3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i got a hot DATE with acura corporate!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be polite ! express your concern's and don't act like an"ARSE"!.....or you won't get any co-operation!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, I have an appointment with the Santa Monica Acura dealership this coming Tuesday to fix the rear deck rattling issue on my '07 TL-S. I found the source of the problem...it's the sub-woofer. I applied light pressure (with a finger) on the speaker of the subwoofer and it stopped rattling, so I guess it isn't the center seatbelt?? Anyhow, I just hope they fix it...also, I'm hoping for a nice loaner, hopefully the RDX!

Btw, what's everyone's sound settings? I'm 2 bars before max on both the bass and subwoofer. Oh, and my rattles start around volume 10...that's WAY too low for it to be rattling...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:40 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

I got my car back and the rear deck rattling is nowhere to be found...for now. They applied some adhesive tape somewhere in the rear deck...or so they say. Anyway, the rattlings gone and I'm happy....though for some reason, I feel as if I'm going to hear something else rattle soon...I guess its 'cause everyone here's having rattling issues?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Armydog14
so i've brought in my 06 tl for the rear dear rattle for the second time and the local acura dealership can't fix it. they told me acura corporate is sending a rep. out to see me in a week. anyone else had this isssue? i asking for some advice on dealing with acura corporate as this is my first time dealing with them. thanks in advance for any advice.
I have had an 04, 06 and 07 TL. The 04 was a rattle trap top to bottom. they finally screwed down my back deck. My 06 was actually very quiet. My 07 has 4 annoying rattles, 2 of which I fixed. The fron dash had a creaking noise, i tried the padding behind the odometer, which helped a little, but untimatley i had to put soem rubber between the dash and the windshield in the front left corvner to the right of the VIN. The next creak was from the passanger seat frame. I removed the 2 bolts that hold the front of it to the floor and put a washer underneath the bolt hole closest tot he door.
The third rattle is behind the drivers over head pull handle, dealer looked at it and coudl not find anything, I will be pulling the handle and head liner soon to find it myself, it it liekly the airbag and/or its clips.
the rear deck in my 07 buzzes under inrtense bass. The dealer padded underneath which made it a little better, but i will take a look and see myself. Otherwise I will have them screw down the rear deck again. When they screwed it down the last time the put 2 screws (one each side about 2 inches from the sub) and used screw caps form the NSX and painted them to match the back deck. It looked liek a factory job and the back deck was 99.999 quiet. Acura/Honda does not understand how to make a quiet interior.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Mindworm,

Did you have any "thunking" noises from the tranny when you accelerate or braked? Were your vibrations while you were stopped with your foot on the brake?

I had the exact same problem after they did the 50 mph Driveline Drone TSB since I would get an occasion "thunk" or "thud" that I can sense in the steering wheel at acceleration. They had to reset my engine and tranny mounts twice to get rid of it. Since very few 3Gen TLs have had tranny issues, I wonder if the motor mounts are at fault. It seems they are rather stiff to help with acceleration. But in the process, more vibes get into the cabin as they age. Sometimes when I start the car up in the morning, the turning over of the engine will literally pull the car forward and back a half inch. Someone else here also reported this in a separate post.

dsc888

Originally Posted by Mindworm
I had that vibration, and it got worse in reverse. Took it in at 49,750 or so and got a whole new tranny. Had TONS of moonroof rattles, breaks, etc. They replaced that whole thing too. Having the first year sheet metal was damn cool, but it defintiely wasn't worth the first year headaches. I'll never buy a first year car again....Acura or other.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Don't get too excited. If they're "escalating", they're passing this issue to an Acura regional representative (usually oversee's 4-5 dealerships). Not like you're gonna talk to the CEO over your rattling issue. Just keep a level head and express your concerns calmly and proffessionaly.

I've never ridden in a car that didn't rattle a bit. It's a massed produced item built from thousands of little parts with loose tolerances. Sure, your friends BMW didn't rattle the time he took you around the block, but it does when you drive it every day.

I've got a 2006, it rattles a bit near the passenger door glovebox, and a bit in the rear deck when the exhaust drones (comptech). No big deal, and I'll get to it. If thats the only issue I have with this car, so be it. You'll have many more REAL reliability issues with any other line of vehicle, though you may have the perception of it being rattle free.

Good luck pissing off your dealer dragging your car in for every little rattle that can easily be addressed by you if it bothers you so much. Again, I prefer to save my rattle issue, to allow me to take my car in for real issues... like real broken stuff that shouldn't be.
man kudo's finally a customer that understands what a mass produced car does from time to time.i can not tell you how many times we hear a customer stating that the car rattles and only happens like 2 times a month or so. i guess they forgot what that thing in the center console with the 2 knobs does ??
Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dtapia
man kudo's finally a customer that understands what a mass produced car does from time to time.i can not tell you how many times we hear a customer stating that the car rattles and only happens like 2 times a month or so. i guess they forgot what that thing in the center console with the 2 knobs does ??
If the window sticker and owners manual both stated: In your $35-$40K new Acura sedan, "that thing in the center console with the 2 knobs" is the "rattle reducer",, then I might contemplate that technology (more like mentality)....

Then again, the day I read that will be the day I walk off that manufacturers lot.

Yes, rattles do happen, but for Acura to continue to "build in" known TL rattles in the past 4 years of the 3G's,, completely unacceptable in my book. The rattles many 06 and 07 TL owners are complaining about are the same that I had/have with my 04. During the 8+ years I spent working at a large dealership and the 6 different vehicle/manufactures we sold/serviced, this was unheard off.

This isn't a rant session on Acura, rather a fact. I'm preaching to the choir when mentioning rattles and the TL..