Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Items stolen from car

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:37 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteThaPitbull
install -152db locomotive horns in place of the factory horns.. if they even tried to or attempted getting near it and those horns go off..its like a grenande going off next to you, you will def go deaf for a good 5-10 min lol
Is the locomotive horn easy to mount and wire and everything? I hate the little puny horn that the TL has on it, and would love to put one of those on for the alarm, and to scare the shit out of people if they cut me off. "What the hell is a train doing in the middle of downtown??"
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol easy to mount if u got the room (behind ur fender) u have a compressor a tank n a horn....electronics consist of + and - u just need a cut off because it'll drain a lot of power if the car isnt on. I did it to mine and people in manhattan HATE me when they cross in front of my car but the noise the compressor makes drove me nuts n i removed it and put it on ym friends srt10
Old 08-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I was going to get a train horn, until I saw how much they were... I got a Stebil Nautilus compact air horn instead. 139 decibles, and very easy to install. It's tankless, and comes with an integrated compressor. Was able to mount it in the stock horn position, using the stock brackets...

Wiring was easy... Connected the factory harness to a relay, and the relay to the battery.

Horn sounds like a Ferarri air horn, just much louder.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Where did you get it and how much was it??
Old 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if u want to go to a greater length like i did, to protect your car and everything in it..buy an aftermarket alarm, and instead of that cheesy little siren that comes with the alarm kits, install -152db locomotive horns in place of the factory horns..i lived in NY all my life and where i live is 1 of the highest car theif areas (5 min in either direction is far rockaway projects, and east new york). if they see it and like it they will take it or if they cant get it (of course jealiousy) they will vandalize it. if they even tried to or attempted getting near it and those horns go off..its like a grenande going off next to you, you will def go deaf for a good 5-10 min lol
Pete, you crazy mofo! I can't believe you're still saying that!

Those old people haven't run you out of there yet?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
Where did you get it and how much was it??
I got it from here, for $39.99 minus shipping. I didn't bother with the wiring harness, as it comes with a relay, so I just made my own harness. Best bang for the buck horn out there in my opinion.

It's pretty loud, but not ear-deafening loud. I know I read that a 45 magnum going off is 140 db, but the db scale is logorithmic, so a gun is actually 10 times louder than my 139 decible air-horn. Maybe I'll wire two of these together if I get too bored with my setup
Old 08-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy howard wtf someone pwned you hard. the stock tl alarm is useless, just 3 days ago someone at disneyland when i was parked ripped off the keyhole part of the door handle but dumbass couldnt get in.

btw get some tint too it deters robbers from thinking about what might be inside
Old 08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Austin, thta's you right? wtf you got shit happen to your car too?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Burning Brakes

if they see it and like it they will take it or if they cant get it (of course jealiousy) they will vandalize it.
I've always said, 'if they can't take it, they'll break it."

words to live by in certain parts
where people don't have nice things because they can't.

when i lived in Jamaica Queens, I had to walk to school daily.
I noticed every house had their garbage can lid chained to the can
and the can chained & pad locked to their fence.
imagine living like that.
now i work there but I don't park on the street
I have a shady alley way to park in.
seriously, this alleyway is the public restroom of Jamaica and besides that, it is still pretty horrendous plus not lit at night.

I am very surpised how everyone around respects and admires my Acura.

i still do 'the walk around' every day before i go.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Pro

If I live in a shady or seedy hood, I would not get a nice car (like the TL) at all unless I have a garage, an excellent alarm system, and a ferocious pit bull that guards it 24/7.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 AM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

lol yea..hence my name..i have a pitbull.. half pit/ half argentinian mastiff..hes not a dog..its a monster lmao ..his name is Primo..i tried explaning to my mailman that his harmless (atleast to me) haha..he always brings my mail to my neighbors house if i have him chained up in front..
Old 09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

security should always be your #1 priority, no matter what. why should you make your hard earned pride and joy be made easy for someone else to come along and just take it. i spent so many hours working on my car, and i make sure that if someone wants to take it, there going to have 1 hell of a time tring to take it. factory alarms in places such as NY/LA just dont cut it. its not about "if" they could bypass the factory alarm, its "when" there going to bypass the factory alarm. just a matter of time. i can tell u some crazy stories that made me this paranoid, but always remember..when a person has nothing to begin with and see's someone who can possibly have what they want, they have nothing to lose and you better believe there going to do whatever it takes to get it. never trust anyone who you dont personally know
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
security should always be your #1 priority, no matter what. why should you make your hard earned pride and joy be made easy for someone else to come along and just take it. i spent so many hours working on my car, and i make sure that if someone wants to take it, there going to have 1 hell of a time tring to take it. factory alarms in places such as NY/LA just dont cut it. its not about "if" they could bypass the factory alarm, its "when" there going to bypass the factory alarm. just a matter of time. i can tell u some crazy stories that made me this paranoid, but always remember..when a person has nothing to begin with and see's someone who can possibly have what they want, they have nothing to lose and you better believe there going to do whatever it takes to get it. never trust anyone who you dont personally know
I agree 100%, but those old neighbors are still gonna kick your ass one day. LOL! Love the dog, dawg!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

lol 1 of my neighbors are actually moving (thank god) they always gave me heartburn..1 old couple not to worry bout anymore haha..im jus waiting for the day when im at a red light and someone is crossing the street to beep the horn lol i want to see them jump and then jet to the sidewalk lmao