Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i got a hot DATE with acura corporate!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a hot DATE with acura corporate!

so i've brought in my 06 tl for the rear dear rattle for the second time and the local acura dealership can't fix it. they told me acura corporate is sending a rep. out to see me in a week. anyone else had this isssue? i asking for some advice on dealing with acura corporate as this is my first time dealing with them. thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ask the rep to fix the da rattle on all their new models...

and ask about the 1st hand news in regards to the 4th GEN TL
Old 04-10-2007, 07:03 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would seriously take the time to think of all of the problems you may have with the car and have them at least aired at that time. My car is not a rattler, well except for that annoying rattle from the rear deck when I'm playing my tunes up loud. But I think someone on here has given me the fix, I just haven't dealt with it yet. Do a search for rattles and you may see it yourself (the list).

But if the leather is wrinkling early or any of the stuff that people complain about, like Larry the cable guy says, "Get 'er done!" LOL!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Just enjoying the ride!

I had the rear deck rattle fixed about a year ago. It worked for a while but its back. I also have the center glove box rattle, drivers door rattle, an air leak in the drivers side window, passenger seat headrest rattle, and a rattle in the passenger door map pocket. I will be taking in the car in the next few weeks to have these addressed. I know I have little hope of getting them all fixed, but I will give them the chance. It is ashame we spend the money we do to drive rattle traps. Its embarassing! I hate to say it but thank god my car is leased and I wont have to deal with this forever.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Don't get too excited. If they're "escalating", they're passing this issue to an Acura regional representative (usually oversee's 4-5 dealerships). Not like you're gonna talk to the CEO over your rattling issue. Just keep a level head and express your concerns calmly and proffessionaly.

I've never ridden in a car that didn't rattle a bit. It's a massed produced item built from thousands of little parts with loose tolerances. Sure, your friends BMW didn't rattle the time he took you around the block, but it does when you drive it every day.

I've got a 2006, it rattles a bit near the passenger door glovebox, and a bit in the rear deck when the exhaust drones (comptech). No big deal, and I'll get to it. If thats the only issue I have with this car, so be it. You'll have many more REAL reliability issues with any other line of vehicle, though you may have the perception of it being rattle free.

Good luck pissing off your dealer dragging your car in for every little rattle that can easily be addressed by you if it bothers you so much. Again, I prefer to save my rattle issue, to allow me to take my car in for real issues... like real broken stuff that shouldn't be.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:03 AM
V I P

My rear desk rattles from the acura subwoofer on my 07 TL-S. Brought it in today to get it fixed. They told me this was a known issue and they will be Dynamatting the whole thing to fix it.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Don't get too excited. If they're "escalating", they're passing this issue to an Acura regional representative (usually oversee's 4-5 dealerships). Not like you're gonna talk to the CEO over your rattling issue. Just keep a level head and express your concerns calmly and proffessionaly.

I've never ridden in a car that didn't rattle a bit. It's a massed produced item built from thousands of little parts with loose tolerances. Sure, your friends BMW didn't rattle the time he took you around the block, but it does when you drive it every day.

I've got a 2006, it rattles a bit near the passenger door glovebox, and a bit in the rear deck when the exhaust drones (comptech). No big deal, and I'll get to it. If thats the only issue I have with this car, so be it. You'll have many more REAL reliability issues with any other line of vehicle, though you may have the perception of it being rattle free.

Good luck pissing off your dealer dragging your car in for every little rattle that can easily be addressed by you if it bothers you so much. Again, I prefer to save my rattle issue, to allow me to take my car in for real issues... like real broken stuff that shouldn't be.
i consider rattles to be fine but not when its coming from my music. i play my music loud enough that i can ignore all the other small rattles in my car but the rattle from the sub is too annoying to ignore. the stock sound system is already pretty horrendous so i find that if there is no bass in the music, the songs just sound horrible. so it all depends on the person and what they can tolerate. i know i have many more rattles that just the rear deck rattle that i cant seem to get rid of but i just dont care, i just want to get rid of the rear deck sub rattle and that should counteract all the other little rattle problems in the car.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Racer

I wish you luck but my experience with ACS is that they are worthless people.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
wish yo uluck, did you try to DIY fix that rattle yourself? I did and got rid of it after they replaces the entire deck. It was the child saftey latches rattling when the sub hit.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Advanced

My dealer replaced the entire rear deck to get rid of the rattle. I had to take it in a couple times before they believed me, but they eventually fixed it.

-Brian
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by Armydog14
so i've brought in my 06 tl for the rear dear rattle for the second time and the local acura dealership can't fix it. they told me acura corporate is sending a rep. out to see me in a week. anyone else had this isssue? i asking for some advice on dealing with acura corporate as this is my first time dealing with them. thanks in advance for any advice.
I used to be the Service Manager of a multi line GM dealership. When we got to the point of getting the Factory Rep involved it was because we had tried several times to fix a problem and felt the customer deserved a conclusion to the issue as well as hopefully get some insight into a fix that the rep knows about.
But seeing how you have had it in twice I would assume that they have seen others with this issue and want to address via your car. When you do address it with the rep focus on the issue. If you start drifting off on other things they are pressed for time and will find a way to blow you off and move on.
I guess i should feel lucky, I have an 06 TL and have never had a rattle in it even with the stereo cranked. Of course I have had it almost a year and have just gone over 5,000 miles on it, so it's still breaking in.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

how bout addressing the engine vibration many 5AT owners have?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Pro

My 06 TL has rattles and I took it to the dealer last month hoping they would fix it. Those so-called tech idiots said they couldn't hear a thing. Would I complain about non-existent rattles? Morons!!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by whatjones911
how bout addressing the engine vibration many 5AT owners have?
^^ is this during first start up every morning??? I noticed that when I start the car up for the first time in the mornings/ afternoons, the car feels like it's vibrating. Stuff like this does not happen in my sisters 330i nor my dad's siennaXLE...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
07 TL-S

my car will vibrate when I'm just sitting still. I found that as soon as I put it in neutral the vibration disappears..... magic! haha its pretty amazing the difference it makes.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so did you met with the rep or the rep brush you off??
Old 04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Bears Rule!(Well, kinda')

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had that vibration, and it got worse in reverse. Took it in at 49,750 or so and got a whole new tranny. Had TONS of moonroof rattles, breaks, etc. They replaced that whole thing too. Having the first year sheet metal was damn cool, but it defintiely wasn't worth the first year headaches. I'll never buy a first year car again....Acura or other.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mindworm
I had that vibration, and it got worse in reverse. Took it in at 49,750 or so and got a whole new tranny. Had TONS of moonroof rattles, breaks, etc. They replaced that whole thing too. Having the first year sheet metal was damn cool, but it defintiely wasn't worth the first year headaches. I'll never buy a first year car again....Acura or other.
Did the vibrations go away when they replace the tranny?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Bears Rule!(Well, kinda')

Yep. Big change.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
10th Gear

I have a similar problem as well. The rear shelf rattles at time so I took it in to the dealer. They said they couldnt find anything but that my sub was turned up high and tha they corrected it. When i got it back it was in the same spot about the half way spot. I really dont see what is so great abou this stereo system if it causes all these rattles. Let me know how you make out with the rep, I would be interested in mtg with one as well for my issues.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Instructor

my appt is next week. i'll give you guys an update when it happens.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Instructor

lemon law?

if they attempt to fix my car again and does not succeed, does my tl fall under the lemon law since it would be the 3rd time?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Intermediate

dont feel so bad my 330i rattles all over the place
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
if they attempt to fix my car again and does not succeed, does my tl fall under the lemon law since it would be the 3rd time?
If the car is mechanically sound, and it just a minor rattle, good luck with getting them to honor lemon law for that. You're gonna need a good lawyer to win that fight.

The spririt of the lemon law was to protect consumers from unreliable vehicle purchases.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
I never really had a "big" issue with any rattles up until this weekend. I've had the obligatory door pocket rattle from Day 1, which sucks but isn't too loud.

Well this weekend I put in some of my white kid rap, you know, like OG Beastie Boys and some DJ Magic Mike, because I wanted to see how hard the sub could hit. Well that is when I truly found out about this rear deck rattle issue. I can't even listen to any of that stuff because all the low frequency sound rattles the crap out of the back of my car. Kind of a bummer to say the least, as I get a kick (no pun intended) out of that music on occasion. The sub hits pretty well, too, especially for an 8". Its performance definitely surprised me.

Perhaps later on I'll think about tearing it all apart and putting in some Dynamat. Knowing my nearest Acura dealership, they'd think I was crazy and would just brush it off as "one of those things" if I requested to have it fixed on their dime. Plus, I don't want some grease monkey mucking up my interior, which I know will happen. The last thing I want is more/different problems.

I know there are a million "my car rattles" threads and I've steered clear of them until now, but I just had to post something after my most recent findings.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

yeah I've brought my car in 3 times for this damn rear deck rattle issue at Shittown aka Smithtown Acura and they STILL haven't fixed the issue. I've gotten the BS "my bass is too high" etc...next time when I drop the car off, I'm going to tell them that I don't want it back until its fixed.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Zoomie ABP

My 05 rattles more and more each day I drive it. The rear deck rattle is so bad I sometimes shut off my sterio.

If this doesn't get fixed, I don't see myself keeping this car. I love it to the ends of the world, but get so pissed to hear the rattle.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Instructor

bye bye rear deak rattles!

finally got my car back and rear deck rattles are GONE!!!!!!! acura corporate rep. was on the marriott level of service!!!!! i'm very impressed! from the acura tech up to the service director, they all are very professional. they had my car for about 10 days and they gave me a 2007 mdx as a loaner. i'm a happy camper. good job acura!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:08 AM
TL SL ML :)

Nice...I have a date with regional service manager for some minor issues
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
finally got my car back and rear deck rattles are GONE!!!!!!! acura corporate rep. was on the marriott level of service!!!!! i'm very impressed! from the acura tech up to the service director, they all are very professional. they had my car for about 10 days and they gave me a 2007 mdx as a loaner. i'm a happy camper. good job acura!!!!!!
how was the MDX? just curious. glad to c Acura address your situation in a professional manner.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 AM
TL SL ML :)

I know the question was for Army...but I just can help but comment...the 07 MDX is VERY nice and handles great, I drove one and it was amazing, thinking I maybe should get one in addition to the TL-S but Acura service has got me thinking X5 3.0si
Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 AM
V I P

Can you tell me exactly how they fixed it? Mine is going in tomorrow. They ordered a whole new rear deck and they said they would dynamat it. If you know specifics that would help. BTW, do you have bass and subwoofer levels all the way on max?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:49 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

I've been getting rear deck rattles as well...could it be that the bass and sub are close to max? They're both 2 lines before max setting...didn't want to blow it. Anyway, if this rattling is a known issue, can I just take it back to the dealer to get it dynomatted?? It's free of charge, right? I'm going to give them a call later today (Acura Santa Monica).
Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dtech
I've been getting rear deck rattles as well...could it be that the bass and sub are close to max? They're both 2 lines before max setting...didn't want to blow it. Anyway, if this rattling is a known issue, can I just take it back to the dealer to get it dynomatted?? It's free of charge, right? I'm going to give them a call later today (Acura Santa Monica).
it's a known defect with 04-07 tl. the rear deck rattles when certain bass note hits. the dealers have a bulletin in regards to the rear deck rattle. get them to fix it. it's a warranty issue so they should give you a loaner and it will be free of charge. good luck
Old 05-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ggesq
how was the MDX? just curious. glad to c Acura address your situation in a professional manner.
WOW WOW! i was so wowed by the MDX. it drives soooo smooth. i could barely feel the bumps. i drove it through manhattan and we all know how bad the roads are there. it rides super soft! handling is freakin amazing. this is a X5 killer. for 1/2 the price of X5, this is definitely must have if you're in the market for a luxury SUV. acura has done it again!!!! 300hp sh-awd!!!! gas milage is roughly around 18 mpg mixed driving. hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:00 AM
Bella Nova

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Our O6 TL was initially an entrapment of noises, until after numerous TSX loaners, they remedied most annoyances. Our rear deck emitted a rattling type noise and to our astonishment was cured. They simply applied foam and/or felt, we count our blessings this stands the test of time.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Zoomie ABP

I've taken mine in 3 times for the same rattle. They've replaced the rear deck three times, and the last time they dynomatted the rear deck. After the last time, they created a new rattle in addition to the stereo rattle I had before.

What did they do exactly to fix your rattle b/c I'm tired of taking it to the dealership.....?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 PM
V I P

My update:

Ok so Acura didn't dynamatt it like they said they would but they did order a whole new rear deck and put some foam insulator in they said. The rattles I was hearing are now gone, but have developed from another place they told me. The new rattles are coming from the rear center seat belt retractor. The rattle stops if you go into the trunk and pull the liner back and squeeze the retractor. He told me "off the record" if you take the center seat belt out with the retractor you would have no rattles. There's my 2 cents. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
I had to bring my 04 TL in twice but they got it right the second time. I told the service writer that it had been in before for both the headliner issue as well as the rear deck and they weren't done right. I went on to say that they both rattled and creaked and I wanted it fixed. Acura of Boston took 3 days to get it done (I had a 07 TSX as a loaner), but I haven't heard a peep in a month. I fully expected to still have the issue or at least a partial issue when I left, but they got it right!!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Instructor

How did you get this appointment set up, was this your dealers idea?
I have some issues I would like to take to a higher level, my cars been at the dealership almost 4 weeks now...I also have a MDX loaner.

Quick Reply: i got a hot DATE with acura corporate!