Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need you guys opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:07 AM
06 6spd TL BAGGED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need you guys opinion!

So I bought a set of used rv6 v2 pre-cat deletes from a member on here.
When I got them in the mail, I found that one was cracked and had a huge dent in it and a smaller dent which was from my understanding normal from the manufacture. The other pcd had no dents or cracks but a broken thread in the o2 bung.

Prior to buying them I asked the seller hows the condition of them? any cracks, dents, broken welds? He said "Pcd's are in great shape no dents or problems I can send u more pics"

So these were the pictures he sent me...
Before seeing the damage, you wouldn't be able to tell that the damage are really there if your not looking for it.

Precat 1 on the top and 2 on the bottom. Precat 2 is the one with the huge dent and crack

Precat 1

Precat 1

Precat 2

Now these are the pictures of the damage I took after receiving them.

Precat 1

Precat 2

Precat 1 - broken thread in the o2 bung

Precat 2 - Crack along the welds

Precat 2 - huge dent on the back

Here's a straight on photo of from the front. You can see where the bend/dent is right by the defouler. The pipe starts to curve right where the defouler is. If you look back at the first picture the seller sent me (the bottom pcd), you can see the bend in the pipe if you look real good.

Also what I noticed if looking at the sellers first picture, is that if you look really really good, you can see the crack on precat 2. You can see the dark crack right above the bead of the weld close to the pipe.
here's a close up. The red arrows are pointing to the crack...

Sellers first picture

What do you guy's think? The pictures the seller took are kind of blurry and deceiving since they are blurry and either shows it from far away or only of Precat 1 and not anywhere on Precat 2 where the damages are. If your not looking for the damage, there's no way you can tell that it's damaged from those pictures.
The seller said that I have to contact usps because it's not his problem and that their fault from shipping but didn't even ask me to show him pictures of the damage which makes me believe he already knows what i'm talking about. He also blammed me for telling him to ship it by usps flat rate box and that he gave me an option to pick how I wanted it shipped when that was not the case. I only said "usps flat rate box might be cheaper?" but did not say ship it by that.

here's our convo via private message...

Originally Posted by nokiaboy808
hows the condition of the pcd's? any cracks, broken welds, dents on the flanges?

Originally Posted by acurafan24
Pcd's are in great shape no dents or problems I can send u more pics just give me an email address to send them to

you can send more pics to nokiaboy08@hotmail.com and whats the lowest u can go shipped? im on a budget thata why lol. thanks

ok ill send them whats ur zip in hawaii i need to find out how much it will cost to ship it out there

oh crap mybad my emails wrong. the correct one is nokiaboy808@hotmail.com, so could you send the pics again please. my zip code is 96789. usps flat rate box might be cheaper?

i can do 250 shipped did you get the other pics

ill grab it. whats your paypal?

Here's what the seller wrote in the paypal claim I opened
"detailed pics of the merchandise was sent prior to buying, buyer reviewed pics and purchased item in good condition. buyer was given option to ship and ask that it be ship usps flat rate box if the item was damage in shipping buyer needs to contact usps"

Ok, the pictures were blurry and not detailed like he said... an shipping option was not given to me and I did not tell him to ship it through usps flat rate box. I just asked him a question about the flat rate box price. This guy just sounds so shady and dishonest especially because he wasn't replying to my messages and e-mails till after I opened the claim even though I know he saw my message because he was on acurazine the the last two days before he responded.

What do you guys think? i'm pretty pissed off because I don't have $250 to waste and I can't use broken pcd's... Sounds like he just wanted to get rid of it and once sold, blame it on the shipping company for breaking it.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
sounds like you've been taken advantage of buddy. that's the risk we take when buying things used from random people online. you never know what you're getting until you actually get it.

from the sellers blurry pics, you can't tell if any damage is done. all you can see is that they are, in fact, pre-cat deletes.

that damage done to them was NOT done during shipping. those dents and cracks were there prior to him shipping them out to you. the V2 pcd's had a few issues similar to your defects, and it's one of the reasons why richie made changes to the design with the V3 pcd's. how were these packaged and shipped to you? good protection?

how did you pay for these? through paypal? you may be able to make a claim with paypal and get a refund. it's worth a shot man.

this is the same as if you bought a set of tires off of eBay and they arrived to you punctured and flat. you have some recourse here. those pcd's are pretty fucked up. dents/cracks/threads stripped...

good luck man. let us know how this all pans out for you.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
sounds like you've been taken advantage of buddy.

that damage done to them was NOT done during shipping.
I agree!! It really sucks that you can't trust anyone anymore. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
ouch, sounds like you got burned.... dont buy from people with less than 10 posts...
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Where Did My Garage Go?!!

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Did you use Paypal? If so you are protected submit a claim with them and they will work it out.

Edit: I can't read and see you already opened a claim. I think you have substantial evidence against him, I hope Paypal finds him at fault and refunds your money. Usually the buyer is protected in these types of situations.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Paypal is not going to help IMO. Unless he didn't send you anything, and could not provide a tracking # to prove that he had sent you something, they are out of it. They don't get involved in issues where the quality of the item isn't what you expected. This is total BS because that did NOT happen during shipping. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to buy used. Good luck man, that sucks.

You might just have to cut your losses here. You can get it welded up, that shouldn't be an issue. As long as the dent doesn't cause fitment issues (i.e. the flange still lines up properly).

Last edited by stvtec; 06-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 AM

^^ Maybe its different on eBay then? I had a claim with someone who send my the 07-08 Blinking side mirrors and one had a scratch so I opened up a claim with Paypal...I ended up getting a bunch of the money back since I told them I needed to get them painted (I ended up just living with it) and he claimed "New" in the item description....perhaps its different for personal sales?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Maybe so... I have heard from tons of people who received an item, but something was wrong with it. Paypal didn't want to hear about it. As long as the seller had a tracking #, they could have shipped you a box of rocks for all Paypal cares.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
that just sucks! i hate when people misrepresent what they are selling in order to sell there used "broken" crap to someone.

So is the persons name on here "acurafan24"??

If so lets all flame this piece of crap!!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Balling in the...

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts
OMG This really does suck... People like this make it Harder to Buy things on Acurazine. Its like with my Sevas I bought them on Ebay dude sends me pictures of them in perfect condition. I email him to send me more pictures and as if they rims have curb rash or bent in anyway and he says NO they are pretty much like new. Paid for them they were shipped and i see that one of the rims have Curb Rash and the others of small dents. I mean Im still happy with the wheels but dam dude let a nigga know. You are only making yourself look bad. I emailed back telling him i received the wheels and in a nice way telling him I received one wheel with curb rash but its not a big issue for me. He didn't even write back. What a Prick
Old 06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
acurazine.com has a great rep and people like this disgust me. if it didnt happen to you then i could have happened to anyone. Let RON A sort it out. Did you PM him??
Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by murph145
that just sucks! i hate when people misrepresent what they are selling in order to sell there used "broken" crap to someone.

No. let Ron A. and these two sort it out.
no need for a mob.
stvtec (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 AM

^^ Maybe he (Acurafan24) needs to join The Departed club....
Old 06-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Yeah thats BS. Hopefully it'll get resolved.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:09 PM
06 6spd TL BAGGED

So I bought a set of used rv6 v2 pre-cat deletes from a member on here.
When I got them in the mail, I found that one was cracked and had a huge dent in it and a smaller dent which was from my understanding normal from the manufacture. The other pcd had no dents or cracks but a broken thread in the o2 bung.

Prior to buying them I asked the seller hows the condition of them? any cracks, dents, broken welds? He said "Pcd's are in great shape no dents or problems I can send u more pics"

So these were the pictures he sent me...
Before seeing the damage, you wouldn't be able to tell that the damage are really there if your not looking for it.

Precat 1 on the top and 2 on the bottom. Precat 2 is the one with the huge dent and crack

Precat 1

Precat 1

Precat 2

Now these are the pictures of the damage I took after receiving them.

Precat 1

Precat 2

Precat 1 - broken thread in the o2 bung

Precat 2 - Crack along the welds

Precat 2 - huge dent on the back

Here's a straight on photo of from the front. You can see where the bend/dent is right by the defouler. The pipe starts to curve right where the defouler is. If you look back at the first picture the seller sent me (the bottom pcd), you can see the bend in the pipe if you look real good.

Also what I noticed if looking at the sellers first picture, is that if you look really really good, you can see the crack on precat 2. You can see the dark crack right above the bead of the weld close to the pipe.
here's a close up. The red arrows are pointing to the crack...

Sellers first picture

What do you guy's think? The pictures the seller took are kind of blurry and deceiving since they are blurry and either shows it from far away or only of Precat 1 and not anywhere on Precat 2 where the damages are. If your not looking for the damage, there's no way you can tell that it's damaged from those pictures.
The seller said that I have to contact usps because it's not his problem and that their fault from shipping but didn't even ask me to show him pictures of the damage which makes me believe he already knows what i'm talking about. He also blammed me for telling him to ship it by usps flat rate box and that he gave me an option to pick how I wanted it shipped when that was not the case. I only said "usps flat rate box might be cheaper?" but did not say ship it by that.

here's our convo via private message...

hows the condition of the pcd's? any cracks, broken welds, dents on the flanges?

Pcd's are in great shape no dents or problems I can send u more pics just give me an email address to send them to

you can send more pics to nokiaboy08@hotmail.com and whats the lowest u can go shipped? im on a budget thata why lol. thanks

ok ill send them whats ur zip in hawaii i need to find out how much it will cost to ship it out there

oh crap mybad my emails wrong. the correct one is nokiaboy808@hotmail.com, so could you send the pics again please. my zip code is 96789. usps flat rate box might be cheaper?

i can do 250 shipped did you get the other pics

ill grab it. whats your paypal?

Here's what the seller wrote in the paypal claim I opened
"detailed pics of the merchandise was sent prior to buying, buyer reviewed pics and purchased item in good condition. buyer was given option to ship and ask that it be ship usps flat rate box if the item was damage in shipping buyer needs to contact usps"

Ok, the pictures were blurry and not detailed like he said... an shipping option was not given to me and I did not tell him to ship it through usps flat rate box. I just asked him a question about the flat rate box price. This guy just sounds so shady and dishonest especially because he wasn't replying to my messages and e-mails till after I opened the claim even though I know he saw my message because he was on acurazine the the last two days before he responded.

What do you guys think? i'm pretty pissed off because I don't have $250 to waste and I can't use broken pcd's... Sounds like he just wanted to get rid of it and once sold, blame it on the shipping company for breaking it.
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
sounds like you've been taken advantage of buddy. that's the risk we take when buying things used from random people online. you never know what you're getting until you actually get it.

from the sellers blurry pics, you can't tell if any damage is done. all you can see is that they are, in fact, pre-cat deletes.

that damage done to them was NOT done during shipping. those dents and cracks were there prior to him shipping them out to you. the V2 pcd's had a few issues similar to your defects, and it's one of the reasons why richie made changes to the design with the V3 pcd's. how were these packaged and shipped to you? good protection?

how did you pay for these? through paypal? you may be able to make a claim with paypal and get a refund. it's worth a shot man.

this is the same as if you bought a set of tires off of eBay and they arrived to you punctured and flat. you have some recourse here. those pcd's are pretty fucked up. dents/cracks/threads stripped...

good luck man. let us know how this all pans out for you.
Yeah I find it really hard to believe that shipping could cause such damage to something thats really hard to damage by shipping it. Each pcd was wrapped individually with 1 layer of that foam sheet thing you can see thats layed out on the bottom of the pcds in some of the pictures I took and then placed in the long medium flat rate box.
ya i'll update the thread once I find out what paypal can do. thanks!
Originally Posted by cpm06wdptl
I agree!! It really sucks that you can't trust anyone anymore. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Yep! This is a big eye opener for me. The first bad trading experience on AZ I ever had which is surprising because I bought and sold a lot of stuff for the past 4 years on here and everything was pretty smooth until this. Thanks for your input!
Originally Posted by av2600
ouch, sounds like you got burned.... dont buy from people with less than 10 posts...
Ya I normally don't but I was looking for a pair of pcd's and the price was not bad...
Originally Posted by lucnex
Did you use Paypal? If so you are protected submit a claim with them and they will work it out.

Edit: I can't read and see you already opened a claim. I think you have substantial evidence against him, I hope Paypal finds him at fault and refunds your money. Usually the buyer is protected in these types of situations.
Yes hopefully... but some people say that paypal ain't going to do much. I guess I gotta wait and see.
Originally Posted by stvtec
Paypal is not going to help IMO. Unless he didn't send you anything, and could not provide a tracking # to prove that he had sent you something, they are out of it. They don't get involved in issues where the quality of the item isn't what you expected. This is total BS because that did NOT happen during shipping. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to buy used. Good luck man, that sucks.

You might just have to cut your losses here. You can get it welded up, that shouldn't be an issue. As long as the dent doesn't cause fitment issues (i.e. the flange still lines up properly).
I hope they do something.. lol i'm going to send them a link to this thread so they can review the pictures and what really went on. Yeah last resort for me will have to be welding it back. Thanks for your opinion!
Originally Posted by murph145

Yep the pictures were really deceiving! he took pictures of the areas the damage were not on and where he did take pictures of the damaged areas, it was pictures of the wrong pcd. smh.
Yes thats the guy!
Originally Posted by Mafyoso
OMG This really does suck... People like this make it Harder to Buy things on Acurazine. Its like with my Sevas I bought them on Ebay dude sends me pictures of them in perfect condition. I email him to send me more pictures and as if they rims have curb rash or bent in anyway and he says NO they are pretty much like new. Paid for them they were shipped and i see that one of the rims have Curb Rash and the others of small dents. I mean Im still happy with the wheels but dam dude let a nigga know. You are only making yourself look bad. I emailed back telling him i received the wheels and in a nice way telling him I received one wheel with curb rash but its not a big issue for me. He didn't even write back. What a Prick
Wow thats messed up man... this is the kind of stuff you'll hear on ebay only, it's hard to believe that people try to pull this crap on here now but I guess people are getting desperate.
Originally Posted by rkan121
acurazine.com has a great rep and people like this disgust me. if it didnt happen to you then i could have happened to anyone. Let RON A sort it out. Did you PM him??
No I never PM him. I don't think there's much he can do in my case... Maybe just take down the sellers current thread in the black market to prevent anyone else from getting ripped off. I'll PM him later though to let him be aware of this.
Originally Posted by lucnex
^^ Maybe he (Acurafan24) needs to join The Departed club....
+1
Originally Posted by LasVegasTL
Yeah thats BS. Hopefully it'll get resolved.
thanks i hope it does.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
I am on the job!
The following 5 users liked this post by Ron A:
av2600 (06-27-2011), justnspace (06-24-2011), LasVegasTL (06-25-2011), nokiaboy808 (06-24-2011), stvtec (06-27-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 05:35 PM

yayyy Ron A to the rescue
The following 2 users liked this post by lucnex:
Acura_Dude (06-24-2011), justnspace (06-24-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
That really sucks, I am sorry this happened to you. If you send them back to me I can weld them back for no charge or upgrade you to bullet proof V3s if you pay the price difference.
The following 8 users liked this post by Richie v6:
1ogan (06-27-2011), av2600 (06-27-2011), justnspace (06-27-2011), LasVegasTL (06-27-2011), paz840 (06-27-2011), RaviNJCLs (06-27-2011), SharksBreath (06-27-2011), swoosh (06-27-2011) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-27-2011, 03:23 AM
06 6spd TL BAGGED

Originally Posted by Richie v6
That really sucks, I am sorry this happened to you. If you send them back to me I can weld them back for no charge or upgrade you to bullet proof V3s if you pay the price difference.
Thanks Richie. How much is the difference for the V3's? i'll PM you.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Great customer service Richie.
justnspace (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Class act right there! Way to back-up your product! Even though OP wasnt at fault for the damage. I just recently purchased some HFPC's from RV6, and this right here makes me feel good about my purchase and support of vendors like this.
justnspace (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 07:09 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
good stuff richie. way to stand behind your product.
justnspace (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Originally Posted by jptl04
Class act right there! Way to back-up your product! Even though OP wasnt at fault for the damage. I just recently purchased some HFPC's from RV6, and this right here makes me feel good about my purchase and support of vendors like this.
+1 right down to the recent HFPC purchase.
justnspace (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Awesome!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Real classy move Richie especially since you weren't obligated to get involved .
Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's what i call standing behind your product...way to go richie..i'll buy from anyone who has a reputation like that..also to note, i bought a camber kit from nokia a couple of days ago..shipped fast and delivered just as he described. stand-up guy..
Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
dayum richie....not only great products, you provide some killer customer service too....just WOW....2 brownie points for ya
Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

+1 That is awsome of you sir!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xtmslyy00
+1 That is awsome of you sir!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
folks like Richie are why I like this place
Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Awesome dude.

Originally Posted by FCVadi
folks like Richie are why I like this place
Very true.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Richie sounds like a humble guy. Guys like that go far in this world.