3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Way Someone Compliments Your TL...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Interesting Way Someone Compliments Your TL...

I'm sorry if this might be a repost but something funny happened today while I was driving home from work.

I happened to stop at a red light and to my right side (right turning lane), there was a guy in a truck that gave me the signal to put my window down, so I did. I thought he was going to tell me I left my trunk open or tell me something is stuck underneath my car. That was going through my mind as I rolled down the window.

He shouts to me, "That is a BADASS car. What is that? An Acura?" I said, "Thanks. Yes, it's a TL. You should get one."

He replies, "Ooh, Im too poor girl. But mannn, that is one hot car." A car comes up behind him, forcing him to make that right so he takes off.

That pretty much made my day today. Hehe. I just thought it was nice to hear that from a stranger. I mean, the stares are nice but that was super!!

So, what has been one of the more interesting ways someone has stopped to compliment your TL?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got some elderly couple at the grocery store last week tell me that I had a nice car. Didn't really expect them to say anything, The guy just went on to say he hasn't seen a nice car these days since he was a kid I was like huh wtf? I usually don't get compliments just haters that flick me off when they see me
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

I was getting into my car which was parked on the street by my house in Manhattan and as I was going to sit in the driver's seat, there was a couple standing right beside the front of the car and the man said to the girl, "That is a nice ass car." That's all I heard because I was closing the door as he was saying it.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

it's definitely a hot car

was he also hitting on you? LOL!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gauravp123

was he also hitting on you? LOL!
I'm not sure but I don't think he is...LOL...
Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
Get used to compliments from strangers if you drive a TL, particularly a modded one. I get compliments all the time, mostly about where I got that or how I did that. Makes even the modest person feel like a bragger.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by oOLaDYBuGGOo
I'm sorry if this might be a repost but something funny happened today while I was driving home from work.

I happened to stop at a red light and to my right side (right turning lane), there was a guy in a truck that gave me the signal to put my window down, so I did. I thought he was going to tell me I left my trunk open or tell me something is stuck underneath my car. That was going through my mind as I rolled down the window.

He shouts to me, "That is a BADASS car. What is that? An Acura?" I said, "Thanks. Yes, it's a TL. You should get one."

He replies, "Ooh, Im too poor girl. But mannn, that is one hot car." A car comes up behind him, forcing him to make that right so he takes off.

That pretty much made my day today. Hehe. I just thought it was nice to hear that from a stranger. I mean, the stares are nice but that was super!!

So, what has been one of the more interesting ways someone has stopped to compliment your TL?

Of Car AND Driver.

So we can figure out if he was complimenting the car, hitting on you or (probably) both.

I get stares, escpecially when it's all shined up, but no one has said anything so far - .
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bearcat94

Of Car AND Driver.

So we can figure out if he was complimenting the car, hitting on you or (probably) both.

I get stares, escpecially when it's all shined up, but no one has said anything so far - .
I don't feel like repeating a post or picture. I already posted a pic of my car - See this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/what-do-you-do-when-youre-home-not-driving-175273/

And if you want a pic of me, go to the Photograph Gallery -Owner Pics Thread. It's the last page or something. LOL.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:03 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i was hangin out with my friends at BJ's, the restaurant, and we were outside after we were done and there was a group of girls that were taking pictures with my car.

i let them take a couple before i unlocked the car and had the parking lights flash hahahaha
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ayethetiense
i was hangin out with my friends at BJ's, the restaurant, and we were outside after we were done and there was a group of girls that were taking pictures with my car.

i let them take a couple before i unlocked the car and had the parking lights flash hahahaha

You sure that was the restaraunt? Cause I mean knowing you...that might be what you were actually doing...

Hmmm compliments...well once I was walking back to my car from inside the gas station, the car was just washed and I had the rims on and everything. There was a guy circling my car and at that point I kind of felt awkward, haha. So any ways I walked back and he started complimenting it blah blah blah
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I get a "nice car" or other compliment now and again. I love when you rideby someone and their eyes are locked on your car until your out of sight.

Just recently I had to pick-up some co-workers and they couldn't stop talking about my car.(For once I used voice commands and they all worked perfectly) It feels good to be a
Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I was at a gas station around 1-2 am I was the only one there until a guy driving a CLS 55 AMG pulls up behind my car. I was obviously staring at his beautiful CLS. He get out of his car and says, "Thats a nice TL" I was shocked lol!! I thanked him and also complemented his car.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
old people used to LLOOVVEE my blackura... every where i went i got comments.. and since it was shaved, people would ask what it was

one guy said to me once.... "..oh, is that the new type r" i

but quite a few people didnt know what kinda car it was.... she was a neck breaker
Old 03-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
"is that the new accord or civic?"

".....it's an Acura TL"

"oh, berry nice berry nice!!!!"
Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 AM
WDP- lovin' every minute!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just had some random girls yelling DAMMN... and then they precedded to flash me and take off lol BEST feeling inthe world!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 AM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The first week I had my Type-S There was a 2 girls and a guy in a pickup truck behind me on my way to work and I noticed one of the girls started taking pictures of my car. When we stopped at the light she stood up on the seat and her whole upper body was out of the sunroof and she took a bunch more pics. Dunno if it was the Kinetic blue pearl or what...
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 AM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Originally Posted by TLAdvanced
The first week I had my Type-S There was a 2 girls and a guy in a pickup truck behind me on my way to work and I noticed one of the girls started taking pictures of my car. When we stopped at the light she stood up on the seat and her whole upper body was out of the sunroof and she took a bunch more pics. Dunno if it was the Kinetic blue pearl or what...
defenitley the KBP lol..........i also have a 07 KBP and when the sun is shining i catch so many heads leaning 2 take a look. This kinda sucks but this one dude was checkin out my car while driving and apparently he wasnt paying attention and hit the guy in front. I kinda felt bad even though it was his fault. But ya what our TLz do no G35 or IS can match it.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:18 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
everyone just says my car is dirty...

but we need your pics to verify this is true or not. lol

Old 03-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Its MY Car & I Love It!!!

Heres a funny story...Monday on my way to work...I stopped at a stop sign and this girl ran into me while I was stopped. Pretty much 86ed my bumper...all the damage was done to the plastic parts, the metal parts of the car escaped unharmed so it isnt that bad. Anyway, I go to Nationwide(the girls insurance company) to get it estimated and they happen to be located at a local Chevy dealership here in Alabama. I pull up and there was a sales man outside and he walks up and tries to offer me a lease deal on a damn chevy. Mind you, I'm in a 2008 TL that I just bought 3 weeks ago, I still have the dealer tags on it...lol. I was like nah man...I got what I want...I'm looking for nationwide. He tells me where to go, I put the car in reverse and the rear view camera came on the screen....sales man was like "damn...thats a nice ass car". I just pulled off...lol. It felt pretty good to turn down an american car...they just suck ass to the 10th degree.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by DJSlim
an american car...they just suck ass to the 10th degree.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm DEFINATELY with above stupid

american cars=garbage
Old 03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by gauravp123

My neighbors have two 3 Series sedans parked in their spots, one silver, one white. I look at them everyday. The TL has much better lines. Those 3 Series are meh to look at.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Acuras Only in

I've been getting the silent treatments from the strangers: just the stares ... while my friends keep on telling me the azz of TL is so sexxy ....
Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I got the same treatment as the OP, except it was some guy in a professional Detailer van that pulled up next to me He was in awe of both my car and my detailing skilllllls
Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
At the gas station: Is that an Acura? looks nice~ I used to have a Legend!
reply- I have Legend calipers lol

Wife at grocery store from bagboy- Is this YOUR car?
-well my husband did the things to it
Yeah-- it doesnt look like a chick car

From neighbor with newer Malibu:
What are you doing with the hood open/ under that thing again for? Its a brand new car!
reply: Its an 01, and I have to go to my car club meet-show

One Saturday, I drove past a local car show in progress- and pulled right into the display line~ Popped the hood and walked away.
A few minutes later there was a crowd around it- including the local import speed shop guys- who left their multi-car display to check out my ride.
I had to put a small sticker on it that says: Do NOT Lean on this car Unless you are Naked- (ladies only please)

Note- I just ordered the UDM with proper pads and Optimum brand cleaner, wax and polish from azine sponsor ExcelDetail- see Off Topic , Wash and Wax section
My baby will really look good in a week!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Funniest comments came yesterday when I picked up friend and his 10 year old daughter after his ride broke down.
Before entering the car- he explained it has leather seats, set your bookbag down gently, it has nice doors- dont slam them- all before she was allowed inside.
Driving home with the Nav finding the shortcuts, he was impressed with nav compared to a portable unit, and she commented- I bet that lady gets annoying~

laughter from the front seats until he could finally say it:
And YOU would be the expert on a voice getting annoying!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:39 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I had one girl in an older Integra pull beside me at a light and asked how I liked the car. I told her that I loved it and it's the best bang for the buck. She told me that she was going to get one, too. LOL

And then at a gas station last year, I had a guy in another Integra compliment me on the wheels on my car. Now that I've added an aftermarket exhaust, I got another compliment a couple of weeks ago from a guy in an Escalade on how much he likes GReddy.

Oh, and sabaidee to you, too, Lady Bug.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Check out

when im at work i can see my car all day in the parking lot cause the front of the building is glass... all day i see ppl looking at my type-s starting from the back (cuz you gotta love them QUADS!) and then when they walk up to my car they love to look inside @ the Navi and interior... (hahaha i LOVE it) then they come inside and say "is that your acura out there?" i say, "Yeah, its badass huh (hahahaha)"
Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
I received many compliments while I had my TL. The funniest one was when I took it to a tire shop to have some tires mounted. When I picked up my TL, the guy who turned the car into me said: " You have one nice car, I still can't get over it. You only see those in Japan..."

Old 03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mn2trance
I had one girl in an older Integra pull beside me at a light and asked how I liked the car. I told her that I loved it and it's the best bang for the buck. She told me that she was going to get one, too. LOL

And then at a gas station last year, I had a guy in another Integra compliment me on the wheels on my car. Now that I've added an aftermarket exhaust, I got another compliment a couple of weeks ago from a guy in an Escalade on how much he likes GReddy.

Oh, and sabaidee to you, too, Lady Bug.
Hey, how did you know I was Laotian???
Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 PM
All About Trance

Hey, how did you know I was Laotian???
Was?? You mean you've changed ethnicity? LOL And when it comes to Asians, I can usually look at a person and know their ethnicity.

And it makes the guessing a lot easier if it's stated on your myspace page. LMAO
Old 03-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Cruisin'

My Mom thought it was a nice color. My one and only complement in 16 months.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
but you can call me Ken.

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
I was driving through a parking lot and a guy runs out from between two cars and I almost hit him. Instead of him getting all pissed off, he says with a thumbs up and smile, "NICE CAR!!" lol.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mn2trance
Was?? You mean you've changed ethnicity? LOL And when it comes to Asians, I can usually look at a person and know their ethnicity.

And it makes the guessing a lot easier if it's stated on your myspace page. LMAO
HAHA...OK. U got me there. Edit: How did you know I'm Laotian? BEtter?? LOL...
You're like meeh... I can pretty much tell just by looking too... it's an Azn thing I guess!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
I received an unusual compliment. My friends said my car was awesome. In fact they said it was down right pimp and the best car out of all our friends! lol (because I previously had a 94 integra with red fading to pink paint). I'm happy :0
Old 03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
I got the same treatment as the OP, except it was some guy in a professional Detailer van that pulled up next to me He was in awe of both my car and my detailing skilllllls
Nah...I think you were getting the same treatment from THAT guy, as the OP like you said!

As for me personally...we don't have enough bandwith here for me to list all of the compliments that Stella gets! We do indeed make 'em stop, jock and jaws drop!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k5_AcuraTL
I was driving through a parking lot and a guy runs out from between two cars and I almost hit him. Instead of him getting all pissed off, he says with a thumbs up and smile, "NICE BRAKES. Whew!!" lol.

Fixed it for ya!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I always get... "Man... that's a NICEEEE Beamer"... I just say thank you...
Old 03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
All About Trance

HAHA...OK. U got me there. Edit: How did you know I'm Laotian? BEtter?? LOL...
You're like meeh... I can pretty much tell just by looking too... it's an Azn thing I guess!
And much better.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I occasionally get the usual compliments of "nice car." However, yesterday I went to a pharmaceutical sponsored dinner (I'm a resident). It was at a steak house. I decided to valet it because it was complimentary for guests. There was nothing but S-classes, 7-series, M-35/45s, and LS's in the valet lot. I figured my car would hold it's own but not standout. After dinner, the valet brought my car back and said sweet ride. I gave him a $5 tip and left pumped.

I have an 05 Anthracite TL but I think the Kinetic Blue is a bad ass color. I pass a parked Kinetic Blue TL-S, in my neighborhood, everyday on my way to work and everyday I break my neck.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Student

Originally Posted by JAB00
I occasionally get the usual compliments of "nice car." However, yesterday I went to a pharmaceutical sponsored dinner (I'm a resident). It was at a steak house. I decided to valet it because it was complimentary for guests. There was nothing but S-classes, 7-series, M-35/45s, and LS's in the valet lot. I figured my car would hold it's own but not standout. After dinner, the valet brought my car back and said sweet ride. I gave him a $5 tip and left pumped.

I have an 05 Anthracite TL but I think the Kinetic Blue is a bad ass color. I pass a parked Kinetic Blue TL-S, in my neighborhood, everyday on my way to work and everyday I break my neck.
Yea the blues a nice color especially with the bad ass rims

Quick Reply: Interesting Way Someone Compliments Your TL...