Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im loosing weight since i bought my TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
His kind are on Jerry Springer every day, a show which, unfortunately, has no shortage of contestants in this country.

...and many of them will choose to 1) reproduce and 2) park next to our cars despite the availability of closer empty spots.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmfgrf
Check this out. I just took this pic of this dummy who parked next to me. Can you tell why I park in this spot?! I left his license there for a reason... if you see him on the road, flick it to him!

Note: I don't hug the curb anymore because birds like to post on my finish. And when it was fall the leaves ended up collecting on my front windshield and who am I to use the wipers without appropriate rainfall?! I can't win...
of all the parking spots he chose the one next to you and parked beyond his own line.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:57 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by Macruz19
I want one!!!

So far no one has hit my car with their doors yet. I do park far away, and sometimes I find someone still parking next to me.
Target. pack of 20 for $1 -lol-
Old 12-22-2006, 02:16 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Check this out. I just took this pic of this dummy who parked next to me. Can you tell why I park in this spot?! I left his license there for a reason... if you see him on the road, flick it to him!

Note: I don't hug the curb anymore because birds like to post on my finish. And when it was fall the leaves ended up collecting on my front windshield and who am I to use the wipers without appropriate rainfall?! I can't win...
I bet that person was trying to do the same. hahaha you just got double owned by that person or that person was just being dick..
Old 12-22-2006, 06:05 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
Target. pack of 20 for $1 -lol-

Are you serious?? haha!!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:36 AM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's like this. I always park on end spots, and have been ever since 1998 when I got my 98 Accord fresh from the dealer. I don't mind the walk; I DO mind the door-dinging. What's funny in that picture is how familiar that scene is to me. I get this kind of crap all the time. It's like people guage how they should park based on the position of the car instead of THE LINES PAINTED FOR THEM ON THE GROUND. Retards.

I never, ever, ever "sandwich" or "sardine" park (those are the terms I use) in the car I drive. My wife isn't too fond (or understanding) of it, but after five or six years she has gotten used to it. Good thing, too, because this tiger ain't changin' his stripes when it comes to parking habits.
My wife has learned and now does the same thing and helps me look for those end spots.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought my experience from today was appropriate for this thread. Today, I went to the gym just like any other day, and parked way in the middle of f-ing nowhere and as far away from any other car as possible - just like I always do to prevent door dings. When I left for the gym, there was no other car in sight. When I came back, I came back to this (camera phone pic...THIS is why phones have cameras):

Now I have to just sit back and not be upset about this one, because:

A) He parked backwards
B) He has a car that is "nicer" than mine
C) He left ample room for both of us to have our doors open at the same time and not have to worry about hitting each other

It's pretty obvious that this guy also cares about where he parks, so in a sense I took it as a bit of an honor that he parked next to me. If this was some clunky Dodge Caravan or something, I'd probably think a lot differently about the situation.

...and no I'm not parked in dirt; that is water that is drying. It's been raining a lot lately in my neck of the woods.