Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Hey I was wondering how old you guys are. I think im the youngest TL driver out there, lol. Im only 16 and drive a car everyone thinks is far too nice for someone my age, although I paid for the car in full with my own money. I drive an Anthracite/Quartz TL w/ Navi. So just a quick poll about how old you guys are.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Racer

how many threads does this make now......

use this, its your friend.....

http://acura-tl.com/forum/search.php?

Old 01-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Drifting

stop braggin....i got my tl when i was 16 too....and im 17 now
Old 01-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Racer

http://acura-tl.com/forum/showthread...ht=age+drivers

http://acura-tl.com/forum/showthread...ht=age+drivers
Old 01-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Instructor

Thumbs down Re: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Originally posted by EggrollXpress61
Hey I was wondering how old you guys are. I think im the youngest TL driver out there, lol. Im only 16 and drive a car everyone thinks is far too nice for someone my age, although I paid for the car in full with my own money. I drive an Anthracite/Quartz TL w/ Navi. So just a quick poll about how old you guys are.
Who care about this??:o
If I tell you I am 14, will you believe it?
Maybe you and me should not be in this forum, because we are not over 18.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got my '99 TL-P when I was 17...then got my '03 TL-S when I was 19...what you trying to say???
Old 01-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Racer

nothin, I was just wonderin how old you guys are. Because I am always being critcized for being too young to drive this car. Hearin that im not the only one makes me feel better
Old 01-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

i got my 99 TL when i was 15, a 2002 330ci for graduation and just go an '04 TL for christmas @ 19.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
I'm 4 years old. I'll be starting kindergarten next year. I bought my car and paid cash for it thanks to a venture capital firm that took a chance on my startup company back during the Internet boom of the late 90's.

Plz dont tel nebody i dont have a lisens.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Rocketsfan
I'm 4 years old. I'll be starting kindergarten next year. I bought my car and paid cash for it thanks to a venture capital firm that took a chance on my startup company back during the Internet boom of the late 90's.

haha
Old 01-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Just gets more and more interesting.....

......all the time. Ahhh, the wonders of the internet
Old 01-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I think I'm the youngest. I'll be conceived on the evening of the Super Bowl somewhere in New England.

Mike
Old 01-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Re: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

I paid for the car in full with my own money. [/B]
OK, I'll bite. Explain "my own money to me".

Used in this context, I don't believe you can count allowance, inheritance, trust fund, drug money, etc...

"My own money" means that you worked to earn that money. Just wondering what job a 16 year old can get that pays him either enough to afford the payment or pay in cash.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Instructor

How about some of you youngsters telling us all "how in the world" you managed to buy a TL or any new car for that matter? Maybe too late for us, but we could pass along the info to kids we know so that they can prepare.

I am tempted to say that you chose your parents wisely, but I could be wrong!
Old 01-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Advanced

Geez- how does someone 16 yrs old accumulate $35,000 on their own???
Old 01-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Racer

Re: Re: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Originally posted by Bartman
OK, I'll bite. Explain "my own money to me".

Used in this context, I don't believe you can count allowance, inheritance, trust fund, drug money, etc...

"My own money" means that you worked to earn that money. Just wondering what job a 16 year old can get that pays him either enough to afford the payment or pay in cash.
Try Cisco Certified Network Professional
Old 01-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Racer

i smell bull****....

Mommy and daddy funded TL... 16 year old Cisco Certified???

Come on..... if you do have the cert, your only a mere Paper Cert person and dont know jack about it.....

Would like to see a scan or picture of it...
Old 01-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Racer

I may be only 24, but i know my a$$ works for my house and my cars....
Old 01-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Hey I was wondering how old you guys are. I think im the youngest TL driver out there, lol. Im only 16 and drive a car everyone thinks is far too nice for someone my age, although I paid for the car in full with my own money. So just a quick poll about how old you guys are.
Hey kid, listen up. There was just a poll about "age of TL drivers" and we all saw that you were on it already. Then suddenly you posted another thread to draw attention to yourself right below the original thread. Here's my 2 cents whether you like or not, and understand that my impression is formed by your comments and your age. I may not be totally accurate, but this is how you came across to me. Take it for what its worth, and maybe you'll learn a little something from a 39 year old guy who's been through a lot more than you have, and known alot more people in his life. This may sound harsh, but sometimes these internet forums will elicit this type of response from other people:

1. You seem to need to feel cool and important, even on a website.

2. You seem to want to be envied by others, and I'm sure you get plenty of that at high school where I'll guarantee you there are people who think you're a total jerk just for driving a $35K car to school.

3. You are practically a baby, just past the point of being a child, and yet you claim to have bought the car with your own money. Just because your family gave you money, you inherited it, or you had a bar mitzvah (which I doubt judging by your name), does not mean you have done what the vast majority of us have done; work hard, develop marketability in the work place, and EARN THE MONEY BY WORKING. Therefore, its an insult to my intelligence for you to come on here and say you paid for it with your money, and expect that to mean something. You're not mature enough yet to understand the way you come across.

4. Your parents aren't doing you any favors in the long run by giving you so much, and spoiling your ability to work hard for somehting before you possess it. Instead they just put things in your lap. In a situation like this, the parents are the ones screwing things up for a kid. I know you think your parents are cool, or maybe you just know that you can get them to give you what you want, and that makes you feel powerful. Whatever the case, your parents may be doing much more harm than good by giving you a sense of entitlement that will leave you feeling very depressed in the years to come. I've seen it before, many times, I live in Bevely Hills and there's plenty of this crap going on all around me.

Sorry to say it, but this is how you're coming across to me. Period.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:31 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Your initial posts says it all (immature). I you were smart enough to have EARNED ANY of that money yourself, you also would have been intelligent enough to have not placed such an assinine post. If I were your parents and had saved that cash for your college, you'd be finding another place to live. BTW - I've been Cisco Certified since longer than you've been in your teens (Didn't have to take any classes either as real life experience provided more than enough expertise to pass the exams. Not yet a CCIE though (Too busy working to take the hands on). Generally, such a basic ceritifcation like that won't earn you enough to pay for this car without any real world experience to back it up. Too bad you couldn't carry the boast to the next level...Why don't you just go over to mbworld.org and claim you have an SL55 as well. Or better yet, how about one of those new McLaren's?
Old 01-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Racer

Just for the record, I dont have the nicest car at school, and I dont intend on it. Im not trying to brag or draw attention, I just asked a simple question. I am a CCNP and studied my ass off to achieve it. I worked a lot of hours and just as hard as all of you guys for this car. Who are you to judge others? just my $.02
Old 01-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Advanced

16 You May be
Cisco Certified You May be
Richer than anyone on this board You May be

But you might want to learn a thing or two about
tact.

I've even included a link

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tact

Now, I will stop feeding the trolls
Old 01-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Racer

ill retract my statement.. im not feed into this....

Congrats... on whatever you do....:piss2: :smackhead
Old 01-04-2004, 01:11 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Mike - congrats on obtaining the CCNP. It's a nice start. A few reference accounts are good but one or two projects doesn't generate enough income to afford one of these cars on it's own. Also, don't lists your accounts to these public forums. It's just not smart. if I called them to tell them that your on this board bragging about how they are your clients, you would be in danger of loosing those accounts to others. Try to use a little more tact in your next post. Your smartest move would be to ask the mods to close this one ASAP.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Wish you obtain your CCIE asap and make more dreams come true.

I remember there is another guy, 17, in North Canton??
Old 01-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Here you go *******

and I really dont give a **** if you dont believe me. I dont know jack about CN? Why dont you ask for refrence from Petra or Firestorm Trading? Ive set up both their networks. I was certified @ Franscis Tuttle Votech in Oklahoma City. Just cause it took U so long doesnt mean I dont know it. Your face probably has more wrinkles than my dad's balls you old sack of ****. so **** you.
You're not helping things.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Racer

Thanks, Im tryin. Its hard to fit school and studying for CCSP. its tough!
Old 01-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro

Immature

What is immature here is picking on someone who just posted a question survey or whatever.

How many times do peopel post things that are covered in otehr threads?

Answer: Enough that it is a waste of time to go being rude to people that do... it just happens.. sort of like rain.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Troublemaker

im 16 ssm quartz navi... There are 2 other kids with 04Tl's at my high school (nbp and another ssm). I turn 17 in 2 weeks though.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:25 PM
6th Gear

Hey, I believe him.... Im 17 and just got the 04 TL, and as for being a network professional.... I am too... Its not exactly that hard!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Drifting

I'm 21(probably look younger than that) and I'm working to pay off my TL like most others. No handouts from mom and dad on this one. If people(not on this board) are saying **** about you driving a TL, just tell them to **** off. They're probably just jealous.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by gordon_gekko
I'm 21(probably look younger than that) and I'm working to pay off my TL like most others. No handouts from mom and dad on this one. If people(not on this board) are saying **** about you driving a TL, just tell them to **** off. They're probably just jealous.
Or you could just keep your mouth shut and ignore people like that. This way you don't end up with more of a conflict than you bargained for. Do you really want to tell people to phuck off? Some people don't take that so well..fights, guns, knives, vandalism to your car when you're not around. What do you care what they say?

For what its worth, it seems completely out of sync for a teenagers to be earning enough money to buy 35K cars. Even a 21 year-old just seems really young to be so focused on material things. What happened to getting a proper education first? Short of pop stars and pro athletes, I thought most people were still going about it the normal way, but what the hell do I know about teenagers? I'll be 40 in April.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Rocketsfan

LMAO

I am 17 and getting my 04 TL in summer btw
Old 01-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally posted by acuraddict
Or you could just keep your mouth shut and ignore people like that. This way you don't end up with more of a conflict than you bargained for. Do you really want to tell people to phuck off? Some people don't take that so well..fights, guns, knives, vandalism to your car when you're not around. What do you care what they say?

For what its worth, it seems completely out of sync for a teenagers to be earning enough money to buy 35K cars. Even a 21 year-old just seems really young to be so focused on material things. What happened to getting a proper education first? Short of pop stars and pro athletes, I thought most people were still going about it the normal way, but what the hell do I know about teenagers? I'll be 40 in April.
Its all good if you can do the education and job at the same time. I've sold cars and done college at the same time. Best of both worlds.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Try Cisco Certified Network Professional
Unusual ... I have my CCNA certification along with many other "useless certifications" and they're collecting dust on my bookshelf! ILL EBAY THEM!!! ANYONE INTERESTED?!

21 ... ran my own landscaping business ... now the season's over so I'm looking for a job ... anyone wanna hook me up?

my first few cars were from my parents. Ford Expeidition was a hand down from my mom till lease was up. 2001 IS300 my rents got me, but then we sold it when I went to college..
Old 01-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Race Director

what is this a "I AM BETTER THAN YOU" thread..
Old 01-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Instructor

this is a "i am young and spolied, but trying to justify myself thread"

:p
Old 01-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by acuraddict

Or you could just mind your own business If some yahoo's gonna call me out because I'm driving a TL, I'm gonna rip into them. And I live in Canada bud, I don't have to worry about getting a gun pulled on me. Obviously, I use common sense. I mean, I'm not gonna tell some 350lb biker dude to **** off, but, I will go off on, say, the average 40yr old white male who feels the need to stick his nose where it doesn't belong and make some ignorant, smartass comment about someone my age driving a TL.

For what it's worth, I couldn't care less that you think TL's are too "extravagant" for people my age. Also, who do you think you are telling me that I'm "so focused on material things?" You don't know me. You have no idea where my priorities are, so don't pretend to. I also just got my BSBA from The Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University. Is that proper enough for you?

Most people who are as smug and condescending as yourself can at least back it up with some intelligence. Unfortunately you cannot. You are very ignorant.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Racer

I can't even tell you how stupid a thread this is. My wife was just looking over my shoulder and I had to hide the computer scren from her.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Advanced

Hey guys!!! EggrollXpress61 just wants to ask for your ages and he thinks he's the youngest. That's all I can see. Either you are older or younger, then post it. You don't have to be harsh on your comments.

Quick Reply: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll