3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally got this arrogant BMW guy back

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is such a funny thread. And I love the video!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
i knew he must've owned the lowest model BMW. someone with a "real" bmw wouldn't act like that. he's just in love with the BMW Logo and has no idea what it is to appreciate a car for all its worth. you should take his BMW logos down and see how crazy he'll go looking for it. i would bet he'll be very undiscrete about his logos and go on a rampaging search.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 AM
2013 RL or bust

START A WAR! His old ass BMW 325 sucks hahaha!!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
i knew he must've owned the lowest model BMW. someone with a "real" bmw wouldn't act like that. he's just in love with the BMW Logo and has no idea what it is to appreciate a car for all its worth. you should take his BMW logos down and see how crazy he'll go looking for it. i would bet he'll be very undiscrete about his logos and go on a rampaging search.
this story reminds me of a guy who works with me who owns a 328i. omg he goes insane about the car for whatever the case maybe.

We raced one day...........omg....that car does not even deserve the badge

nice car though.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 AM
Unregistered User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nut854
He asks, “So I just don’t understand, what can that thing do that a Honda Accord can’t?” I stare at him and everyone stares at me. I turn around to my car and say “Windows down please”.
Actually, the Accord does this to.....
At least the 06 3.0 coupe does.

Great story though. Another nice trick is (granting you have a remote starter) holding the keypad in front of your mouth (while pressing start aux button) and saying, "Acura engage".

....me needs remote start.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Scuba_Steve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, so he's paying more money then you a month, for a car that's gonna give him nothing but electrical problems later on! So when he has problems, just pull past him and give hime a big
Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
this was really funny..reminds of me of the time i raced a Neon SRT-4, he smoked me but when i drove past him again i rolled my rear windows down and gave the guy a big ass smile the guy flipped me off, yelled some stupid shit and rode off....his little POS neon had crank windows in the back lol no buttons!! you may smoke me but you cant roll your windows down in the back bitch lol

sorry to hijack the thread
Old 02-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Instructor

sorry for the reality check, but a lot of guys here feel the same way about their TL's as he does about his BMW...whether they admit to it or not

its probably related to the "my kid is better than your kid" syndrome
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Under construction

Originally Posted by elee712
sorry for the reality check, but a lot of guys here feel the same way about their TL's as he does about his BMW...whether they admit to it or not

its probably related to the "my kid is better than your kid" syndrome

yeah it's true but it's always fun to share im sure the BMW guy writes crap about us in his forum
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Instructor

that was a great laugh..
Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by Audioholics
Um my 02 Maxima also did the window thing too, surprised some of the Beamers don't.

I would have told him to check the Bluebook value of his Beamer next to your TL and asked why anyone would do anything but lease a Beamer since they don't hold their value and nobody wants one once the warranty expires.

Seriously if its not a 330i or 335i, I'd laugh at him. He just bought a glorified Go-Kart.
lol! On the nail my friend.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
DuDeChEwY

hahaha
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

HAHAHAHHA I started laughing at work and people are staring at me weird now :p
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Awesome! Way to pwn that little stuck up bitch!

Btw one of my best buddies has a 5-series and has not onced disses my car, only compliments. He knows the TL is an awesome car too
Old 02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leedogg
Poor guy is going to be standing in front of your TL yelling "windows down" at it.
The BMW guy's last words as he lays crying on the pavement in front of your TL:
"WINDOWS DOWN I SAID....."

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is the best story I have heard in a while!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Under construction

lol everyone wants a good laugh

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (6 members and 3 guests) 05TL*6-SPEED* , BEAR-AvHistory , Crysophylos , imj0257 , monacm2 , TL|GTX
Old 02-27-2009, 09:35 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05TL*6-SPEED*
man i love this SUV!! I got a chance to drive it, it's pretty damm quick
I know I LOVED mine too I had to sell it cause the payment was around $1500 and I got to point when I asked myself why the fcuk at age 23 I was working 60 hours a week and living paycheck to paycheck to afford this car.

Originally Posted by CJ0920
Dude your 23 y/o and bought a $72k car!!!??? am I doing wrong...
yeah I was actually only 21 when I bought it...lol. I was working in sales making pretty good money but it was definately stressful knowing I had such a high car payment so I decided to sell it . I definately miss it terribly

Here's a pic

Old 02-28-2009, 10:13 AM
2013 RL or bust

Originally Posted by carlos9827
I know I LOVED mine too I had to sell it cause the payment was around $1500 and I got to point when I asked myself why the fcuk at age 23 I was working 60 hours a week and living paycheck to paycheck to afford this car.
Holy $h!t! 1500, damn... At least you took a step back and thought about what you were doing to afford the car.... Take that same amount of money, or just a fraction of it, and you can retire wicked early my friend!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by carlos9827

yeah I was actually only 21 when I bought it...lol. I was working in sales making pretty good money but it was definately stressful knowing I had such a high car payment so I decided to sell it . I definately miss it terribly

Here's a pic

damm we got some money makes here lol don't worry im sure you'll have the chance to own one of those again
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Racer

ahahha that was a great story!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
RLTW!!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
BMW= Bavarian Mist Wagen. In Germany, these are tractor powered trailers filled with manure, and used on existing fields of crops, they flip the PTO, and the manure starts flying! Sounds like this guy has the manure flying also! Good Job, and Excellent story, thanks for sharing with us.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

lmaooo good one ima try that
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lmfao. watch him trade it in for an acura.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by paliknight
lmfao. watch him trade it in for an acura.
That would be poetic justice. But I bet none of the women still ride to lunch with him anyway!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Google "Lincoln Park Trixies".

It's a "social club" for displaced sorority girls in upper Chicago. They had a hilarious satircal (but real) web-site that was recently taken down. A daily visit would quickly turn you against the fairer sex and demonstates the materialism and pettiness our societal values have devolved to.

Why is all this important?

A BMW 3 series is a key symbol of success for these LPT bitches...

That's right, your BMW fan drives a chick car. Due to the LPT, a 3 series will always be that to me.

If it's not an M, it's not a BMW.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a "social club" for displaced sorority girls in upper Chicago. They had a hilarious satircal (but real) web-site that was recently taken down. A daily visit would quickly turn you against the fairer sex and demonstates the materialism and pettiness our societal values have devolved to.

Why is all this important?

A BMW 3 series is a key symbol of success for these LPT bitches...

That's right, your BMW fan drives a chick car. Due to the LPT, a 3 series will always be that to me.

LOL so true. Though I have to say a 530i and up in the 5 series to me is a nice car all around. It lacks the Go-kart feeling of a 328i
Old 03-02-2009, 12:19 AM
The BMW guy

Wink

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Thats really a horrible mentality... Thats like saying if its not a TL-S then its not a TL. LOL! "M" aka Motorsport or M-Technik is the HIGH performance/race version of BMW. Which would also be like saying if its not a AMG its not a Mercedes. HAHA, too funny.

For some people its not about how fast the car goes, it about comfort, prestige, class, value, blah blah blah. Not saying a TL is not those, just saying its personal preference. With a BMW you have options in your car. Sacrificing engine size for better gas mileage, convertible (hard top and soft), sports package, premium package, performance package, different color leather, different rims, Sound system, etc. You can even have your BMW without a sunroof. Now you ask why the "f" would you do that? Well if you race the car you are not allowed to have a sunroof for safety reasons. Its just another layer of customization, weather the driver is going for race, sport, daily driver, etc. You dont get options like that with a Acura. You just just get a real nice all around car, with a few options. Point being its a BMW regardless.

To the guy who said TL's have a better NAVI than BMW. Very true with e46. The iDrive is WAY better than the TL's though.

I still like both cars. There are things I like about the TL better than my BMW and vice versa.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:46 AM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pish180
Thats really a horrible mentality... Thats like saying if its not a TL-S then its not a TL. LOL! "M" aka Motorsport or M-Technik is the HIGH performance/race version of BMW. Which would also be like saying if its not a AMG its not a Mercedes. HAHA, too funny.

For some people its not about how fast the car goes, it about comfort, prestige, class, value, blah blah blah. Not saying a TL is not those, just saying its personal preference. With a BMW you have options in your car. Sacrificing engine size for better gas mileage, convertible (hard top and soft), sports package, premium package, performance package, different color leather, different rims, Sound system, etc. You can even have your BMW without a sunroof. Now you ask why the "f" would you do that? Well if you race the car you are not allowed to have a sunroof for safety reasons. Its just another layer of customization, weather the driver is going for race, sport, daily driver, etc. You dont get options like that with a Acura. You just just get a real nice all around car, with a few options. Point being its a BMW regardless.

To the guy who said TL's have a better NAVI than BMW. Very true with e46. The iDrive is WAY better than the TL's though.

I still like both cars. There are things I like about the TL better than my BMW and vice versa.
Ummm, NO! I love BMW's so don't get me wrong but IDrive SUCKS. I can say this because I worked at BMW for 3 years and was there mid 2002 until 2006. I worked with IDrive on many different models and it is FAR from user friendly. Over engineering at its greatest...
Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by TL Chemist
The BMW guy's last words as he lays crying on the pavement in front of your TL:
"WINDOWS DOWN I SAID....."

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is the best story I have heard in a while!
x10

too funny..
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol...great story!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Awesome story!! It quickly put a smile on my face
Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This story makes a very truthful point;

I am always analyzing how people behave on the road and what they drive. Funny how most people with fast-ass cars drive pretty conservatively and people with sentras and corollas fly past me going 95+ on the freeway. I get pretty annoyed when people drive like A-holes around me, and 7 time outta 10...it's someone driving a lower class Beammer (like 328 or 528). They tailgate, bob n weave through lanes without signaling, wont give you the right of way or let you into their lane. Trying to get ahead of everyone else like they think they're more important than you. these drivers got inflated egos behind their inflated BMW badge. I RARELY see Acura drivers act like this. The BMW brand is fantastic german engineering...but a lot of people that buy them can't see anything past the BMW emblem. and I'm not saying this cuz I drive an Acura....I'm completely outside my "Acura Bubble" right now.

BTW great and funny story! Post up the DIY for the "Voice Command Windows Down Mod"!

Last edited by mrlunecy; 03-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 AM
9th Gear

Awesome story first off.

I'll put my bmw vs acura opinion out there. I'm on my 5th Honda/Acura product, I've also owned a bmw and a benz, both of those cars were more fun to drive with more usable power, i.e. torque. BUT, the worrying sucked the fun out of it, I was constantly worried they were going to break and be super expensive to fix, and plenty of times they did, several times I was actually left stranded. The Acura is the perfect mix of luxury, fun, economy, and usefulness in my opinion.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

actually the guys at Top Gear think it sucks because it is not user friendly.......
Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlunecy
This story makes a very truthful point;

I am always analyzing how people behave on the road and what they drive. Funny how most people with fast-ass cars drive pretty conservatively and people with sentras and corollas fly past me going 95+ on the freeway. I get pretty annoyed when people drive like A-holes around me, and 7 time outta 10...it's someone driving a lower class Beammer (like 328 or 528). They tailgate, bob n weave through lanes without signaling, wont give you the right of way or let you into their lane. Trying to get ahead of everyone else like they think they're more important than you. these drivers got inflated egos behind their inflated BMW badge. I RARELY see Acura drivers act like this. The BMW brand is fantastic german engineering...but a lot of people that buy them can't see anything past the BMW emblem. and I'm not saying this cuz I drive an Acura....I'm completely outside my "Acura Bubble" right now.

BTW great and funny story! Post up the DIY for the "Voice Command Windows Down Mod"!
I love to trap drivers like that behind me when I am next to a semi :P then you get someone behind them so they cannot get out easily......
Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Sez the guy NOT in an M...
Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,234 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by TLAdvanced
Ummm, NO! I love BMW's so don't get me wrong but IDrive SUCKS. I can say this because I worked at BMW for 3 years and was there mid 2002 until 2006. I worked with IDrive on many different models and it is FAR from user friendly. Over engineering at its greatest...
iDrive did suck. The CIC generation is a huge improvement, and if you still can't figure it out without even at least reading the manual, then there's just no hope for you.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy

Beyond retarded
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by myron
Beyond retarded
Right... Quality and performance of a Volkawagen at twice the price. At least in an M you get the "ultimate driving machine, Nurburing tested"... it's true sports car.

and as the other guy noted, I wouldn't pay the scratch for a MB unless it had the AMG logo on it too.

If you're gonna pay the paper for the German moniker and status, pay the extra to get the "real engineering".

As for the TL-S... Good buy, no doubt. I'd be in one had I not bought in 2006. Glad I didn't though, superchargers don't work to well on the TL-S, and I've hotrodded my TL much more than any stock TL-S.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Cruisin'

Oh man you had me LMAO ! Great Story ... I have to pass this along.. your co workers jaw must have dropped...

Quick Reply: I finally got this arrogant BMW guy back