Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i love my TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love my TL

man, i bought this car(06 TL navi NBP) yesterday and i can say it was one of the best decisions of my life. i honestly can't find a flaw YET, in my TL. I hope everyone is still enjoying their TL til this day. the only bad part, i hate these maximas pulling up to me and reving their engine.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:04 PM
RIP 06 TL

I love it too, besides the Fin rattles.....ahh
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by b827
I love it too, besides the Fin rattles.....ahh
It not about you..its about him..ok?

Nastyboh...Congrats. Enjoy the car...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by o's n nattyboh
man, i bought this car(06 TL navi NBP) yesterday and i can say it was one of the best decisions of my life. i honestly can't find a flaw YET, in my TL. I hope everyone is still enjoying their TL til this day. the only bad part, i hate these maximas pulling up to me and reving their engine.
Glad you're loving your new car. Black/parchment must be a fantastic looking car. I just got mine on Saturday and I think it's fantastic too. I got the silver/quartz. It's a little monochromatic, but it works for where I live.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the rattles will start soon. the car is great if you don't push it. if you drive it like you stole it, you will see it has stability issues at high speeds and in faster cornering. even with a-spec suspension, 245 toyo t1r's and comptech RSB, this car is still unstable.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:29 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Fin rattles? What fins would those be?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,148 Likes on 775 Posts
Congrats, "o's n nattyboh"...

Originally Posted by ding069
if you drive it like you stole it, you will see it has stability issues at high speeds and in faster cornering. even with a-spec suspension, 245 toyo t1r's and comptech RSB, this car is still unstable.
Your TL should be completely stable up to top speed on straightaways, but will understeer steadily at the limits in corners, unless it is overdriven and swaps ends completely. Sounds like ding069 has 1) tire overinflation 2) wheel alignment incorrect 3) inadequate wheel balancing, 4) bad lot of tires or 5) combination of factors 1-4. I assume ding069's shocks and various bushings are OK.
I hope ding069 is wrong about the rattles; I don't have any on my 2005 yet at 10,000+ miles.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Talking

What rattles is everyone talking about, serisouly if you take all the crap out that you have in the car out, you wont hear shit. I have an 05 NBP on ebony 6mt with 33,000km/h and even through the canadian winter havent heard a single rattle or squeak in the car. Maybe its cause i keep it clean and free of shit to roll around.

Anyways Welcome to the TL club and dont be affraid to dust the odd maxima, I dont know what it is about this car but i get a lot of red light action from BMWs, G35's and some nissans. Even had some douche in a shitty malibu try to go me on the highway, big mistake for him. Enjoy the car, show it off to friends and family they;ll all love it too.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I really enjoy mine also, an AT. Other than appearance items, the only change I made was to add the comptech sway bar which improved the handling in a major way for every few $$$. The only time I have been to the dealer has been to get a replacement battery under warranty and I have 34,000 on the 2004. I do oil, etc myself. Very easy to work on. Found all the rattles. Feel very lucky that I have not had some of the issues discussed on this forum. Have fun.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:08 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Your TL should be completely stable up to top speed on straightaways, but will understeer steadily at the limits in corners, unless it is overdriven and swaps ends completely. Sounds like ding069 has 1) tire overinflation 2) wheel alignment incorrect 3) inadequate wheel balancing, 4) bad lot of tires or 5) combination of factors 1-4. I assume ding069's shocks and various bushings are OK.
I hope ding069 is wrong about the rattles; I don't have any on my 2005 yet at 10,000+ miles.
1. A-Spec tire specs 38 lbs front, 36 rear
2. Wheel alignment 100%, aligned after the suspension drop by Acura
3. Wheel balancing perfect, done by Acura. No wheel/steering shake at all
4. Toyo T1R's are MUCH higher rated than Yokohama ES100's(stock equipment A-Spec)
5. Not a single one of the above which is why i would post something like this in the first place.

Please, do you think i would be ignorant enough to not have all of these things done before i would post something like that?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,148 Likes on 775 Posts
1. A-Spec tire specs 38 lbs front, 36 rear
2. Wheel alignment 100%, aligned after the suspension drop by Acura
3. Wheel balancing perfect, done by Acura. No wheel/steering shake at all
4. Toyo T1R's are MUCH higher rated than Yokohama ES100's(stock equipment A-Spec)
5. Not a single one of the above which is why i would post something like this in the first place.

Please, do you think i would be ignorant enough to not have all of these things done before i would post something like that?
No need for sarcasm, as I assumed that you would have checked, given the A-spec and Comptech RSB installs. However, I have not seen instability complaints with the TL except where there has been something wrong in the tire-suspension area.
RoadForce wheel balancing for high speed?
Maybe go beyond the specs on wheel alignment. It doesn't matter what specs say- increase toe-out and/or camber if there is instability. And yes, this may sacrifice additional wear for high-speed stability-- driver's choice.
The tire type and rating also doesn't matter if you get a bad tire lot, by which I mean the tire internals are defective. There are a couple of threads which you've probably seen regarding that. Defects occur even in high end and race tires, and are often invisible until the big blowout. However, some defects, such as belt separation, can be felt at speed. Check with your tire store.
Also check bushings and bolts on the RSB yourself to confirm that they are tight.
Hope your instability problem resolves.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:48 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally Posted by Will Y.
No need for sarcasm, as I assumed that you would have checked, given the A-spec and Comptech RSB installs. However, I have not seen instability complaints with the TL except where there has been something wrong in the tire-suspension area.
RoadForce wheel balancing for high speed?
Maybe go beyond the specs on wheel alignment. It doesn't matter what specs say- increase toe-out and/or camber if there is instability. And yes, this may sacrifice additional wear for high-speed stability-- driver's choice.
The tire type and rating also doesn't matter if you get a bad tire lot, by which I mean the tire internals are defective. There are a couple of threads which you've probably seen regarding that. Defects occur even in high end and race tires, and are often invisible until the big blowout. However, some defects, such as belt separation, can be felt at speed. Check with your tire store.
Also check bushings and bolts on the RSB yourself to confirm that they are tight.
Hope your instability problem resolves.
excuse my sarcasm. since i have had the TL, even stock before modding at all i have had instability compaints. i am a very aggressive driver and the reason i did all these suspension mods was to decrease this instability. the comptech RSB was like night and day regarding understeer and body roll. the a-spec suspension flattens the car out at high speed cornering more.

either way, i had an X5 that i traded in for the TL and that car with 295/40R20's handled and was more stable than my TL was stock. i really should have bought another bmw, i wish i wasnt so cheap and spent the extra money.

but hey, the TL is def the best all around value for a sedan in its class and has a great resale.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Congrats on the new ride o's n nattyboh!

Don't search for flaws, just enjoy the new ride man. 8 months and 10K miles, I still love driving mine around! Let the modding begin!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:41 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
excuse my sarcasm. since i have had the TL, even stock before modding at all i have had instability compaints. i am a very aggressive driver and the reason i did all these suspension mods was to decrease this instability. the comptech RSB was like night and day regarding understeer and body roll. the a-spec suspension flattens the car out at high speed cornering more.

either way, i had an X5 that i traded in for the TL and that car with 295/40R20's handled and was more stable than my TL was stock. i really should have bought another bmw, i wish i wasnt so cheap and spent the extra money.

but hey, the TL is def the best all around value for a sedan in its class and has a great resale.
yes we know you love to moan about your tl and spam your beemer every chance you get and nothing could possibly compare.

its like almost every thread you post.

somebody: I just got a new TL! or I love my TL!

you: Its shit, it will be shit, should have got a beemer. I wish I still had my beemer.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...9&page=1&pp=25

Troll? This guy posted on the TSX forum as he just bought a TSX same type of post. And here he said he got a TL.

Sorry but I think he got caught.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Racer

Talking

o's n nattyboh,

congrats and enjoy your new ride...

Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Originally Posted by o's n nattyboh
You made a very good decision with your buying power.

...I bet i love my TL more than you love your TL! haha
Old 08-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Advanced

I'm still enjoying my wife's TL-------when I get a chance to drive it
Old 08-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
the rattles will start soon. the car is great if you don't push it.
I just DON"T understand people always complaing about the rattles???Mine is 04 and has 33K and NO RATTLES AT ALL
Is it one in a millions or WHAT???
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

if you drive w/ music on you won't notice the rattles. In the beginning, I too was wondering what everyone was talking about, b/c I never heard them. Then one day, for some reason, I was driving around w/ my radio off, and I heard a few.
I, however, do drive w/ the music on 99% of the time, so to me, there are still no rattles.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Cruisin'

no cars are perfect, if you want a car without any rattles, get a hand-made rolls royce
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Intermediate

i have an 04 6mt and i still love it. you'll love it even more once you start modding it
Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally Posted by leedogg
yes we know you love to moan about your tl and spam your beemer every chance you get and nothing could possibly compare.

its like almost every thread you post.

somebody: I just got a new TL! or I love my TL!

you: Its shit, it will be shit, should have got a beemer. I wish I still had my beemer.
Well, i call a spade a spade. The TL is def an inferior car to the BMW, and i don't think anyone can dissagree except for the TL's increased HP and better electronics. I love my TL, and like i said in the last post "but hey, the TL is def the best all around value for a sedan in its class and has a great resale."

it is the best value, it is a GREAT looking car, great resale and is perfect if you are not an aggressive driver.

the bmw is about $10K more for a car comparing apples to apples and like they say, you get what you pay for. better handling, ride quality and overall driving experience.

lee, i post my opinion and my personal experiences that i have had with previous cars and with my TL. If you chose to say i "spam" my bimmer, go ahead. I am just letting other members know that in my opinion the TL is a great car for the money and for the everyday driver, not for a performance enthusiast. I don't know what you have driven in the past and/or if any of your previous cars made you happier than the TL, but I have.

To sum things up, the money i spent on my TL to convert it to an a-spec and adding the comptech RSB was to compensate for the car's shortcomings. in my opinion, this money would have been better spent on another car. it is my opinion and you don't have to like it or value it. i do what i want, whatever makes me happy and don't care what other people say. Why are you so hostile towards me when i post my well-supported opinion?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 AM
RAR

Well, i call a spade a spade. The TL is def an inferior car to the BMW, and i don't think anyone can dissagree except for the TL's increased HP and better electronics. I love my TL, and like i said in the last post "but hey, the TL is def the best all around value for a sedan in its class and has a great resale."

it is the best value, it is a GREAT looking car, great resale and is perfect if you are not an aggressive driver.

the bmw is about $10K more for a car comparing apples to apples and like they say, you get what you pay for. better handling, ride quality and overall driving experience.

lee, i post my opinion and my personal experiences that i have had with previous cars and with my TL. If you chose to say i "spam" my bimmer, go ahead. I am just letting other members know that in my opinion the TL is a great car for the money and for the everyday driver, not for a performance enthusiast. I don't know what you have driven in the past and/or if any of your previous cars made you happier than the TL, but I have.

To sum things up, the money i spent on my TL to convert it to an a-spec and adding the comptech RSB was to compensate for the car's shortcomings. in my opinion, this money would have been better spent on another car. it is my opinion and you don't have to like it or value it. i do what i want, whatever makes me happy and don't care what other people say. Why are you so hostile towards me when i post my well-supported opinion?
Because you dump it, out of the blue, unsolicited or asked for, on new/excited/happy TL owner's threads, effectively raining on their parade....and this isnt the first time.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:36 AM
acura-cl.com OG

nothing i said was uncalled for except for sarcasm in post 10. nothing was not out of the blue and this could have been educational to this new member, if he is an aggressive driver. most of my posts regarding BMW were directed towards Will Y, and if YOU want my opinion read it and take it in. If not, ignore the post. Don't come at me with a personal attack, everything i said has been car related.

BTW, there are alot of members who share my opinions on BMW's superiority, just look in the TL vs 325i thread.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
RAR

Another example:

You will probably get sick of the car, and its rattles real soon. it seems like you will be using this car as a beater, but nothing beats german engineering. aside from voice activated great naviagtion and slick interior, i'd take my BMW back without hesitation, except its reliability issues that is.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141139

Listen, its fine that you love beemers and all, just knock it off with shitting on people's happy new threads.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Poor guy. He talks about how much he loves his new TL and all this bickering starts and the pessimists come out to start the negativity. Can we keep rattles out of at least one thread?

To o's n nattyboh, congrats on your new car. Glad you could join the club.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Rattles do suck, thankfully they haven't appeared in our '06 yet (7k miles). From what I'm reading on the forum, it seems rattles are a lot less common on the 06 models. So if you just bought an '06, chances are you won't have this issue. As for the stability issues, if you drive the car as it was designed to be driven (as a luxury car with great power and handling) rather than as a race car driver, it will be perfect. I feel very "in control" when driving this car, more than any other car I've ever driven. However I don't push the limits when I drive. I do drive fairly fast, but also safely, and that's the kind of driver this car was designed for. If you really want to race around, this is probably not the car for you. You'll need something with much tighter, racier suspension that, unfortunately, won't be as smooth on the highway.

I'd say the same goes for the torque steer issue often mentioned. It's not a serious issue unless you floor it in a tight turn.

The bottom line is you need to buy the car that's right for you. Those that whine endlessly about torque steer and handling have probably made the wrong choice. But me, I love our TL. It is one slick car!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
You made a very good decision with your buying power.

...I bet i love my TL more than you love your TL! haha
no no...i really really love my TL. oh yea and this thread is about me...not your bitching fellas. I like my TL A LOT, i LIKE IT A LOT!