3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Way Someone Compliments Your TL...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by rodneyc77
I always get... "Man... that's a NICEEEE Beamer"... I just say thank you...

Hahahah thats funny
Old 03-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
I like it when Im at the gas station and theres another TL there near me getting gas.

They always look at my car like "what kind of package did I miss out on"
Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
when i got my type s i think i was the first one in the area and i would clean it and wax it. then take a ride to the park and park there i would have older younger people aproch the vehicle windows and look inside/outside and ask me did i do this all to the vehicle or can i sit inside the car. They ask me is it v8 or is it supercharge. i start to laugh and say its all stock v6 no mods as is. and they would say its a hot ride i be like thanks. even today i have people come up to me and ask all types of questions
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm so glad I saw this thread!! Today, I am at work and you know how we park wayyyy out in BFE, an older man in a Porsche 911 ( i learned it was an '05 ) walks over, he parked wayyy out as well, and says " how do you like it?" and my response is " I was gonna ask you the same about yours " i mean its a freakin Porsche!! So i tell him how much I enjoy the 08 NBP TYPE-S- and he was all in that thing, commented on the interior, the brake calipers, he kept complimenting the style, the front and rear facia of the car..after about 15 mins I felt bad, and was like....So tell me about your 911..LOL- anyway, saw the thread, and today was great!!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by trancemission
I like it when Im at the gas station and theres another TL there near me getting gas.

They always look at my car like "what kind of package did I miss out on"
LOL!!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Awesome Memeber

Saw the thread had to post I have a 99 TL stock and was picking up my shiba puppy from the breeder who is 60+ old man. I had the TL in his driveway and he looks out the window and is like "hmm thats a nice looking car, wish my wife would let me get something nice like that." I drove home happy with my new pup

On another note, I was at my friends work place (Avis) and a customer came to pick up a rental car and was like "Dont tell me your going to give me that acura, they are horrible cars always break down...I love my 'ford"....he works at a ford factory too....we just smiled and sent him on his way. No point in talking to a fordling.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When we first got our car we were up at the mcdonalds on midlothian, and this guy gets out of his new mercedes (still had dealer tags) and was like that nice man.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tl is the bomb, i drive it to school and my friends says the car is so nice. lol they keep on asking for rides, but i want to keep it clean
Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by autumnfalls
tl is the bomb, i drive it to school and my friends says the car is so nice. lol they keep on asking for rides, but i want to keep it clean
LOL... OK. I thought I was the only one!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Instructor

I was sitting in great old Chicago traffic on the expressway (going like 5 mph) last summer, had the stereo cranked and the windows open...and i hear a horn beeping rapidly...so i turn over ready to flick off some guy who was probably trying to cut me off, and then he shouts something...so i turn down the radio and he was like "I have never seen the new Type-S. That is badass! I love the color (KBP)..." he was asking me a bunch of questions and we basically had a 60 second conversation about the car while sitting in traffic. It felt really good!

Also, I work for a DJ company and rent Box Trucks from Budget every weekend. The manager there always tells me that when my car is sitting in the lot (it's always extra-clean just like the rentals) he has customers ask how much it is to "rent the blue car out there". He says he is going to start putting a sign on it that says "Not for rent"
Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Mostly Stock For Now

I bought my car about 3 weeks ago, and the registration wasnt paid yet so i took off the plates. next day i get pulled over by a cop WHILE I AM STOPPED. I was like um what did i do? hes like how come you got a one year old car with no plates? So i told him officer no offense but this is a 02. he steps back, takes his shades off and says (and i quote) "come on man stop jerkin my chain". I just started laughing as did he, he told me to put the plates on as soon as possible, and then he ran off to catch some guy in Mercedes S55 that went speeding by. The best part is i was passing him while he was talking to the guy in the Mercedes he gave me a big thumbs up!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Student

LMAO that was nice of him but luckily u got a nice officer. Were u parked on the street or something?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Mostly Stock For Now

no just stopped at a red light
Old 03-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
haha.. I get the Nice car, comment quite a lot but these two times kinda made me love the TL even more..

I was parked outside my friends house. We are doing suspension work on his BMW 330ci and it was the time when the sun was comming down and out of nowhere, this old lady comes by and asks "So who's the owner of this white Acura?" I told her I owned it and she said "WOW, nice car, may I please take a look at it?" I said "yea, SURE, go for it".. Just made my day because an OLDER lady actually liked it.

AND THEN THIS ENCOUNTER, I will NEVER FORGET.... SO I used to go to the weekly meets, my TL was BONE STOCK. Me and my buddies park and I walk out of my car. I'm about 10-20 steps away from my car and then my buddy says "Hey look, this one guy's checking out your car." Now he wasn't just checkin out the outside, but also the inside of the car. Lookin REALLY interested in it. Now i'm like, *hmm, there are so many nicer cars out there, why would he be checking out my car?". It was funny because he was literally checking it out w/ his wife for 10 mins.. I look around the lot and saw a Ferrari F430! Everybody was checking out the ride and So did I. Later on the night, I find out that the guy checking out MY CAR owns the FERRARI F430.... I was like DAYUM.. Ferrari Owner checking out a Acura TL? lol... Made my night....