Sponsored by:

Installing Sideskirts time frame

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Sideskirts time frame

Hi guys,

I just bought soem OEM A-spec sidekirts for my car, and i looked in the 3g Garage section and found the installation doc. I was wondering, how long did it take some of you (that installed it yourself) to put them on? From the looks of the installation guide, it looks alright, but then again, it never seems as easy as it is on paper as it is when you actually do it. haha

thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
just a heads up: before you even install, check out the bolt holes on both the sideskirts; some of them are defective my default...

i just ended up using the mdx sideskirt bolts for mine...w/o the mdx sideskirt bolts...they waved around in the wind -_- as in on the freeway; SO LOUD

GOODLUCK! i'd say...2 hrs?...if that
Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Instructor

damn, really?? So what exactly am i looking for when checking bolts? how will i know if they are defective or not?

and if so, then where am i going to be getting MDX sidekirts bolts?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigWhite 21
damn, really?? So what exactly am i looking for when checking bolts? how will i know if they are defective or not?

and if so, then where am i going to be getting MDX sidekirts bolts?
hm...chances are you're fine; i just thought you'd like to know...
but maybe you should have acura check em' out? they won't/shouldn't charge you for a quick glance over; you're supposed to use your stock sideskirt bolts for install

just take a chance, and if you hear them "wobbling" on the freeway, just take them to acura and they'll probably throw you a pair of bolts for free...it's no biggie; sorry if i made it sound a huge problem! -_-
Old 05-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The install doesn't take very long at all. I'd say it took me less than 1 hour. I was installing the whole kit at once so I don't have an exact time, but the sides were definately the easiest to install.
Just remember when you get to the point of actually taking the original skirts off the car to not pull toward yourself, but to pull toward the front or rear of the car. I busted a few clips by not paying attention to that detail. good luck
Old 05-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I've moved this thread to the main 3G TL forum as it does not belong in Performance Parts & Modifications.

Please read the sticky The "Modifications" in "Performance Parts & Modifications"
Old 05-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by erick3
hm...chances are you're fine; i just thought you'd like to know...
but maybe you should have acura check em' out? they won't/shouldn't charge you for a quick glance over; you're supposed to use your stock sideskirt bolts for install

just take a chance, and if you hear them "wobbling" on the freeway, just take them to acura and they'll probably throw you a pair of bolts for free...it's no biggie; sorry if i made it sound a huge problem! -_-
Oh okay cool. No problem. but yeah, thanks for giving me a heads up. At least now i know that if it does get wobbly or something, i know what to do.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by redrum4me
Just remember when you get to the point of actually taking the original skirts off the car to not pull toward yourself, but to pull toward the front or rear of the car. I busted a few clips by not paying attention to that detail. good luck
On the installation document that i have from the 3g Garage section, on step 6, it says " Remove the front side under spoiler by sliding it forward and out toward you. "

So that's what you're referring to right? instead of pulling towards you at first, pullit toward the front/rear?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:29 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i know what u mean when some ppl say installs are easy and they end up being a pain. installing sideskirts is NOT one of those mods, it really is easy even if u have no idea what u are doing or have never worked on cars before. just take your time and follow the instructions from the 3G garage and u'll be fine, even if it does take u longer than the "less than one hour" that most ppl say.

installation tips:
-like redrum said, make sure to slide the clips out towards the front and back of the car, not outward towards u so u don't break the clips (this is in the directions)
-try and elevate the side of the car if u can. u absolutely don't need to do this but it does make it easier just to take off and replace the skirts and clip. u can either jack up the front of the car with jack stands or use ramps just on the front so u can get some breathing room. if u can't do that i think pulling one side of the car up to a curb might help.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
^^ 20 minutes tops for each side. It is very simple
Old 05-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBigWhite 21
On the installation document that i have from the 3g Garage section, on step 6, it says " Remove the front side under spoiler by sliding it forward and out toward you. "

So that's what you're referring to right? instead of pulling towards you at first, pullit toward the front/rear?

Thanks!
yup, thats exactly what I meant
Old 05-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by redrum4me
yup, thats exactly what I meant
cool! thanks man! imma work on it tomrrow and let you know how everything goes.