyes, it may appear harsh. In my eyes it's called protecting what's mine. I respect your view but I could never live with it. My wife doesn't drive my car.. she has her own car. It's not that she can't drive a manual. Hell she drives one better than most people I know. I suspect it's because she knows how I am about my cars and doesn't want to take the chance something might happen bad while she has the keys. She never gives me any grief about it either (she knows better in that regard).

See how fast a friendship can sour if you lend your TL to a friend who drives to a shopping center and parks close to the entrance, then receives a nice ding on your door for his stupidity. Or perhaps a shopping cart decides to introduce itself to your door as it coasts up against your car.

Cars don't heal and for those of us who are anal about them, life is hard dealing with people who view a car as they would a washing machine. Just something to go from A to B.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Flooring the car when it's new shouldn't hurt it. Do you think the people at the plant and that drive it in transit "baby" the car as they're moving it around?
Old 09-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
To 92NSX;

In your eyes, it may appear harsh. In my eyes it's called protecting what's mine. I respect your view but I could never live with it. My wife doesn't drive my car.. she has her own car. It's not that she can't drive a manual. Hell she drives one better than most people I know. I suspect it's because she knows how I am about my cars and doesn't want to take the chance something might happen bad while she has the keys. She never gives me any grief about it either (she knows better in that regard).

See how fast a friendship can sour if you lend your TL to a friend who drives to a shopping center and parks close to the entrance, then receives a nice ding on your door for his stupidity. Or perhaps a shopping cart decides to introduce itself to your door as it coasts up against your car.

Cars don't heal and for those of us who are anal about them, life is hard dealing with people who view a car as they would a washing machine. Just something to go from A to B.
I too can understand what you are saying. My wife just learned to drive a stick so she could drive the NSX.
As for a friendship souring because of a door ding, well then it isn't a very good friendship then. Getting a door can happen to anyone.
Cars do heal, it's called a bodyshop.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:02 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

There is NO WAY a dealership can refuse to do warranty work for operating a vehicle within specified parameters of what it was made to do (aka...flooring it). Many many many people do not follow break in procedures and their cars are fine. In addition, break in procedures aid in the longevity of the car and does not diminish immediate performance of the vehicle. If you feel something is wrong with your car, go to the dealer and tell him to fix it. It is their responsiblity and if they do not fix it, lemon it.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:40 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the engine sound of BMW M3
Old 09-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EZZ
There is NO WAY a dealership can refuse to do warranty work for operating a vehicle within specified parameters of what it was made to do (aka...flooring it).
Tell that to owners of EVO's and WRX Sti's. They are made for racing and it voids warranty even doing it under controlled conditions.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 92NSX
Tell that to owners of EVO's and WRX Sti's. They are made for racing and it voids warranty even doing it under controlled conditions.
yeah my friend has a evo, and he's always a talkin about every mod would void his warrenty. I was like wtf? thats weird.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Instructor

thanks for the helpful advice, to those who didnt say "thats what you get"
It isnt a *huge* deal but i think about it just about everytime i accelerate, so it is a mental thing. It just makes a rapid rumbling sound, as if i ran over those rumble strips when you must decelerate on the highway. I find myself punching it so it goes past 2000 quickly. If it lingers on 2000rpm it makes that noise...

here is a question, the dealer i bought it from is about 60 miles away while there are several a lot closer. Do i have to take it to the one i purchased from? Is it advantageous to do so? thanks again
Old 09-26-2004, 02:16 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chkelly
thanks for the helpful advice, to those who didnt say "thats what you get"
It isnt a *huge* deal but i think about it just about everytime i accelerate, so it is a mental thing. It just makes a rapid rumbling sound, as if i ran over those rumble strips when you must decelerate on the highway. I find myself punching it so it goes past 2000 quickly. If it lingers on 2000rpm it makes that noise...

here is a question, the dealer i bought it from is about 60 miles away while there are several a lot closer. Do i have to take it to the one i purchased from? Is it advantageous to do so? thanks again
Your warranty applies to any Acura dealership. The service department is separate from the sales department so even if you didn't buy the car at that particular dealer, they still want your service business. Usually, dealerships WANT warranty work because they get paid for the service from the manufacturer (unless you're Mitsubishi...seems they deny all warranty work ). I still say take it to your nearest dealer and have them diagnose it. You paid $30k+ for something to operate in a specified manner. If you feel that this is not the case, it is your right to have it made so.