Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internet Manager Confusion PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:42 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internet Manager Confusion PLEASE HELP!

A number of people said that they have been emailing the "internet manager" and asking for their best offers on the TL. My confusion is how you get the internet manager. The websites all have "Contact Us" email forms that you can fill out and email back, but is that the internet manager? Or are you calling the dealerships adn getting the name and email address fo the internet manager and then sending your own email? I don't want to email a dealership through the website only to have my email handed to the next available salesman to call me and ask me to come in.

Lastly - are you providing your phone number (either in the forms on the websites or in your separage emails)? Many of the website forms require that you give them your phone number.

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
For the dealerships I researched, for the most part, I was able to find the name of the sales manager or internet manager on their website.

I would not hesitate to fill out one of their "standard inquiry forms" though.

At the end of the day, you're trying to open the lines of communication with as many dealers as possible in hopes of getting the best deal from one of them.

I've just always preferred keeping my deal and all the pertinent details in the form of an email. They (salesmen) probably prefer to keep it all verbal so they can say, "I don't remember that." Having an email with the details of my girlfriend's negotiated deal saved us $35 a month on a lease payment one time.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Cruisin'

many local dealers can be accessed for web quotes using edmunds.com
Old 08-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah, just do the 'get a quote' link on their website. If they don't have one just shoot the sales manager an email. I'm currently in talks with all the dealerships in San Diego and they all just called me in a span of 4 minutes haha. Try to leave off your phone number so it forces them to work through email, but for the most part they require a phone number in their forms. But whatever quote they give you on the phone make sure you get it through email too so you have documentation. ok good luck!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:16 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get the names and numbers of the internet sales managers through edmunds.com request a quote feature. Very helpful. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin28282
Try to leave off your phone number so it forces them to work through email... But whatever quote they give you on the phone make sure you get it through email too so you have documentation.
I went as far as not giving my phone number out during a test drive. The sales manager asked me if I worked for the CIA or something.

A caution about giving out your email: You will be receiving special offers via email from a few dealerships initially. They just add you onto their mailing list. You just need to unsubscribe and the spamming will stop.

Good luck and happy shopping!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:38 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kinda funny you mention this because after I bought my TL from Los Gatos Acura, I still got calls from other dealerships like Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale. The funny one was Sunnyvale because I told them I already bought the car from elsewhere, but a week later, some guy calls me and says "So you're interested in the MDX, right?" Haha...

Originally Posted by datmrman
I went as far as not giving my phone number out during a test drive. The sales manager asked me if I worked for the CIA or something.

A caution about giving out your email: You will be receiving special offers via email from a few dealerships initially. They just add you onto their mailing list. You just need to unsubscribe and the spamming will stop.

Good luck and happy shopping!