Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am no longer a moderator on the forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no longer a moderator on the forum

That is right my fellow TL owners and forum members, I am no longer a moderator here in 3rd Gen, or for that matter on the site as a whole. I intended to keep this a private matter as I have had a disagreement with Soopa on one aspect of this site. We have discussed this matter in the Administrators/Moderators forum over the course of several weeks. During that time, he has shown a extraordinary lack of maturity by taking a "my way or the highway" attitude, while my comments to him were neither personal, nor unreasonable. He therefore decided moments ago to remove me as a moderator despite the fact that all other aspects of my responsibilities have been done since my time here began, and boiled it all down to the fact he could not get me to knuckle under to his will on a relatively minor issue regarding the "Bukkake smilie" here on the TL forum. I informed him that it had no business on a car enthusiast site, and would be offense to some members, especially women, children or the religious. When asked for a logical reason for having such a thing, I was basically told that 3rd Gen was full of "tight a**es" like the TSX forum, and needed to lighten up. He either wouldn't or couldn't understand how a sexually explicit smilie could be offense, and stubbornly held to his own misguided judgment(or lack there of).

His immaturity has led him to remove me as a moderator since he cannot engage is civil mature discourse, and he didn't even allow me to have a final response in the moderators forum before removing my privileges to post there. He will no doubt swoop in here to remove this thread and further restrict my privileges on the site, but I felt it important enough to inform you of what has happened. This site will go on with or without me, but with attitudes like his, will be a little more crass and offensive to people who are mature, or from a different region of the country than he was raised in. My previous posts are a public record for all to see, and you will only find measured mature responses that reflect a positive image of the site. I could go into further detail, and will provided anyone who is interested with the complete picture, assuming he has courage to allow a mature discussion without deciding to suppress opposing points of view from his own. However, based on my limited knowledge of him, I doubt very seriously he is capable of such vision.

So since this is potentially my last post I will say that I've enjoyed being a member here and have gained much useful information from many of you. I hope that I have also been a help and assist to some of you, as I did try to the best of my ability.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Hal
Pedestrian Polo CHAMPION!

As the administrator of a forum with over 30,000 members and thus manager of a staff of 25 moderators, I can tell you that what you may perceive to be a personal action against you may just have been a move to preserve the flow of the board. When I make such moves, they are never personal, but people TAKE them personally.

Your post willl probably get deleted and this will never be heard, but try to think about other points of view.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

Dude.....

I think your Avator is offensive! Geeeeez

It's all relative.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:25 PM
You touch my tra la la...

While I am not going to take any sides, I don't think saying its all relative is a fair statement here... I mean you have a random picture v men ejaculating on eachother. It may be relative, but one is clearly much more vulgar and overall more offensive.

Just to let you know though; I wasn't offended by it but at the same time I would never put a smilie like that on my forum. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with everything, Z!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Intermediate

Old 06-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Banned

OK, I hear ya.

I agree that was a little over the top.

I wouldn’t put that I my forum either nor would I use it in a post. BUT....to each is own.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by GaleForce
While I am not going to take any sides, I don't think saying its all relative is a fair statement here... I mean you have a random picture v men ejaculating on eachother. It may be relative, but one is clearly much more vulgar and overall more offensive.

Just to let you know though; I wasn't offended by it but at the same time I would never put a smilie like that on my forum. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with everything, Z!
I am gonna agree with GaleForce. We are here to discuss vehicles period. Looking at some of the new smilies some of them are clearly over the top in my opinion and would not be something I would include on a forum. Z, I do want to wish you much success in the future. Remember when one door closes a window will open in its place. We all need to hold fast to our integrity and values, that is why this world is such sad shape today. Thanks for all of your hard work in the past!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
You have every right to vent... not here, but in Off Topic...

Don't make me do this, please.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:58 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hal
As the administrator of a forum with over 30,000 members and thus manager of a staff of 25 moderators, I can tell you that what you may perceive to be a personal action against you may just have been a move to preserve the flow of the board. When I make such moves, they are never personal, but people TAKE them personally.

Your post willl probably get deleted and this will never be heard, but try to think about other points of view.
Precisely.

This thread is completely unprofessional, immature, and inaccurate.

We made every attempt to be amicable...

This thread is precisely the reason why you never should of been a moderator.

Grow up, get over it, and move on.

Thanks everyone for your support! While Z would like to make this about something its not, in reality it is an issue far more lengthy, a thorough history of Z working against the team rather than working with us. Where or how it culminated into ultimately a dissolution of Z's moderator status is hardly the issue.

Good luck with yourself Z. Don't take things so personally.

As for the smilies. The only smiley in question was removed 24 hours ago... so its a non-issue. Funniest part, is that every addition to our smiley library has been voted in by our members... unfortunately some would rather push their own agendas then respect the will of the majority.