3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Irritated as hell with ATLP

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504

But I will end with this. It considered completely unmanageable expections to have him keep his word?

D
Oh give it a rest.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
Oh give it a rest.
Perhaps some of you need to invest in some of these.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...usiness+ethics.

Also no one is making you read this thread why don't you just see your way out of it if you don't like what is being said.

D
Old 08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
One thing I have always learned is that it is better to under promise and over deliver than to over promise and under deliver.

I manage a department of 27 stores, belonging to a MAJOR retailer

I always OVERshoot time (i.e, tell the customer 10 days, if it usually takes 7)

If it arrives early, then they are thrilled, and you look even better

if you promise 7 days, and it takes 10.. then the customer gets upset

Mike's made it pretty clear that these exhausts take time to make.... i didnt complain for the 9 weeks i waited for my exhaust, or the 10 weeks for the J-pipe.... good things come to those who wait ......

i did however, email him or IM every other day for updates, but thats b/c i was so anxious to get my products
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I have car ADD

lol.. im suprised nobody said it bluntly...but

if you dont like it, go somewhere else!!! There are dozens of members eager to get this exhaust, and would GLADLY wait the build time for one....
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Pro

By telling the customer it takes 10days when you know it should only take 7 (you are under promising) but if you get it to the customer in 7days instead of the 10 days you told them it would (you are over delivering) that is a good thing. Maybe you want to reread that again.

Ha you edited it.

D
Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
lol.. im suprised nobody said it bluntly...but

if you dont like it, go somewhere else!!! There are dozens of members eager to get this exhaust, and would GLADLY wait the build time for one....
Same could be said about you guys who are trolling on the OP's thread. Anyways time to go home from work. Later girls and boys

D
Old 08-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Perhaps some of you need to invest in some of these.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...usiness+ethics.

Also no one is making you read this thread why don't you just see your way out of it if you don't like what is being said.

D
Ohhhh....you have no IDEA how much you are barking up the WRONG tree here genius. The fact of the matter is you stopped arguing based on principle a LONG time ago. This became about your ego (as evidenced by your little "I know a little about business..." post. Let it go.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm a manager of 30 stores... blah blah... We're ALL pros here on the internet.

Hey Don, what part of "his word" has Mike not lived up to?

Trolling through the OP's post, I see no words from Mike here, only what the OP alledges. Ya ever think the OP might have misinterpreted some other communication, amplified the situation or perhaps even Mike is fallable, confused one of the MANY emails requesting status with another, and accidentially gave false information... all of which could have quickly been cleared up with a thorough follow up email by the OP... but his decision was to stir this pot instead of working directly.

Since you're a student of philosophy, as well as clearly a stellar regional manager, perhaps a study of the golden rule would be in order... ya know, the whole "do unto others thing...", to which you have not bothered to give Mike the benefit of the doubt... instead you quite "business ethics text", without bothering to get the other side of the story, and completely diregarding his track record.

Truth of the matter, finding support in the aftermarket 3G community has been a challenge. Finding someone who will put up with this fickle, finicky, and many times, down right immature group of consumers is difficult... especially manufacturing parts for a pseudo luxury, yuppy platform.
The army raises it's guns when you threaten a good one... and we know Mike's a good one. Many here know him personally, and KNOW the ethics are there...
Question/bash all you want, I will return fire. Mike's has produced more in the last year than most brand Vendor's with R&D departments have in 4, and I intend to do all I can to keep his support for our community... regardless of your thoughts on his business managment or ethics.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:25 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
101 satisfied customers
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Kennedy
I'm a manager of 30 stores... blah blah... We're ALL pros here on the internet.

Hey Don, what part of "his word" has Mike not lived up to?

Trolling through the OP's post, I see no words from Mike here, only what the OP alledges. Ya ever think the OP might have misinterpreted some other communication, amplified the situation or perhaps even Mike is fallable, confused one of the MANY emails requesting status with another, and accidentially gave false information... all of which could have quickly been cleared up with a thorough follow up email by the OP... but his decision was to stir this pot instead of working directly.

Since you're a student of philosophy, as well as clearly a stellar regional manager, perhaps a study of the golden rule would be in order... ya know, the whole "do unto others thing...", to which you have not bothered to give Mike the benefit of the doubt... instead you quite "business ethics text", without bothering to get the other side of the story, and completely diregarding his track record.

Truth of the matter, finding support in the aftermarket 3G community has been a challenge. Finding someone who will put up with this fickle, finicky, and many times, down right immature group of consumers is difficult... especially manufacturing parts for a pseudo luxury, yuppy platform.
The army raises it's guns when you threaten a good one... and we know Mike's a good one. Many here know him personally, and KNOW the ethics are there...
Question/bash all you want, I will return fire. Mike's has produced more in the last year than most brand Vendor's with R&D departments have in 4, and I intend to do all I can to keep his support for our community... regardless of your thoughts on his business managment or ethics.
Here is the part you asked for. It was in the original post. "#2: We are building the kits in the order in which orders were received. Yours will be built and shipped by monday( this would have been this past monday). "

And certainly what you say is possible. Anything could of happened I suppose. I guess he could be making all this up too and that in fact he has not put money down as a deposit at all or anything of that nature.

And yes the golden rule. I am very familiar with that. But I can only base what I say with the information given as one sided as it may be. Is there something to be said that Mike has not given a public response? Sure there is but I ultimately do not know. I'll leave that to your assumptions.

That last paragraph I completely agree with you. It is difficult. But fickle and difficult is pretty much any group of consumers. There will always be those consumers who expect more. And I understand that there is not much support for this platform but still if the guy says by Monday the OP expects by Monday. All I am doing is supporting the side of the OP.

My personal opinion is that it probably should of been handled a different way. I certainly would of handled it differently. But I am not the OP. Mike I am sure is a stand up guy I am not myself judgeing his ethics. The ethics part was more to the rest of you guys. I am also sure 99.999% of the time he gets it right. But maybe perhaps this is one of those .001% times. Who knows.

And the only reason I even post in this thread was because of the bricks and mortor comment. I still stand behind what I said. I believe they should be held to the same standards. If not we create a cast system of business that would really not be acceptable.

D
Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 AM
I have car ADD

why is this thread still open???

you dont like it... DONT BUY IT... dont want to wait? DONT BUY IT
Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What's the word, did OP get his exhaust yet? I've been waiting on mine for 2 weeks and it feels like it's been forever...youtube videos can only do so much...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:22 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Patience is virtue my friends.

Sweet07...did you receive your exhaust yet?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
why is this thread still open???

you dont like it... DONT BUY IT... dont want to wait? DONT BUY IT

X2

Would wait all over again for my ATLP...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I bet you the op been had it on his ride... that or he hasnt paid the full amount... but
Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
:gheywave:
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Might be a good idea if he puts the estimated shipping date for that weeks orders on his web site, could save a lot of bad feelings.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:34 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
WTF is all i could say here at work....

PATIENCE is the Key 2 SUCCESS my 2 pennies!
If it wasnt that the ATLP is so much $$ i would of been have it, just need a type-s lip and paint which im 2 lazy 2 do