Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help

OK, I'm driving myself crazy. I'm becoming obsessed with this car and am spending far too many hours on this board, looking for reviews/info, cleaning the car, polishing the car (5 coats of Zaino so far), driving the car - it's ridiculous!

And now, I'm having serious regrets about giving in to practicality. I went with the SSM 5AT - easier to care for and easier to drive on my 1.5 hour stop and go commute.

But my romantic and excitement loving self is screaming out in protest. I should've gone with NPB w/the 6MT and HPT (said with a large portion of whine)!!

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to function in every day life anymore. Anyone know of a therapist that specializes in emotional trauma/obsessive compulsive disorders related to cars? How about a 04 TL owner support group?

Oh, and another thing, I want a 300 hp TL so I'm already beginning to think about aftermarket performance enhancements. If I go down that road, it'll be all over. I might as well start getting the disability paperwork together now in anticipation of the nervous breakdown that's coming.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Instructor

This got posted twice. Sorry.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Burning Brakes

My wife thinks I'm nuts, now that I have the TL I can live up to her expectations. :diablotin
Old 01-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Racer

Re: I need help

Originally posted by youngmic
OK, I'm driving myself crazy. I'm becoming obsessed with this car and am spending far too many hours on this board, looking for reviews/info, cleaning the car, polishing the car (5 coats of Zaino so far), driving the car - it's ridiculous!

And now, I'm having serious regrets about giving in to practicality. I went with the SSM 5AT - easier to care for and easier to drive on my 1.5 hour stop and go commute.

But my romantic and excitement loving self is screaming out in protest. I should've gone with NPB w/the 6MT and HPT (said with a large portion of whine)!!

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to function in every day life anymore. Anyone know of a therapist that specializes in emotional trauma/obsessive compulsive disorders related to cars? How about a 04 TL owner support group?

Oh, and another thing, I want a 300 hp TL so I'm already beginning to think about aftermarket performance enhancements. If I go down that road, it'll be all over. I might as well start getting the disability paperwork together now in anticipation of the nervous breakdown that's coming.

Damn,

I thought this site was the support group..

I really need an intervention now....
Old 01-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Re: Re: I need help

Originally posted by 6spdzoomzoom
I thought this site was the support group..
It is...

the Support Group from Hell!!!! :devil:

Mike