3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incompetent Acura service technician MUST READ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incompetent Acura service technician MUST READ!!!!

I thought I would share this with anyone who has trust in the Acura service technicians.

I dropped off my 04 TL to the Courtesy Acura dealer in Sanford, FL for my 1st oil change and to get out a couple of ding/dents in my doors. I brought my own oil to the dealer since I wanted to start out with using Castrol synthetic oil which they told me would be no problem. At the time when I purchased the oil I thought I needed 5 quarts but bought 6 just in case. I left the synthetic oil in the car and informed the service rep of this and to make sure they use the oil that I brought instead of the normal 5-20W oil they normally use. I requested the service rep that I wanted to keep the empty containers which I am glad I did!!

When I went to pick up the car a few hours later I found the all empty oil containers in my trunk in a bag. Let me repeat that just in case you missed it ALL 6 empty containers (users manual states I need 4.5 quarts) !!! Luckily I did not drive away with 1.5 extra quarts of oil... only God knows what would have happened after hearing about the Honda CRV recall of potential fire from leaking oil.

I check my oil dip stick and sure enough I have about 1-2" above the max line. I immediately went to the service rep for an explanation??? He told me that a new guy was changing the oil and was sorry that it happened... Needless to say I was a bit pissed out and had them drain out 1.5 quarts of oil and to install a new washer.

Since the service manager was not at work at the time when I picked it, I did not push the issue of the incompetence of the service department. That will be tomorrow!!!!

Lesson to learned check your oil level if you ever get your oil changed by anyone other than yourself.

Next time I think I will be doing the oil change myself.....
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Licking Platters Clean

Glad your car is alright! Your FIRST OIL CHANGE too! What a dumb fuck technician, geez! I thought they all worked at Chrysler.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:26 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by rmastbro
I thought I would share this with anyone who has trust in the Acura service technicians.

I dropped off my 04 TL to the Acura dealer for my 1st oil change and to get out a couple of ding/dents in my doors. I brought my own oil to the dealer since I wanted to start out with using Castrol synthetic oil which they told me would be no problem. At the time when I purchased the oil I thought I needed 5 quarts but bought 6 just in case. I left the synthetic oil in the car and informed the service rep of this and to make sure they use the oil that I brought instead of the normal 5-20W oil they normally use. I requested the service rep that I wanted to keep the empty containers which I am glad I did!!

When I went to pick up the car a few hours later I found the all empty oil containers in my trunk in a bag. Let me repeat that just in case you missed it ALL 6 empty containers (users manual states I need 4.5 quarts) !!! Luckily I did not drive away with 1.5 extra quarts of oil... only God knows what would have happened after hearing about the Honda CRV recall of potential fire from leaking oil.

I check my oil dip stick and sure enough I have about 1-2" above the max line. I immediately went to the service rep for an explanation??? He told me that a new guy was changing the oil and was sorry that it happened... Needless to say I was a bit pissed out and had them drain out 1.5 quarts of oil and to install a new washer.

Since the service manager was not at work at the time when I picked it, I did not push the issue of the incompetence of the service department. That will be tomorrow!!!!

Lesson to learned check your oil level if you ever get your oil changed by anyone other than yourself.

Next time I think I will be doing the oil change myself.....
Post this dealer's name.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMZ
Post this dealer's name.
Courtesy Acura dealer in Sanford, FL
Old 10-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Banned

That sucks. But I got you beat:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...550#post935550