Old 03-31-2005, 08:18 AM
Car Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peter, I emailed your guy, thanks!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob04tl
What color did you order? How far off is it? Also, any pics?!?!?!

My TL is RRD (red), and it's about 90-95% match. You have to look very hard and closely to see there is more purple(ish) from the spoiler to the car. I can live with that.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JoganJani
This is from the auction;

I got mine today as well. Exactly two weeks. I ordered NBP. Color is pretty close the flecks are missing, I think, but I'll see again tomorrow in sunlight they may be there.
I have NBP as well. My quess was that the "blue" in mine would be hard to match. In you opinion, do you think it is close enough that only you would notice it, or does it look like aftermarket. Also, how do you feel from a long term (a few years down the road) this will hold up? I really want a decklid spoiler, but have a real hard time spending $400+ for one. Sounds like you are pretty happy with what you have. Any additional information would be appreciated.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Car Addict

What did trimking1 charge you guys, he just quoted me $192 shipped.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:54 AM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have NBP as well. My quess was that the "blue" in mine would be hard to match. In you opinion, do you think it is close enough that only you would notice it, or does it look like aftermarket. Also, how do you feel from a long term (a few years down the road) this will hold up? I really want a decklid spoiler, but have a real hard time spending $400+ for one. Sounds like you are pretty happy with what you have. Any additional information would be appreciated.

Okay, tested in the sunlight today. Blue flecks are there. It's a perfect match for at least for NBP. The quality is very good. You cannot tell it's after market. Time will tell if it will hold for long term. Though I'm going to add the wider 3M double sided tape. I think the stick on material on the spoiler is very thin and is half inch wide all around. Bob, you can get 3 of these in $400. So I'd not worry about holding it up. Nice buy I'd say. Go ahead and oder it.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Okay, tested in the sunlight today. Blue flecks are there. It's a perfect match for at least for NBP. The quality is very good. You cannot tell it's after market. Time will tell if it will hold for long term. Though I'm going to add the wider 3M double sided tape. I think the stick on material on the spoiler is very thin and is half inch wide all around. Bob, you can get 3 of these in $400. So I'd not worry about holding it up. Nice buy I'd say. Go ahead and oder it.

Thanks for all the information!!! I am very excited to get it, but currently he does not have a posting on ebay. Hopefully he has not run out or stopped doing it. I was going to contact him directly, but nobody seems to have that information.

P.S. Would love to see pictures of your ride, sound pretty awsome!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
10th Gear

I'm going to start watching Ebay for the next posting. I want one too!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Car Addict

$160 + 30 for shipping, sound right Peter?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
why do u want to order from trimking for that much when we got ours for 126 SHIPPED from that worldwideauctions_tx guy? Same exact procuct with paint that matches better than most peoples aspec kit ....

I just dont get it i really dont
Old 03-31-2005, 05:19 PM
10th Gear

Are we sure the paint job is the same quality? I don't want to spend more than I have too. But I'm concerned over what it will look like in a few years.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Car Addict

$126 shipped (and painted) is a lot more interesting.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Racer

Angry Get ready for some possible frustration...

So I ordered my spoiler on March 16th. After purchase through EBay, I immediately paid via PayPal and then emailed Kris for confirmation. Several emails later, no reply. Then I got his contact information and called him a few times and also got no call back. So at this point a few days has gone by and I have no confirmation. I finally called again and got to speak to him and he said that he though the spoiler had gone out. This was on 3/21. He told me to call him back in a few hours when he was back in the office and he would give me the tracking number. I called a few hours later, got his voicemail and no call back. 3/22 I get an email saying that he had confused me with someone else and that the spoiler was going out the next morning. I emailed back and asked for the tracking info when he had it and no reply. So at this point everyone says it takes about two weeks so on 3/30, I emailed him again asking for the tracking number and this time, surprisingly, I get an email back within a couple of hours with the tracking number. Estimated delivery is 3/31 but the details only show package information has been transmitted to FedEx. 3/31 comes and goes and no spoiler. I called FedEx this morning and they said that what it means is that the information was submitted to FedEx on 3/24 and so I had an estimated delivery date but the package was never actually given to FedEx. So at this point it's been over two weeks, no spoiler and little to no communication from Kris.

I paid IMMEDIATELY after "winning" the auction and now I have no friggin idea where my spoiler is. It sounds like it's a great product but I have to say at this point the lack of communication and business practices leave a lot to be desired...

-LOD
Old 04-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

There was no listing on Ebay, so I asked him when he was going to list again using a previous listing. He listed the next day.

$126 was total shipped. I knew it had to be painted so I gave him a couple weeks before following up. I asked about it a shipping date and it was shipped within 48 hours. Not the most organized person, but I am very willing to put up with a little delay for such a great value.

It is a perfect match for my Anthracite. I had to bend it a little while mounting it to make it match the contour of the trunk. I marked where I wanted it with masking tape and had my wife hold one end. I put the end down lightly and was able to move the end twice to get it positioned perfectly.

Great Product at a great price!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Wants an M3 in

just give hime 2 weeks man it will come. he is a bit slow but if you notice he has ALOT of customers. And the paint is RIGHT on.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
just give hime 2 weeks man it will come. he is a bit slow but if you notice he has ALOT of customers. And the paint is RIGHT on.
It's been two weeks and according to FedEx, it hasn't even been given to them. I'm not even concerned about the time since I'm in no hurry but it would be nice to get just a LITTLE bit of communication so that I can verify the shipping information with him and make sure there isn't a problem. I'm glad it's worked out without any problems for all you guys and hopefully the problem with my order is just an aberration but it doesn't take away any of the frustration...

-LOD
Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Team Nighthawk MechE

I think I'll drop the little bit extra money for TrimKing at this point... I HATE not knowing and waiting... I'll pay $50 to deal with someone I feel more comfy with. Plus, with this other guy getting pounded with orders, Lord only knows if he'll be able to keep up, etc....
Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Team Nighthawk MechE

Originally Posted by madehtsobi
i bought mine from the "trimking1" on ebay and i have a 05 wdp tl and i have installed mine for about 3 months now using only the 3m double sided tape and it stays on fine but one problem.....the wdp is a really hard color to match therefore my spoiler is off colored...the spoiler is more creamier color than the car itself, but the quality is nice....they offered to refund mine, but i like the spoiler alot so i decided to keep mine...
How long did you have to wait from TrimKing???

Also, did you have to tweak and bend the spoiler a little as described below the same way as those who got the spoiler from "the other guy"???

THANKS!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Car Addict

I wonder that too.

Has anyone measured OEM and aftermarket, are they the same height?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Note: This Could Be Very Bad News!!

Originally Posted by legionofdoom
So I ordered my spoiler on March 16th. After purchase through EBay, I immediately paid via PayPal and then emailed Kris for confirmation.
I'm in the exact same boat. I oreder and paid on March 19. I have not recieved anything yet but I have not tried to contact him as I have been very patient.

So today this thread reminded me that it has been a while and I should try to contact him. Well guess what: he is no longer a member of ebay!!!! Check it out yourself, go to myebay and won auctions, you will see his membership is over (probably suspended???)

I sure as hell hope this does not mean he took the money and ran, but at this point it doesn't look too good. I have not been ripped off on ebay yet and here's hoping this isn't the first time!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Wants an M3 in

I dont think he would rip you off man. He sent mine ... dont see why he wouldnt send yours. Just call him up and voice your concerns. He always got to my emails
Old 04-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
I dont think he would rip you off man. He sent mine ... dont see why he wouldnt send yours. Just call him up and voice your concerns. He always got to my emails
It almost seems as if once the people on here (members and lurkers) got wind of the spoiler, he got inundated with orders... I'm still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point but my patience is wearing thin...

-LOD
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Team Nighthawk MechE

Ugh..... Until further notice, I woulnd't be buying!!! My ...

I have an email into TrimKing with some ?'s and I'll let everyone know what he says as well....
Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by elsensei
I'm in the exact same boat. I oreder and paid on March 19. I have not recieved anything yet but I have not tried to contact him as I have been very patient.

So today this thread reminded me that it has been a while and I should try to contact him. Well guess what: he is no longer a member of ebay!!!! Check it out yourself, go to myebay and won auctions, you will see his membership is over (probably suspended???)

I sure as hell hope this does not mean he took the money and ran, but at this point it doesn't look too good. I have not been ripped off on ebay yet and here's hoping this isn't the first time!

I got mine exactly in 2 weeks but I was in same state of mind as you guys are. I think eBay have some one year expiry on the sellers userid. He was something else before March of 2004. Now seems will have a diff ID. Though you'll get feedback history attached to all his IDs. I'd read all the reviews of this guy, even his older ID and found him very slow but honest.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Team Nighthawk MechE

I got mine exactly in 2 weeks but I was in same state of mind as you guys are. I think eBay have some one year expiry on the sellers userid. He was something else before March of 2004. Now seems will have a diff ID. Though you'll get feedback history attached to all his IDs. I'd read all the reviews of this guy, even his older ID and found him very slow but honest.
I've been selling on Ebay for 3+ years and I've always had the same name... So don't know about that.... If he's truly GONE from their system, that isn't a good thing...
Old 04-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Slinks
Hi jime,

I saw your post on the ebay lip spoiler thread. I got the same spoiler and also noticed the contour didn't match the trunk. I was wondering if you could give me tips on the install. How'd you "bend" it (ie was there any precision involved or did you just bend it until it looked okay?) Also how'd you figure out the placement? Thanks...

Slink
First I laid it out on the trunk and decided where I wanted the two ends to be in relationship to the rear edge. I had some blue (comes off very easy) masking tape and put a 4 inch strip on the trunk on each side that would line up with the front edge of the lip.

Next I put some torque on the lip and bent it so that it matched the contour of the trunk. I guestimated where the tape should go for the center of the lip and put that on the trunk to line up with the front of the lip. I had to do this 4 times to get the tape in the proper spot and another person would have been a great help for this step. Now I have three pieces of tape on the trunk. If I can get the front of the spoiler to match up with the three pieces of tape it should be in the right spot.

Since putting torque on the lip changes its width I wasn’t sure where to place the end in relationship to the trunk seam (how much of a gap to leave on each end). So I took the protective layer off the attaching tape and lightly put on side down and lined it up with the tape on that edge. I had my wife hold it down (lightly), while I put torque on the lip and looked at how close it came to the trunk seam on the other side. I had to do this three times to get the two sides to be equal distance from the edge of the trunk.

Once I had the edge position figured out I put the center down, lined up with my tape, and then the opposite edge. It came out really nice.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't have a problem, I got mine in two weeks. But this isn't good, looks like he may have gotten suspended. Hopefully this will get sorted out. If you haven't gotten it yet, there may be some recourse through paypal. I think he was a verified memeber.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Bought and paid for mine on 3/21.... FINALLY just got a response. Although it was only 4-5 words, it was still a response??

He said it will be shipped soon, so lets see what happens?!?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Advanced

My ebay $126 lid spoiler pics

Old 04-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Instructor

So I ordered my spoiler on March 16th. After purchase through EBay, I immediately paid via PayPal and then emailed Kris for confirmation. Several emails later, no reply. Then I got his contact information and called him a few times and also got no call back. So at this point a few days has gone by and I have no confirmation. I finally called again and got to speak to him and he said that he though the spoiler had gone out. This was on 3/21. He told me to call him back in a few hours when he was back in the office and he would give me the tracking number. I called a few hours later, got his voicemail and no call back. 3/22 I get an email saying that he had confused me with someone else and that the spoiler was going out the next morning. I emailed back and asked for the tracking info when he had it and no reply. So at this point everyone says it takes about two weeks so on 3/30, I emailed him again asking for the tracking number and this time, surprisingly, I get an email back within a couple of hours with the tracking number. Estimated delivery is 3/31 but the details only show package information has been transmitted to FedEx. 3/31 comes and goes and no spoiler. I called FedEx this morning and they said that what it means is that the information was submitted to FedEx on 3/24 and so I had an estimated delivery date but the package was never actually given to FedEx. So at this point it's been over two weeks, no spoiler and little to no communication from Kris.

I paid IMMEDIATELY after "winning" the auction and now I have no friggin idea where my spoiler is. It sounds like it's a great product but I have to say at this point the lack of communication and business practices leave a lot to be desired...

-LOD
I have sent him a few e-mails in the last couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago, I got a response, but nothing since. You mention that you have a phone number for him, can you send it to me? I have two e-mails for him and neither is getting a response. I would love the chance to call and actually talk to him. Any information would be welcome!!!

Thanks
Old 04-01-2005, 07:38 PM
iLL TL 4U2Try

I have sent him a few e-mails in the last couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago, I got a response, but nothing since. You mention that you have a phone number for him, can you send it to me? I have two e-mails for him and neither is getting a response. I would love the chance to call and actually talk to him. Any information would be welcome!!!

Thanks

Dam,I ordered and paid for it like many of the guys did right away, since the 14th and nothing.... got one e-mail saying " hi your spoiler was shipped last week, it should be there anytime soon"
WTF kind of mickey mouse operation are these guys running?!
I'll tell you... only in America... lol
Old 04-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Racer

Thanks
Bob, check your PM. Good luck - it's gone to his VM every call but one and he's never called me back from any messages left...

At this point, I'm going to wait until next week to see if I get any kind of response from him (I'm traveling the next 5 days). When I get back, if I haven't heard from him, I'm going to start exploring my options...

-LOD
Old 04-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Bob, check your PM. Good luck - it's gone to his VM every call but one and he's never called me back from any messages left...

At this point, I'm going to wait until next week to see if I get any kind of response from him (I'm traveling the next 5 days). When I get back, if I haven't heard from him, I'm going to start exploring my options...

-LOD

Thanks for the info. Have a good trip!! Let me know if yours every shows up. I will keep you informed from my end as well. Hope it all works out for the best!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 02:59 PM
never stops!

Bob here is my NBP installed and pic taken for you.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Bob here is my NBP installed and pic taken for you.

The spoiler looks great!!! The color match is pretty strong. Thanks.

P.S. You car looks great also, the paint is in great shape, just waxed?!!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 PM
never stops!

The spoiler looks great!!! The color match is pretty strong. Thanks.

P.S. You car looks great also, the paint is in great shape, just waxed?!!!!!

Nope! Last time I waxed was in May 04. Now it's due for another 3-4 coats of Zaino, will do that before the Bay area meet on 16th. Though I take very special care of paint. Kinda anal about washing and using all wash accessories.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Nope! Last time I waxed was in May 04. Now it's due for another 3-4 coats of Zaino, will do that before the Bay area meet on 16th. Though I take very special care of paint. Kinda anal about washing and using all wash accessories.

You and me both!! My neighbors think something is wrong if they do not see me out on driveway washing atleast once a week. Either way, you ride looks fantastic!!! Keep it up.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Racer

i'm plannin to buy it from wideworld auctions. can anyone tell me the color code for the white TL or would he know already. my car isnt coming til another month. thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Kind of off topic, been a month since i bought mine and he still haven't feedback for me and won't reply to my email for that, is it the same for you guys?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by bulacura
i'm plannin to buy it from wideworld auctions. can anyone tell me the color code for the white TL or would he know already. my car isnt coming til another month. thanks

IS the worlwideauction back on eBay. I heard his user id is not valid any longer. BTW, WDP color code is NH-603P. But confirm it before you order. YOu can confirm at the dealer or on the door jamb of the WDP.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:43 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Kind of off topic, been a month since i bought mine and he still haven't feedback for me and won't reply to my email for that, is it the same for you guys?

Yes very week on the communication. However I got it in exactly two weeks with 5 emails from my side and one from his.

Quick Reply: Immitation lip spoiler on Ebay