Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm in love with my TL!.... Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in love with my TL!.... Now what?

Well, after a few weeks of disapponinting news b/c one MD dealer could not deliver the car at the negotiated price-$31,960 (includes the $615 freight charge) Needless to say, I was very proud that I negotiated this deal ... but pissed off to high hell that they couldn't deliver on it!

I made a few calls, found it in stock myself and worked with Jerome at Pohanka in Chantilly, VA to get the deal done...Spent a few hundred more, but I can't argue with- "We have it in stock!" He was fantastic!

My stats: 06' TL NBP/ Parchment, 6MT & NAVI !!!What a sexy ride!!!

I'm looking for suggestions on keeping it clean and making my TL even better. I prefer a stock look, but I am open to your input. Here is what I'm thinking about so far:

1) Window Tint- 35% $175 (lifetime warranty & computer cut)
2) Paint protection - Diamond Gloss (resin) $300 first application/$125 per year to maintain
3) Interior protection - Innerguard ($75 w/purchase of Diamond Gloss)

I got this advice and pricing from Ziebart in Catonsville, MD....

I appreciate any input !

TLNUBIAN
Old 05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Tint..if you want. Innerguard? Sounds like paint protection to me.

If anything get the trunk tray liner and winter mats online at a fraction of the dealer cost, and get yourself a nice Zaino kit to wax the car yourself. Dealer options also include mud guards, body side moldings, and door edge protectors if you like/dislike these things, they will do more to protect your car than paint protection will if you're that concerned.

Paint protection...snake oil..do yourself a huge favor and get a clear bra instead, search the forums here for tons of good information on these.

Finally, if you want to upgrade your car's handling performance to be much sportier for min investment (like $100) consider adding a Comptech Rear Sway bar, again, search is your friend (see parts & performance and tires & suspension). Once you do this and see how much it improves the car you may want to consider the factory a-spec suspension upgrade, but that costs more (approx $650), you can do that part of the a-spec kit w/o doing the body kit and rims/tires just so you know.

Just my opinion but that's what I did after reading these forums a lot..enjoy your ride!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TLNUBIAN

I'm looking for suggestions on keeping it clean ...
Trade it in for a WDP or Anthracite. Ha haa.. sorry, that was the first thought that came into my mind.

Congrats on the ride and welcome to the club!

So what type of mods are you interested in? Looks or performance? Theres a few options out there depending on the size of your pocket and aspirations.

I definitely agree with the tints and most of what gqchicago said.

Check out what is out there. Here is a thread with online stores that many members buy products from:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131309

Enjoy!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2) Paint protection - Diamond Gloss (resin) $300 first application/$125 per year to maintain

I appreciate any input !

TLNUBIAN
The only info I could find about Diamond Gloss and Innerguard was from Ziebart which really wasn't much ..... not even warranty info. That said, I know of no sealant/protectant that will last 12 months. If that's the case, they've got a gold mine. As gqchicago said, snake oil and you'd be better off doing it yourself. I would pose this question in the Wash & Wax Forum for more opinions. There are a number of pro detailers there and they would be more to render assistance.

Diamond Gloss is the best protection you can get for your car.

It protects against aging weathering and even acid rain and is backed by Ziebart's national warranty. Diamond Gloss is not a wax or silicon polish, but new proprietary technology for automotive finishes that never dulls and never needs waxing. So protect the value of your vehicle by protecting the finish.

* Acid Rain
* Damaging UV Rays
* Salt
* Water spotting
* Bird droppings
* Pollution
* Bug splatters
* Tree sap
* Mud & dirt

Inner-Guard is ideal if you plan to keep your vehicle one to three years. First we condition all vinyl and leather surfaces, then apply Ziebart Fabric Protector to fabric seats and carpet.

* Renews and protects fabrics and interior
* Power-Vac, shampoo, hot-water extraction
* Apply Ziebart Fabric Protector on all fabric
* Clean and condition vinyl and leather
* Limited warranty & guaranteed low renewals
Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After a little more searching, I managed to find this DG Info and DG FAQ.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, after a few weeks of disapponinting news b/c one MD dealer could not deliver the car at the negotiated price-$31,960 (includes the $615 freight charge) Needless to say, I was very proud that I negotiated this deal ... but pissed off to high hell that they couldn't deliver on it!

I made a few calls, found it in stock myself and worked with Jerome at Pohanka in Chantilly, VA to get the deal done...Spent a few hundred more, but I can't argue with- "We have it in stock!" He was fantastic!

I'm looking for suggestions on keeping it clean and making my TL even better. I prefer a stock look, but I am open to your input. Here is what I'm thinking about so far:

I appreciate any input !

TLNUBIAN
Congrats on NBP/Parchment, its one cool looking ride. I have the exact same except in auto. One thing about NBP (or any other black color) that drives me crazy is that dust/dirt is way more noticeable. One thing I would suggest is to go to your local auto parts store and buy one of those car dusters w/ the Swiffer-like brush on the end. It'll keep the car looking nice and shiny between washes.