3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Immitation lip spoiler on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ehh....leave the poor guy alone. he's probaby busy spending all the money he's been makin off these things. but how come is account is suspended?

also, did anyone get the m3 spoiler on ebay? or have pics?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
i'm thinkin for under 100$ i cant go wrong.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Instructor

It says the m3 spoiler is for older model TLs, I personally thought it was the M5 spoiler that fit ours?

Originally Posted by ryno
ehh....leave the poor guy alone. he's probaby busy spending all the money he's been makin off these things. but how come is account is suspended?

also, did anyone get the m3 spoiler on ebay? or have pics?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
i'm thinkin for under 100$ i cant go wrong.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Racer

Finally shipped!

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Kind of off topic, been a month since i bought mine and he still haven't feedback for me and won't reply to my email for that, is it the same for you guys?
Shipped yesterday and estimated delivery is 4/12. Stay tuned...

Coincidentally I filed a PayPal claim yesterday but after the spoiler was shipped. I didn't bother checking the original tracking number he gave me over a week ago after the original estimated delivery date came and went but he responded to the claim with that information and this time it shows it was actually given to FedEx for delivery...

-LOD
Old 04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

HA!..... Lucky!... I'm STILL waiting.... I shot him an email today, so we'll see if he "feels" like responding
Old 04-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Intermediate

It seems like most people are gettin their spoilers in 2 weeks. I ordered my 3 weeks ago today, and nothing. Has anyone else waited this long? I wouldn't mind the wait if I knew when to expect it to arrive, but the guy won't reply to any of my messages. I don't even know if he's planning on sending one, or if he is just taking my money, especially now that he's no longer listed on Ebay. I'm contemplating getting PayPal involved, but ultimately I'd just like to have the spoiler!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

I paid on 3/21.... still waiting... sent an email Friday stating I will get PayPal involved if I dont hear from him soon.... I'll wait until tommorrow b4 filing a claim...

Its been waaay tooooooo long w/o any communication.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RawDogg
I paid on 3/21.... still waiting... sent an email Friday stating I will get PayPal involved if I dont hear from him soon.... I'll wait until tommorrow b4 filing a claim...

Its been waaay tooooooo long w/o any communication.
Thanks, RawDogg. That's funny...I also sent him an email Friday stating I'd get PayPal involved if I don't hear from him by today. I really hope to hear from him, and just get the spoiler, but I also don't want to get taken for a ride. Please let me know how your situation turns out.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Thanks, RawDogg. That's funny...I also sent him an email Friday stating I'd get PayPal involved if I don't hear from him by today. I really hope to hear from him, and just get the spoiler, but I also don't want to get taken for a ride. Please let me know how your situation turns out.
Which one are you ordering on e-bay that takes so long and how much did it run?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

theres some guy selling the side skirts right now for pretty cheap....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36475

what do you guys think?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carguyrob
Which one are you ordering on e-bay that takes so long and how much did it run?
The one from worldwideauctions_tx, for $105 + shipping ($126 total). I know others have recieved theirs after a couples weeks. I hope I'm so lucky.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Snax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just received my lip from Ron in Canada. Paid $170 delivered. Paint is perfect. Came with 2 mounting options, tape or bolts, all included. Got it 5 days after I ordered via UPS.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Racer

i ordered mine from Kris on ebay...sent him the money but havent recieved any word on it...sent him number of emails but no reply...
anyone else buy from this guy?
Old 04-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Racer

changed EBay seller name

Kris changed his name to techventuressg. He's getting hammered with negative feedback lately...

-LOD
Old 04-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Team Nighthawk MechE

Originally Posted by legionofdoom
Kris changed his name to techventuressg. He's getting hammered with negative feedback lately...

-LOD
OH MAN.... Hope u gents don't get screwed... I'm going the way of TrimKing... and paying a lil more for peace of mind.

CHECK THIS!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...techventuressg
Old 04-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Racer

Good move, Dark...

I finally got mine last week. The paint color looks pretty good but I haven't installed it yet so not sure how well it matches up. However, it looks like the spoiler was sitting on something when they painted it instead of hanging because the edge at the bottom facing the rear windshield wasn't painted completely... Shouldn't show when installed but still shoddy work...
Old 04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Haven't got nothing yet... sent emails and no response. Filed claim w/ PayPal last week, and still no response. I DEFINATLEY DO NOT RECCOMMEND THIS SELLER.

At this point I dont even want the spoiler. Saving the extra $50.00 or so is just not worth the freakin' hassle!! Hope I get the $$$ back, and then off to TrimKing I go!!

FYI - this seller has changed his EBAY User ID a few times...wonder why??

techventuressg
Apr-12-05 Present

worldwideauctions_tx
Nov-09-04 Apr-12-05

auto_xchange
Mar-29-04 Nov-09-04

Either way...whatever User ID he uses, KRIS PLIER is his name...and I dedicate to him a BIG FAT JUICY !!!

Old 04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by snax
Just received my lip from Ron in Canada. Paid $170 delivered. Paint is perfect. Came with 2 mounting options, tape or bolts, all included. Got it 5 days after I ordered via UPS.

Who is Ron in Canada? I was trying to Kris, gave up on him with all the negative feedback. At this point, I don't mind paying a little more for piece of mind!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Team Nighthawk MechE

Originally Posted by Bob04tl
Who is Ron in Canada? I was trying to Kris, gave up on him with all the negative feedback. At this point, I don't mind paying a little more for piece of mind!!!
I *think* Ron = TrimKing from EBay... Who has good feedback and good quality from everything I've read here. I plan on getting mine from TrimKing. My
Old 04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RawDogg
Haven't got nothing yet... sent emails and no response. Filed claim w/ PayPal last week, and still no response. I DEFINATLEY DO NOT RECCOMMEND THIS SELLER.

At this point I dont even want the spoiler. Saving the extra $50.00 or so is just not worth the freakin' hassle!! Hope I get the $$$ back, and then off to TrimKing I go!!

FYI - this seller has changed his EBAY User ID a few times...wonder why??

techventuressg
Apr-12-05 Present

worldwideauctions_tx
Nov-09-04 Apr-12-05

auto_xchange
Mar-29-04 Nov-09-04

Either way...whatever User ID he uses, KRIS PLIER is his name...and I dedicate to him a BIG FAT JUICY !!!

I've had an identical experience with this seller and have also filed a claim with PayPal. I cetainly hope I can at least get my money back.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JoganJani
Bob here is my NBP installed and pic taken for you.

Hey, follow up question. When you recieved you spoiler, was it painted completely? legionofdoom stated that his has very shotty work and was not completely painted. He said it probably would not show once installed, but this could be an issue if it is not painted correctly.

Legionofdoom quote - "I finally got mine last week. The paint color looks pretty good but I haven't installed it yet so not sure how well it matches up. However, it looks like the spoiler was sitting on something when they painted it instead of hanging because the edge at the bottom facing the rear windshield wasn't painted completely... Shouldn't show when installed but still shoddy work..."
Old 04-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Instructor

I've had an identical experience with this seller and have also filed a claim with PayPal. I cetainly hope I can at least get my money back.
Add me to the list too. Hopefully I can get my money back via pay pal but have not heard yet. I guess they have 30 days?

Ah yes, getting the old shaft really sucks
Old 04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Good move, Dark...

I finally got mine last week. The paint color looks pretty good but I haven't installed it yet so not sure how well it matches up. However, it looks like the spoiler was sitting on something when they painted it instead of hanging because the edge at the bottom facing the rear windshield wasn't painted completely... Shouldn't show when installed but still shoddy work...

Had a chance to match the color?! How does it look? Do you think the bad paint job will affect how it fastens? Could it also create a leak path between the spoiler and the trunk lid thus over time, possibly causing it to come loose?
Old 04-20-2005, 08:52 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, follow up question. When you recieved you spoiler, was it painted completely? legionofdoom stated that his has very shotty work and was not completely painted. He said it probably would not show once installed, but this could be an issue if it is not painted correctly.

Legionofdoom quote - "I finally got mine last week. The paint color looks pretty good but I haven't installed it yet so not sure how well it matches up. However, it looks like the spoiler was sitting on something when they painted it instead of hanging because the edge at the bottom facing the rear windshield wasn't painted completely... Shouldn't show when installed but still shoddy work..."
Bob, yes! mine was fully painted without any flaws. But lot of people are having problems with the guy from whome I bought mine. So beware.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

Ebay has updated the seller ID on the transaction from worldwideauctions_tx to the current one, techventuressg. Now that the seller's ID is listed, I was able to provded feedback. It's interesting...many people are having the same experience of not getting the product, or even an email from Kris. You guys that actually got yours from him are lucky.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JoganJani
Bob, yes! mine was fully painted without any flaws. But lot of people are having problems with the guy from whome I bought mine. So beware.
If it helps anyone, I can try to take a picture of the spoiler this weekend and post it. I think the color match is actually going to be pretty good (still haven't put it up next to the car) but the line still bugs me even though it shouldn't show... I guess you get what you pay for...

-LOD
Old 04-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Racer

Ebay has updated the seller ID on the transaction from worldwideauctions_tx to the current one, techventuressg. Now that the seller's ID is listed, I was able to provded feedback. It's interesting...many people are having the same experience of not getting the product, or even an email from Kris. You guys that actually got yours from him are lucky.
You would think PayPal would have to take issue at some point if he keeps getting claims filed against him (I filed one before I finally got my spoiler)...

-LOD
Old 04-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

You would think PayPal would have to take issue at some point if he keeps getting claims filed against him (I filed one before I finally got my spoiler)...

-LOD
LOD, did you every get an email response from him, or did your spoiler just show up? How long did it take? (Mine was ordered over a month ago.)
Old 04-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Intermediate

My ANTH lip spoiler arrived from TRIMKING as promised. Took 1 week to get it. Look and fit is great. Highly recommend this seller.....

Good luck..
Old 04-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 0210322
My ANTH lip spoiler arrived from TRIMKING as promised. Took 1 week to get it. Look and fit is great. Highly recommend this seller.....

Good luck..
Great, thanks for rubbing it in!! j/k Seriously, I'm happy for you.

If I ever get my money back from this fraud stuff, I'll buy from him
Old 04-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Instructor

If it helps anyone, I can try to take a picture of the spoiler this weekend and post it. I think the color match is actually going to be pretty good (still haven't put it up next to the car) but the line still bugs me even though it shouldn't show... I guess you get what you pay for...

-LOD

I would like to see it if it is not that big of a deal. Also, after you install it, I would like to see how that looks also. Hopefully, the line does not show and you can enjoy you car with the spoiler!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Racer

LOD, did you every get an email response from him, or did your spoiler just show up? How long did it take? (Mine was ordered over a month ago.)
Parrothead,

I eventually filed a PayPal claim at night and as it turned out Kris shipped the spoiler the same day but in the afternoon. I never bothered to check the FedEx tracking number after the original estimated delivery day came and passed but in response to my claim, Kris replied with the FedEx tracking number and then a few days later it showed up at my office. It took 3 weeks from the date I "won" the auction to receive my spoiler. Up until that point the last communication I got from Kris was the first time he sent me the tracking number (and it turned out that the info was given to FedEx but no actual package was provided)...

I'm planning on going in tomorrow and taking some pictures to show the shoddy paint job...

-LOD
Old 04-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Instructor

I just purchased a WDP lip spoiler on eBay from superautobac (New player on the scene I think). He has excellent ratings from his previous thousands of dealing. I will let everyone know how it turns out. The auction was $111 USD.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Yauser
I just purchased a WDP lip spoiler on eBay from superautobac (New player on the scene I think). He has excellent ratings from his previous thousands of dealing. I will let everyone know how it turns out. The auction was $111 USD.
Good luck Yauser. Hopefully they're not related to Kris...
Old 04-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Please keep us informed!!! I have been fighting back and forth, and would love to find someone reliable!!!

Do you know what material the spoiler is made of? I believe the one from Kris is made of ABS plastic. Again, keep us informed!!! Good luck.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Instructor

I assume it is plastic. It only states that it is not fiberglass. He's also received A+ feedback on the paint quality.

Please keep us informed!!! I have been fighting back and forth, and would love to find someone reliable!!!

Do you know what material the spoiler is made of? I believe the one from Kris is made of ABS plastic. Again, keep us informed!!! Good luck.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Cruisin'

Smile Deck lid spoiler

Just ordered the deck lid spoiler from ebay, sellers name is Superautobac, he currently have 2 item listed (painted)right now for $110.00, his e-mail address is AKRH2002@hotmail.com, he got way better feedback than Techventuressg and his business is also base in Texas, he had responded to all my questions promptly by e-mail. I will let everybody know as soon as I get the item w/ pix.

05' Tl/Am/Navi/Camel
00' Lexus Rx 300
05' Honda accord Ex
Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Sup guys....well, I filed my PayPal claim last week and seeing how Kris never replied, the claim was found in my favor. So, I got my refund and promptly bought the spoiler from Trimking. Based on his feedback, this deal should go through smooth.

I paid $199 shipped...
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply, LOD. I'm glad you finally got yours, but am sorry about the quality of the paintjob.

RawDogg, I'm happy to hear that PayPal did you a solid. Since I'm in the exact same boat you were in, I hope for the same result. I too will buy from Trimking once I get my refund.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Instructor

Yauser, I just recieved an e-mail from superautobac and he told me that the spoiler is made of flexible poly-urethane not "cheap fiberglass". Also, he told me that the spoiler is painted with paint and clear coat, however, it is only painted in the areas that you can see when you install it. Unlike LOD, where I believe that the whole thing is painted.

I wanted to let you know what to look for!!! Please, confirm this information upon you receipt of the product. Did he give a lead time for delivery? Hope it shows up soon!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Racer

I didn't get a chance to stop by my office and take pictures of the spoiler this past weekend but I'll try to get them for you guys soon...

-LOD

Quick Reply: Immitation lip spoiler on Ebay