Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I raced a cop car.. well kinda..

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
I know you are on a public board and all....but this kind of proves my point. Be the bigger guy....I thought cops were supposed to be able to take it....but it appears to me that the truth is peeking out behind the text somewhere. Basically what you have said is....if I pull you over....you better act like I want you to act....and if you do....you are likely to just have a 10 minute conversation with a nice cop? In that vein...I will take the ticket. You are not making me act like anything my friend - I am not your personal side show here....thats NOT your job NOR your right. Your job is to Police...not control my every move and behavior dude. Basically what you have said is that if they put on a side show act for you and act as YOU deem appropriate....that you are willing more times than not to let em off. You know what guy...thats not policing....thats using people for your own entertainment to some degree....and not much better than taking an ant and putting him under a magnifier in the sun and if he moves the way you like....you let him go. Thats whacked...EVERYBODY SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY REGARDLESS. Sound familiar at all?
Damn you are one bitter person. OK fine. For every small/medium/large offence you do there will no longer be Officer Discretion. For every offence there will be a ticket. Is that what you want??? Sounds like it. I pull over vehicles all day long but may only write 1-2 tickets. I hate writing tickets. Usualy the verbal warning is enough. I like talking to ppl on the road and for the most part ppl have no problem with the way I run my stops. Do I turn them into a side show?? HELL NO and I resent you presenting me in that way. You have to drive pretty bad for me to give you a ticket and traffic is a very small part of my job. I enjoy doing traffic as a release from all the other shit that gets thrown at me in a run of a day.
Sorry for your cop hate BENZ and now your bitterness at me
Old 02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Advanced

For all you ppl out there that have been unjustly prosecuted by a police officer in America/Canada I opologize on behalf of the membership (RCMP are considered members of the force not employees).

Officer descretion: the choice to charge or not to charge based on the situation. Some cities do not allow it. The tickets fill the city coffers and the officers have quotas to meet. I'm glad that is not the case with the RCMP or I would be way behind the 8-ball.

I just want all driver to be safe out there. A cop can pull you over just to check your paperwork, thats the drawback of owning a car or haveing a licence to drive.

Yup some cops are jerks, I have worked with some. But fomr my experience thus far the ppl I work with are great. Mind you have not had the experiences of you ppl in the states, police there seem to have more powers that our Charter of Rights do not allow.

Don't provoke a cop as you never know if that guy is gonna be the asshole or not. And I'm sorry for that asshole as he/she is the one that paints us all with the sam brush.

BENZ we are gettin heated at each other and we don't know each other. Sorry.

Talk to you Secretary of State about you police gripes. He seems like a good guy. I pulled him over for speeding last June and had a great chat with him. No he didn't get a ticket, he was all turned around and frustrated so I helped him get his bearings.

Damn 2hrs til I have to go on shift. With the weather we just had I can se mself goin to alot of accidents tonight. Boo that. Be safe out there all. nothing worse that n a bruised TL.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had run-ins with asshole cops, too... I had one dick screamin his lungs out at me (his veins were even popping out of his neck ) and I just kept my cool and was real calm and polite and when he demanded to know why I didn't have my wallet (and license) on me, I was just real calm and appologetic and he just stormed off back to his car with my registration... it was the funniest shit ever... I'm pretty sure he was trying to yell and scream at me to try and instigate something and give him pc to do more than write me a ticket, but I just kept my cool since we both knew he didn't have shit to prove that I actually was going 90+ mph when I accidentally passed him ... so I got off with a $40 ticket for not having my license

Dliff notes:
sped past cop real fast
got pulled over
cop was huge asshole
no evidence + being polite = $40 ticket for not having my license
Old 02-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Racer

oh, and he ended up being a corporal (basically a rookie) and gave me the wrong copies of the ticket, so I had to go down to the station to give them their copies
Old 02-15-2007, 12:51 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by NS-TL
And your attitude is why most of us wish we could write asshole tickets under the SCA (Stuned C*@ts Act).

My attitude... I hardly ever get pulled off for anything. I'm not a reckless driver or someone who speeds for joy.

you said
Originally Posted by NS-TL
Police may come accross stiff when they come to your vehicle as it is the most dangerous position for them to be in. More officers are killed at traffic stops than any other part of our duty.
well that's too bad son. Being a cop, going into that job, you already know the risk. It's like saying a Bomb Defuse Squad saying "bombs could explode any second and that's the hardest part of your job." It is part of your job, it's not a glamous or fancy jobs to take. Being a cop is to protect and serve.... there is nothing fancy about it.

like I said, most cops are dicks because they tend to think they are above everyone just becuase they're cops.... especially when they pulled someone over. But there are nice cops out there........

it goes back to what I was saying. I can give 2 shits about them. I avoid them, hardly ever need them. You can argue if my home ever gets robbed or ever get into an accident and need them....... well.... I pay taxes, that's your job to protect and serve me.

In essence, you work for people like me, you work for us. It's your duty to do your job and make the community save for us.

I work for the Feds, it is my job to crack certain crime and protect people like you to have a safe and happy home.

I am sure you are a good cop and falls under the 1% category... but it doesn't mean the rest of your collegues aren't assholes.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Racer

NS-TL, you're a good guy I can tell, These people just have no clue what they are talking about! They think they know...but they don't. You have 2 or 3 Cop haters that no matter what you say they will find fault in it. For anyone to say "It's your Job" you knew the risk when you took the job blah..blah..blah! Are just plain Ignorant! How much is your life worth? I don't know anyone who would put a price tag on their own life! As a Police Officer you put your life on the line everyday! I don't imagine that you wake up each day and say "Gee, I wonder if I can sacrifice my life today to better serve the ungrateful citizens who pay taxes and commit crimes." So please a show of hands..how many poeple would sacrifice their life right now for $100,000. How about $500,000, no lets make it a cool Million! Right now, you die for a million dollars. Oh and if you think you're family will get the money when you are gone, nope thats not part of the deal. If you have some kids they don'thave to pay for college,now thats a deal to die for isn't it. Well I guess you would get the typical 1x your salary for your family so hopefully they won't spend that whole $65 thousand too quickly because it has to last them forever. Whoo-hoo! Oh and Cops pay taxes too so I guess they pay their own salaries so that lame ass statement can finally be put to rest too. For all the Police Officers out there! You have an abundance of citizens who appreciate everything you do! Keep up the good work and "Be Safe"! And if I get pulled over I would sure appreciate a warning although we all know If I was pulled over I most probably am guilty of some infraction no matter how big or small. So stop bitching about Cops doing their jobs. MOST cops are great people! A very small few are not! Deal with it!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:13 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by conan777
NS-TL, you're a good guy I can tell, These people just have no clue what they are talking about! They think they know...but they don't. You have 2 or 3 Cop haters that no matter what you say they will find fault in it. For anyone to say "It's your Job" you knew the risk when you took the job blah..blah..blah! Are just plain Ignorant! How much is your life worth? I don't know anyone who would put a price tag on their own life! As a Police Officer you put your life on the line everyday! I don't imagine that you wake up each day and say "Gee, I wonder if I can sacrifice my life today to better serve the ungrateful citizens who pay taxes and commit crimes." So please a show of hands..how many poeple would sacrifice their life right now for $100,000. How about $500,000, no lets make it a cool Million! Right now, you die for a million dollars. Oh and if you think you're family will get the money when you are gone, nope thats not part of the deal. If you have some kids they don'thave to pay for college,now thats a deal to die for isn't it. Well I guess you would get the typical 1x your salary for your family so hopefully they won't spend that whole $65 thousand too quickly because it has to last them forever. Whoo-hoo! Oh and Cops pay taxes too so I guess they pay their own salaries so that lame ass statement can finally be put to rest too. For all the Police Officers out there! You have an abundance of citizens who appreciate everything you do! Keep up the good work and "Be Safe"! And if I get pulled over I would sure appreciate a warning although we all know If I was pulled over I most probably am guilty of some infraction no matter how big or small. So stop bitching about Cops doing their jobs. MOST cops are great people! A very small few are not! Deal with it!
#1 - As you may have noticed....we all can speak for ourselves...so I would appreciate it if you would not put words into our mouths. This post of yours is mindless ramble with NO logic behind it whatsoever. Yes...cops pay taxes too....do you think they pay 65,000 a year in taxes my friend? Did you? Most likely...nope. Therefore they dont pay their own salaries- so to make that inference is way off base and boarderline rediculous and as you put it...a lame ass post (and arguement as well). It is ALL of our taxes.....(or the folks that live in that county anyway). Sure....there is always an abundance of knee-cap suckers that will bow down to anybody that they see as authority....and thats fine if you want to go that route....myself....these are just people....just a man....same as you and I.

These people just have no clue what they are talking about! They think they know...but they don't. (your statement) Sure we do. You have not proven otherwise in your post anyway nor even provided a good arguement of facts to prove otherwise? I would say....its YOU that dont know what you are talking about. This is just a dumb statement with no backbone whatsoever to stand on its own.

Now sir....as you say our statements are LAME? -

NS-TL, you're a good guy I can tell, These people just have no clue what they are talking about! They think they know...but they don't.

How is this? Child predators seem like nice guys on line too I bet. You have no idea about this guy....lame.

You have 2 or 3 Cop haters that no matter what you say they will find fault in it.

I dont think this is the case....but thats ok....given the first statement...this falls right in line.

For anyone to say "It's your Job" you knew the risk when you took the job blah..blah..blah! Are just plain Ignorant!

I would say otherwise...I would say that an officer that DIDNT think about these things before he took the job is ignorant. Plain and simple. Given that...I might point out as you call US ignorant...that the words...."Are just plain ignorant!" is neither a sentence nor a complete thought. There are several others throughout your post....but I wont take the time here to point em all out. Suffice it to say....I would think that somebody calling US ignorant....would at a minimum....be able to write in complete sentences and thoughts as he called us ignorant.

How much is your life worth? I don't know anyone who would put a price tag on their own life! As a Police Officer you put your life on the line everyday! I don't imagine that you wake up each day and say "Gee, I wonder if I can sacrifice my life today to better serve the ungrateful citizens who pay taxes and commit crimes." So please a show of hands..how many poeple would sacrifice their life right now for $100,000. How about $500,000, no lets make it a cool Million! Right now, you die for a million dollars. Oh and if you think you're family will get the money when you are gone, nope thats not part of the deal. If you have some kids they don'thave to pay for college,now thats a deal to die for isn't it. Well I guess you would get the typical 1x your salary for your family so hopefully they won't spend that whole $65 thousand too quickly because it has to last them forever. Whoo-hoo!

Again...just jibberish with no base. I would say....based on your response here....you are also a police officer or have a police officer in the family...but that is a guess as best. "Gee, I wonder if I can sacrifice my life today to better serve the ungrateful citizens who pay taxes and commit crimes." And you tend to prove part of my point....even YOU think this way-that all citizens are ungrateful and criminals....you even state so yourself right here in writing....and if you dont feel that way....I take it from the statement...you certainly feel that the Police feel that way about citizens...which more or less....is part of the agrument to some degree and you also must agree with it (even though you state you dont) as you use part of the premise in your own response to call us ignorant? Come on!

Now....sorry to pick your post apart line by line...but when you go calling people ignorant and say they are making lame ass statements.....you better come with something more concrete than this for your agrument!

J/K!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:17 AM
now with four rings

Old 02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by conan777
you fucking idiot... speak for yourself and not for the entire human population.

Nobody ask cops to become a cop, they chose that road.... some did it for glory... trying to be fancy. Others do it to protect and serve......... but nobody ask them to wake up in the morning and sacrifice their lives.
A cop is no important than a fireman, while we appreciate them, we don't need to kiss their ass. It's their duty and their job to protect and serve citizens like me. I worked for the FBI for 3 years, I never once asked any citizen to thank me. Now I work for Fed gov't, I don't ask for it neither.
Time to wake up and smell the roses, every citizen pay taxes, some of it goes to the cops, others goes to everything else. In essence, we pay their salary.....
you speak like a cop wannabe, but living thru COPS TV show as a dream.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:19 AM
The Boss

btw
conan777 needs some counter-arguments because MichaelBenz just totally him
Old 02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
The Boss

February post of the month
Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 AM
now with four rings

just found this article where a husband and wife spent $1200 on 3 video cameras and a radar gun to monitor cars speeding through their neighborhood...and they ended up catching a cop going 17mph over the speed limit...they're trying to press charges against the cop and he turns around claiming they were stalking him...

just thought it'd be an interesting read considering all the cop talk going on...you have to subscribe to read the full article, though...
Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by rimz
Ah...its wasnt all that....and I dont think he meant to come off that way...but it sure sounded like he was talking about Myself and BoostedJack....and hey....I think both of us are FAR from ignorant. We have opinions...just like everybody here on this board does...and has a right to express em. I was thinking on the way into the office - knowledge is kind of a double edge sword - the more you know, the harder it is to enjoy yourself sometimes. One could apply this many many different ways/scenarios - when I first started thinking about it I was thinking of some volunteer work I do where we are putting on an automotive performance challenge event for the local childrens hospital here in Indy and how much work it has become and how it has drastically changed my view on things overall - like when you go into a supercross event for example (coming to Indy soon, which got me thinking about it) I can now see myself looking at the venue itself...how its put together and run...what vendors they were able to secure and what kind of sponsorship and what sponsors, ect. Last year and years before when I went....I just went and had fun, never really taking notice of how something was managed or put together other than if something was overly wrong or something. Maybe that is also the case here....Maybe its a case where a few of us have seen or had different experiences that tend to lead us to look at things differently as we have different views and knowledge levels...be it by direct contact type experience or what we have seen and heard. These experiences and views will always tend to sway how we see things. Personally, I have been pulled over many times in my driving history. Most valid reasons, ect - but this does not mean that one treats another with disrespect. Now where the line gets jaded a bit is...personally...I probably have grown to have a complete lack of respect for the law whatsoever, and therefore, law enforcement probably falls closely within this category. BUT....when I do have a problem, the law is not the first person I would call for help either. I am the type that you would be dealing with me one on one first. Reason behind that....law enforcement is 98% reactionary - what has happened has already happened...and calling them is NOT going to change it/get your stuff back/make somebody alive that is shot and now dead/find your rims and tires/put the window back in the front of your store/whatever, you get my point as I cant think of all the scenarios that you could fill in here, ect. Now are they a necessary link in the entire chain...of course. Would I eventually call em...sure. Gotta get an insurance claim going dont I, or whatever the case would be...but no - I am not one to count on the Police to provide me with a safe place to live, protect me from bodily harm, ect. Because think about it....To Protect and Serve. I guess if you want to say that by ticketing somebody....they make the world better and safer for everybody - but the fact is....I am almost willing to bet that tickets more times than not...do NOTHING to change a drivers habits. I know its never really phased me whatsoever? Never changed my habits, made me think differently that caused me to change my driving habits, ect. So did they make the world safer in my specific case...no. All they did was collect some revenue. And the more you know about the court system...the more you will find out thats a complete sham to boot in many cases....and also a revenue station for the county. I mean, the one fellow says...if I got pulled over for something...I was more than likley doing it, ect. and hes probably right...and most of us could probably apply that statement. BUT...when you go to court and with some simple money and negotiations...bypass that system fairly easily - you get the point that this system is WAY off kilter and biased based toward the cash cow.

In the end...are Police really necessary...sure, just like trash men, sewer cleaners, ditch diggers, ect. That would be a hard argument to make against that one. But...do I tend to get annoyed when I am behind one of em or they are holding me up somehow....sure. But I dont believe just because an officer has a uniform on and has a job or even career in law enforcement that he should get one iota more respect than anybody else I meet everyday. I try to treat everyone with equal respect, because fact is...they are all just as important as the others - but....not any more important than any ordinary citizen...but again...just my opinion there. I mean...I have had officers try to tell me how I was to speak to them and exactly what words I was to use...and I hate to break it to em....but this is not their job nor right. I answer questions the way I answer questions...for example...do you have a gun in the car? I say - absolutely not....PROBLEM. He say...what....Absolutely? -(and he heard me...he was just being a schmuck) - and starts to tell me how I am to answer his questions. I was like...geez...here we go again...a damn cop so full of himself he think he is king. Are there times I have been pulled over and it went professionally and just the way it should have....abso-friggin-lutely. And IMO...there is no excuse for anything less. BUT.....it is that experience with the "few" somebody stated earlier all shrouded in that Blue Shield Code of whatever the name of that dealio is...where they dont rat each other out...that tends to make me call most of em hypocrites! If you cant police yourselves...dont try to police me. /rant
Old 02-16-2007, 10:26 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

just found this article where a husband and wife spent $1200 on 3 video cameras and a radar gun to monitor cars speeding through their neighborhood...and they ended up catching a cop going 17mph over the speed limit...they're trying to press charges against the cop and he turns around claiming they were stalking him...

just thought it'd be an interesting read considering all the cop talk going on...you have to subscribe to read the full article, though...
You know...I honestly thought about that same thing, but in the car. So when and if you got pulled over and got treated wrong...you could use it against them, at a minimum, to get them investigated by Internal Affairs. Use the same technology they are using....car cams. I bet something like that would sell ok if it was developed as a write over type disk or something in the trunk combined with some very small unobtrusive totally integrated cams with multiviews. Maybe one out front view, and two angles inside the car or something? After install it would be almost unnoticed by anybody but constantly recording anytime the car was running and for ten minutes after or something. That way...if the stop was a long one and you got past the 10 min window and they made you turn the car off, it would be very easily reset and restarted by turning ignion off and on again without starting motor. I dont know...just thinking.... Sorry...off topic there for a min....I tend to think about things like this all day....new ideas to make things better....in about anything or anywhere I go. I guess its the entrepreneur in me.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
now with four rings

You know...I honestly thought about that same thing, but in the car. So when and if you got pulled over and got treated wrong...you could use it against them, at a minimum, to get them investigated by Internal Affairs. Use the same technology they are using....car cams. I bet something like that would sell ok if it was developed as a write over type disk or something in the trunk combined with some very small unobtrusive totally integrated cams with multiviews. Maybe one out front view, and two angles inside the car or something? After install it would be almost unnoticed by anybody but constantly recording anytime the car was running and for ten minutes after or something. That way...if the stop was a long one and you got past the 10 min window and they made you turn the car off, it would be very easily reset and restarted by turning ignion off and on again without starting motor. I dont know...just thinking.... Sorry...off topic there for a min....I tend to think about things like this all day....new ideas to make things better....in about anything or anywhere I go. I guess its the entrepreneur in me.
funny thing, i've actually thought about doing the same thing...originally i thought about putting 2 or 3 small cameras in the car in case it gets broken into (after having my two previous cars broken into, i'm thinking of ways to finally crackdown on these cowards)...then i started thinking of using those same cams for police encounters...i even thought about having a disk that would have to be re-writable like you did...it records while you drive (and 10 min. after the car turns off was a nice idea ) and if the car alarm goes off, the cams turn back on (if outside the first 10 min range)...you would have to manually erase the previous recording(s) as opposed to the disk erasing anything on it's own...

for now, since i don't have cams or anything in my car, when i encounter a cop, i pick up my cell phone and get the video recorder ready if i have the slightest feeling of him pulling me over...and more specifically, if i see a cop clocking people on the highway, i'll get my video recorder ready on my phone and point it at the speedometer...i don't need a cop whose trying to meet a quota to pull me over and feed me some bullshit about how i was going this fast when really i was cruising at the speed limit...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
B A N N E D

I got pulled over last month for the stupidest thing. I was a at a mini meet with c0v3rr1d3 and a few other members from this forum. We were all hangin out at a wendys parking lot not botherin anyone when a cop comes in with his lights on and tells us to get out of the lot. We had just finished eating so we are paying customers so technically its not loitering. We didnt really say anything just got in our cars and we started to leave. I was in the middle as we did a U turn from a light. I look in my rear view and see the cop run the red light and do a U turn. I was thinkin to myself shit one of us is fucked. He cuts off the TL behind me and at that point i realized he was about to pull me over so i switched to the right lane and then he turned his lights on. so i pulled over into a gas station. shut my car off rolled all of my windows down in 20 degree weather and got all my info out. he comes to my window and asks for the usual stuff so i handed it to him and the he says that he pulled me over for my tints. I politely told him that i have nothing to hide i rolled all my windows down and if he really wants feel free to search my car. he goes back to his car takes about 20 mins as i freeze my balls off. comes back and hands me a 136 dollar tint ticket. so being nice doesnt always get you out of tickets. and in this case i didnt even mean any harm i was just minding my own business doing speed limit.

I belive there are nice cops such as NS-TL but there are also cops who will just give u a ticket cause they are bored.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
now with four rings

you know, i understand the reasoning for cops not liking dark tinted windows, but it's fucking ridiculous...you're in your car minding your business...who gives a fuck if you can see me or not...i have shades and blinds in my windows at home...are you gonna ticket me because you can't see me messing around with my wife? as long as you show you have nothing to hide if you get pulled over (putting your windows down like you did S1CK), then i don't see a reason for ticketing someone on how dark their windows are...if they think your windows are too dark, then they can pay to have the tint removed and have a more 'legal' tint put back on...fucking jackoffs...i've seen undercover cop cars with presidential tint on their cars, but that's okay because they carry a badge...

"yeah, so my license got suspended for 6 months..."

..."really, what for?"...

"because some cop couldn't watch me minding my own business while driving"...
Old 02-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by t7n7
the pig didnt' have shit on me.. as long as i was going around the speed limit... he can't give me a ticket for accelerating..

Maybe not in canada but here in the states they can get you for exhibition of speed.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Racer

Benz, I might've aggreed with you about getting pulled over not changing driving habits, but after getting ANOTHER moving violation (technically my 5th run-in with the PO since I bought my TL, but the 1st time I didn't pay attention and let an undie catch me... I'm definitely a dumbass, I know ), I've relaxed on the road because now I'm not sure how many points I've racked up and I can't afford to have my license suspended (although it probably will be soon enough with my luck)... I also don't aggree with your take on how to treat cops... Yeah, I hate even being around them, let alone dealing with them, and you're totally right about them being reactionary, but being polite is never a bad thing... It's obviously not a guaranteed pass, but it can never hurt... I know it can help with getting out of tickets sometimes and even the biggest assholes eventually start to soften up if you just keep real cool, calm and polite under fire... There are all sorts of other hypothetical situations you could think of where you can benefit from being polite... If you don't stand out, the cop might not care to show up for court if you take it that far, and if he does, you never know how the penalties may be reduced...

SICK, I feel your pain... I was sittin with my windows down for 20 mins saturday night with the car off when it was 12 degrees out freezing my BALLS off... I must say, tho, that the more I think about it, the more I realize right now how much being polite helped this past saturday (being dressed in a suit and tie almost every time I've been pulled over has probably helped, too) because I easily could've been arrested right then and there if either of the cops who pulled up had felt like it (90 in a 55 should've been a reckless on top of just the excessive speeding I got slammed with, I'd been drinking (MODERATELY, but it still smelled like it) and was breathalized and field tested, but passed, so I know I was way under the legal limit, but being under 21, he still could've taken me in just for that, plus, my tags were suspended because I hadn't yet taken care of a past-due emissions test, so I got another ticket for that), so yeah, it's not a guarantee, and if you don't like that, I guess you have a right to act/react however you want, but not spreading a bad mood (misery loves company, remember, so you could be ruining it for the rest of us out there trying to avoid trouble) and the possibility of invoking pitty and getting out of a ticket seem worth it enough to me to at least be polite and very respectful when dealing face-to-face with the law in any situation... just hide your feelings

sorry

Cliffs notes:
-getting pulled over CAN change a driver's attitude
-don't like or trust most cops either
-think Benz is right about them being reactionary- HATE it
-was pulled over for being a dumbass
-was polite
-avoided potentially greater penalties
-disagree with Benz- politeness won't guarantee being cut any kind of break, but take my word for it, I know it doesn't hurt, so why not try to at least tolerate them? Also, remember that Acura drivers are supposed to be classy, so at least try to act the part for all of us
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by speedbawlinTL
Benz, I might've aggreed with you about getting pulled over not changing driving habits, but after getting ANOTHER moving violation (technically my 5th run-in with the PO since I bought my TL, but the 1st time I didn't pay attention and let an undie catch me... I'm definitely a dumbass, I know ), I've relaxed on the road because now I'm not sure how many points I've racked up and I can't afford to have my license suspended (although it probably will be soon enough with my luck)... I also don't aggree with your take on how to treat cops... Yeah, I hate even being around them, let alone dealing with them, and you're totally right about them being reactionary, but being polite is never a bad thing... It's obviously not a guaranteed pass, but it can never hurt... I know it can help with getting out of tickets sometimes and even the biggest assholes eventually start to soften up if you just keep real cool, calm and polite under fire... There are all sorts of other hypothetical situations you could think of where you can benefit from being polite... If you don't stand out, the cop might not care to show up for court if you take it that far, and if he does, you never know how the penalties may be reduced...

SICK, I feel your pain... I was sittin with my windows down for 20 mins saturday night with the car off when it was 12 degrees out freezing my BALLS off... I must say, tho, that the more I think about it, the more I realize right now how much being polite helped this past saturday (being dressed in a suit and tie almost every time I've been pulled over has probably helped, too) because I easily could've been arrested right then and there if either of the cops who pulled up had felt like it (90 in a 55 should've been a reckless on top of just the excessive speeding I got slammed with, I'd been drinking (MODERATELY, but it still smelled like it) and was breathalized and field tested, but passed, so I know I was way under the legal limit, but being under 21, he still could've taken me in just for that, plus, my tags were suspended because I hadn't yet taken care of a past-due emissions test, so I got another ticket for that), so yeah, it's not a guarantee, and if you don't like that, I guess you have a right to act/react however you want, but not spreading a bad mood (misery loves company, remember, so you could be ruining it for the rest of us out there trying to avoid trouble) and the possibility of invoking pitty and getting out of a ticket seem worth it enough to me to at least be polite and very respectful when dealing face-to-face with the law in any situation... just hide your feelings

sorry

Cliffs notes:
-getting pulled over CAN change a driver's attitude
-don't like or trust most cops either
-think Benz is right about them being reactionary- HATE it
-was pulled over for being a dumbass
-was polite
-avoided potentially greater penalties
-disagree with Benz- politeness won't guarantee being cut any kind of break, but take my word for it, I know it doesn't hurt, so why not try to at least tolerate them? Also, remember that Acura drivers are supposed to be classy, so at least try to act the part for all of us
I think you may have misread into my response...I dont act like a smartass by any means around any police officer. I am a salesman dude....trust me...I know how to sell....even with I think your a prick! (no...not you) I am talking about when they start to get all smart with you even though you ARE acting accordingly and proper. See it all the time and I am not even a minority. They come predisposed that you are gonna be a criminal and a kid before they even get to the car. I think part of it is they expect a kid when they get to my car...but they get a grown adult...and they cant shift gears from there. Thats my take on it anyway. Now so far as being a deterrent....nah....I do what I wanna do most of the time. Its all about time and place really and using your judgement skills like you have a noodle in your skull anyway!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Racer

I think you may have misread into my response...I dont act like a smartass by any means around any police officer. I am a salesman dude....trust me...I know how to sell....even with I think your a prick! (no...not you) I am talking about when they start to get all smart with you even though you ARE acting accordingly and proper. See it all the time and I am not even a minority. They come predisposed that you are gonna be a criminal and a kid before they even get to the car. I think part of it is they expect a kid when they get to my car...but they get a grown adult...and they cant shift gears from there. Thats my take on it anyway. Now so far as being a deterrent....nah....I do what I wanna do most of the time. Its all about time and place really and using your judgement skills like you have a noodle in your skull anyway!
haha... nice... and sorry about the misunderstanding... and I'll second that the combination of time, place, and judgment (or lack thereof) is what gets you in and out of trouble, or helps you avoid it altogether... speaking of time and place, whenever I've gotten pulled over and happened to be wearing a suit and tie, the officers were bewildered... I mean when you see a 20 year-old kid driving a TL in a manner that warrants getting pulled over, who's going to expect the kid to not only be professionally dressed, but act the part so well, too? definitely threw them off and it has probably helped lower how much I've had to pay in fines, but I have yet to get out of a ticket from the suit alone
Old 02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by speedbawlinTL
haha... nice... and sorry about the misunderstanding... and I'll second that the combination of time, place, and judgment (or lack thereof) is what gets you in and out of trouble, or helps you avoid it altogether... speaking of time and place, whenever I've gotten pulled over and happened to be wearing a suit and tie, the officers were bewildered... I mean when you see a 20 year-old kid driving a TL in a manner that warrants getting pulled over, who's going to expect the kid to not only be professionally dressed, but act the part so well, too? definitely threw them off and it has probably helped lower how much I've had to pay in fines, but I have yet to get out of a ticket from the suit alone
Been there many times....it depends on the officer as just about anything.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
2006 TL

I was on my way home from the pizzeria a few hours ago and I noticed cars coming out of the gas station to my left. So, I let one guy in front of me. The 2nd car was an NYPD SUV. I just rolled my eyes to myself. So we're stopped @ a light. >>COP-ME-CAR>> Guy in front of me goes, then I go. I set cruise @ 30 b/c this guy saw my body kit and I guess he also prob thought I didnt let him in front of me on purpose (not true - would much rather have a cop in front of me than behind me!) which led me to assume he was looking for a reason to pull me. After about a minute, my radar starts going crazy - then would stop - then would go crazy again. He was turning his radar on and off to try and trick me, as if I'm stupid. I pulled over (as if about to park), let him pass me, and got back behind him. "good radar!" lol
Old 02-19-2007, 04:58 PM
now with four rings

what kind of radar? i plan on buying the escort x50 8500 when i get some extra cash...my cobra radar died after about 4 years of use and have been without one since...

but mine used to do the same thing...some cop would move behind you for some reason, acting like he's gonna pull you over...then starts flashing the radar beam on and off...fucking tool...

the funny thing is when they shoot the VG-2 detector out and yours 'hides' from it...
Old 02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
I was on my way home from the pizzeria a few hours ago and I noticed cars coming out of the gas station to my left. So, I let one guy in front of me. The 2nd car was an NYPD SUV. I just rolled my eyes to myself. So we're stopped @ a light. >>COP-ME-CAR>> Guy in front of me goes, then I go. I set cruise @ 30 b/c this guy saw my body kit and I guess he also prob thought I didnt let him in front of me on purpose (not true - would much rather have a cop in front of me than behind me!) which led me to assume he was looking for a reason to pull me. After about a minute, my radar starts going crazy - then would stop - then would go crazy again. He was turning his radar on and off to try and trick me, as if I'm stupid. I pulled over (as if about to park), let him pass me, and got back behind him. "good radar!" lol
You should have flat smashed the brakes every time he hit the gun....

No...that wouldnt have resulted in what you wanted...but sure would have been funny! See...dude copped an attitude cause you didnt "bow down" to the authority of his ride. Typical. It always ticks me off to see a cop blow by everybody on the right just to get in front of traffic...continues to speed....seeming really to be in no specific hurry at all...just because thats the way they drive all day....AND PULL PEOPLE OVER FOR THE SAME BEHAVIOR. Do as I say...not as I do...cause I am a police officer and I have the right to speed anytime I want to more or less. Shit...in our town....if they get up late....they can speed into make it into roll call....if that makes sence...and if they are late to court...by all means...an excuse to speed. Again....do as I say...not as I do. If I am late to court....do I get to speed....nope. If I am late to work...can I speed in to make it....nope.

Get my point....full of do as I say...not as I do...cause I am special...I am a police officer. I just dont see how they can justify it whatsoever. Bad planning on their part...needs to immediately become an emergency on our part...because they cant make it to court on time. Totally whacked and against the public safety grain they stand on if you ask me.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
2006 TL

^^ I wish I could slam on the brakes every time... scare the shit out of them. lol
what kind of radar? i plan on buying the escort x50 8500 when i get some extra cash...my cobra radar died after about 4 years of use and have been without one since...
I'm suprised a radar lasted you 4 years. Did you dismount it often or did it just last that long naturally? I use the COBRA XRS 9930 w/ color graphic screen and love it. I had an Escort and it died in about 6 months or so. Florida heat just KILLED IT! Top of the line is Beltronics, but then again in radar world, top of the line = most sensitive... which means most false alarms. I told the sales rep I wanted something cutting-edge with minimal false alarms and a nice design. I couldn't be happier with my Cobra XRS. Oh yeah, it detects the new "Ku" band radar, as well. Here are 2 sites just for some info. One is Cobras and the other a retailers.

http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Co...a-xrs-9930.htm

http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=...ct_id=456&id=1

My favorite features of it are the color screen (of which you can choose one color or multi-color) and IntlliMute which does not sound the radar if your engine is below a certain RPM.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
now with four rings

i took my radar down every now and then when i would park somewhere for a while...other than that, it was probably the heat down here in oklahoma last summer that killed it...it was above 100F for 2 straight weeks, so i'm sure that's what did it...

yeah, my cobra radar (r.i.p.) had the SmartMute feature...you set it by reving your car and it won't go off below that rev line...very nice feature...

i chose the escort x50 8500 radar because (from what i've seen) it had the best results for radar/laser signals in one unit...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Racer

You should have flat smashed the brakes every time he hit the gun....

No...that wouldnt have resulted in what you wanted...but sure would have been funny! See...dude copped an attitude cause you didnt "bow down" to the authority of his ride. Typical. It always ticks me off to see a cop blow by everybody on the right just to get in front of traffic...continues to speed....seeming really to be in no specific hurry at all...just because thats the way they drive all day....AND PULL PEOPLE OVER FOR THE SAME BEHAVIOR. Do as I say...not as I do...cause I am a police officer and I have the right to speed anytime I want to more or less. Shit...in our town....if they get up late....they can speed into make it into roll call....if that makes sence...and if they are late to court...by all means...an excuse to speed. Again....do as I say...not as I do. If I am late to court....do I get to speed....nope. If I am late to work...can I speed in to make it....nope.

Get my point....full of do as I say...not as I do...cause I am special...I am a police officer. I just dont see how they can justify it whatsoever. Bad planning on their part...needs to immediately become an emergency on our part...because they cant make it to court on time. Totally whacked and against the public safety grain they stand on if you ask me.
haha... yup... fuckers... I was on my way back from a show with my friend and a cop pulled up behind us without either of us realizing (this was AFTER we'd had a scare with driving by cops that had stopped some kids in our parking lot and brought in the dogs, so the adrenaline rush was still wearing off when this happened) He turned his lights on and we were both like "awww daaaaammnn..." and pulled off to the left, and then the asshole just kept on driving and passed on by... He had his lights on JUST to get traffic to move over so that he could keep on cruisin, so he wasn't really speeding too much, but doing stuff like stopping at lights for like 2 miles before we lost sight of him... all with his lights on ... wtf...