Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impressions after 10k mi's on 06 TL w/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressions after 10k mi's on 06 TL w/Navi

Ive just 10k miles on my 06 TL w/navi that I bought back in July 2006. For the 7 months ive been driving this car all I can say is AWSOME! Still has the new car smell. Only had a few problems. Passanger side chair rails had to get replaced because it would squeak everytime I had to brake. Also the the passanger side door had a few rattles. Its all fixed under warrenty.

Things that I wish was better:

1. stronger windsheild. (have a few rock chips my number 1 enemy as of now... the rock!)

2. Better Navi. (such as the 2007 TL works faster and better maps. Dont qoute me on this but the upgrade disk for the 2006 has no add or improved areas for cali so is no point to getting it)

3. Fit and finish is a little off. (the passanger side dash and the door is not even. Im scared if I take it in I will get more rattle problems with the dash.)

4. Tight fit of the window glass. (I want to install tint without worryin about getting scraches or getting mole skin.)

Other things:

1. I get high beamed all the time being people think my high beams are on at night.

2. Wish gets better MPG. (But use to it by now. better MPG than other cars.)

Maintenance:

1. Got an oil change at 6k.

Over impression:

I love this car. The only thing I dont like doing is getting so many miles on her. I think 10k within 7 months is high but what can you do. You gotta drive. Still going strong and I forsee no problems in the future. Good power when I want to pass everyone and I love the HID light even tho I get flashed every other oncomming car. And on most roads (more so on new roads) NO ROAD NOISE!! All my other cars had some road noise but not this one; very quite. Again... AWSOME CAR!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

I bought my 06 6mt June 29 and it has 13k now, which includes a trip to San Diego, and one to New Orleans.
I have the same problem with the lights. There are adjusters that are easily accessible once you open the hood, I just haven't adjusted them yet.
Overall, I love the car too!!

Mike
Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think anyone's ever high-beamed me etc. (when it wasn't for the obvious reason ). Do you guys notice that the drivers side light projected on a wall/garage door is lower than the passenger?? It should be, this helps with the oncoming traffic

Better yet, how many huge amps do you have in the trunk??

Cheers
Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Racer

I've been high beamed, but it meant nothing until I got blasted by other tls.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Black Mamba

Originally Posted by Bob289
3. Fit and finish is a little off. (the passanger side dash and the door is not even. Im scared if I take it in I will get more rattle problems with the dash.)
I thought I was the only one with the same exact problem. Even if I do take it in, how the hell would the dealers fix it? Would they replace the door or the dash? I also feel you on putting a lot of miles on your car. I got my TL in mid August and I already have about 11K miles.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WiLLrOx
I thought I was the only one with the same exact problem. Even if I do take it in, how the hell would the dealers fix it? Would they replace the door or the dash? I also feel you on putting a lot of miles on your car. I got my TL in mid August and I already have about 11K miles.
Im not sure how they would fix it. Im guessing that they would take apart the dash to realine it. The dash and door on the driver side matches. But ill leave it alone being that I read alot of times when the dealer mess with your dash you will end up with more rattles.

I guess living up in the 805 ( Santa Maria/ Santa Brabra area ) I take to many trips to LA and SF. Oh well, ill be one of thos peoples with 30k miles per year folks.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I've had my 06 w/Nav since Sept and I'm pushing 7K now. I thought that was a bit much but like you said, you gotta drive it. I do however still find myself saying things like, "Oh my gosh, we're out of salt !! I'll be back ".
I too have a slight misalignment between the pass door and dash but you know what? I'm the only one who notices it. I think if your on this board and commenting about this kind of thing then there is a bit of OCD behaviour going on.
I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this but I have yet to hear one rattle from this car. Nothing even close. Guess I got one made on a Wednesday. Still have the permagrin!