Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just wanna good deal (MI)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:21 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I just wanna good deal (MI)

Hey everyone, I planing to buy a new TL in a couple days. Has anyone had any experience with dealers in Michigan areas?

Any good dealer shops or dealer?
How much can I get a discount from MSPR
Please tell me your secret~

Thanks a lot for the help ^^

gilbby
Old 03-12-2004, 07:00 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Not much going on as far as discounts. As you know we've only got the 3 dealers in Metro Detroit, the one in Ann Arbor, and another on the west side of the state.

I went to the dealer I bought my CL from (Troy), and started the paperwork. After leaving the deposit check. The deal was pretty good, I think it was about $1K under MSRP. BUT THEN...The Salesperson came back and told me that she made a mistake (according to the business weasel) and that it would require $800 more in my down payment. The next day I called and cancelled the deal.

I called Suburban, and they would not budge AT ALL! They were asking MSRP, if not more.

Lastly a gentlemen here (Acura-TL) made a call to a salesperson at Jeffery that he uses, and told her I was coming in. I got her to set me up with the original agreement I had with Troy. I gave her the numbers for that deal, she called back and said they would do it. So I gave them my business.

This was back in the middle of Oct. and all the deals were based on waiting until late December or January for the car.

But after a few days, she came up with a car for me, the only issue… it was my 2nd color choice.

The bad news! That woman has since left Jeffery Acura. But I've made contact with Eric (another salesperson) and sent a couple of friends over there. I'm not sure how much of a deal they got, but they were pretty happy with it. Although one was an MDX and the other was a TSX. So I'm not sure how Eric will work with a 04 TL.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Instructor

Good luck dealing with the buttheads at East Imports in Grand Rapids. They were running a "special" awhile ago for $1,200 off lot cars. Now that the special is over, they're back up to sticker. The salespeople talk to you like they're doing you a favor just letting you talk to them. Arrogent A-holes!! The BMW dealer in GR is worse. They look at you when you walk in and must estimate what you make by the way you look. I have business casual at work, so I never wear a tie or suit, thus I must not make much money...right? God, I get sick of dealers some times.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 AM
5th Gear

I stopped into the Acura of Troy dealership last week to take a look around. I got the impression that the salesman had better things to do than talk to me. It's like he was going out of his way to show me the TL. I am definetly going to check out Jeffrey before I buy. Rock Dog, how did your friends like Eric? I may have to look him up when I go in there.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:37 AM
1st Gear

I bought my TL AT, Non-Nav, NBP/Parchment at Ann Arbor Acura in late December. They were very easy to work with. I ended up paying $1000 over invoice plus full price for the protection package ~$400 (mudguards, trunk mat, wheel locks). Overall, I was pleased with the experience.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Originally posted by bhaldy
I stopped into the Acura of Troy dealership last week to take a look around. I got the impression that the salesman had better things to do than talk to me. It's like he was going out of his way to show me the TL. I am definetly going to check out Jeffrey before I buy. Rock Dog, how did your friends like Eric? I may have to look him up when I go in there.
Yeah, they seem to have more attitude since the building was redesigned. My original sales person was the only female in sales. She was fine for my 01 CL-S, but like I said changed a bit for the new TL. Their service deptartment seems to have taken a step back in "Customer Relations" since the redesign as well.

Although I didn't get the car from him (Eric at Jeffrey) he's kind of been my sales connection since my sales person left. He's pretty good. A younger guy, personable, not arrogant, and has no problem spending a little time with you.

My 2 friends have said nothing but good things about their experiences with him.

His full name is Eric J. Zettle. Email me, and I'll give you my name to give him if your going in. Don't know if it'll help but we discussed me sending people to him directly, and he let me know he'd "take care of any one you send me".