AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   How would a TL-s do against a scion tc? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/how-would-tl-s-do-against-scion-tc-605095/)

Soseductivesf 10-06-2006 02:04 AM

How would a TL-s do against a scion tc?

I've never raced a scion tc with my TL-s but on the weekdays I commute with a stock 96 Accord 2.2 and they always want to race! They seem pretty quick against the accord (ANYTHING DOES!) I heard they're about 200hp w/ a supercharger! What do you think? I have an 03 w h/i/e.

reloaded 10-06-2006 03:08 AM

even with the supercharger, their pretty slow..i heard like still in the mid-high 14's. Stock form, not even a race.you'll rape them. The car is real nice, but the people who drive it are the ones who bring down scion's image. Most of them are boy racer wannabes who'll race anything/anybody.

stock form
http://www.modernracer.com/sciontc.html

SCed w/ trd muffler
http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-tC-Timeslip-10091.html

can't really judge because we dont kno how well of a driver he is...

WiLLs TypE S 10-06-2006 07:52 AM

I say...SMOKE HIM lol.

TLdriver022 10-06-2006 08:10 AM

My friend has one and it is probably one of the slowest cars I've ever ridden in. I hate those cars and I hate all Scions.

BustedJack 10-06-2006 09:28 AM

^ that doesn't answer his question at all.

Soseductivesf, you'll smoke a stock scion and with the s/c, you'll still win

ndx2 10-06-2006 09:34 AM

If you do race him, start in 2nd just to rub it in.

sbuswell 10-06-2006 04:04 PM

are you serious? TC's don't come stock with a SC, that is an add-on. The base TC has 160 HP and runs 0-60 in 7.7. so you would rape him badly. go have some fun.

Soseductivesf 10-06-2006 04:46 PM

I want to run into one with my TL but they always want to pick on my accord. On another note I raced a Chrysler crossfire this morning but didn't get to push it because of the traffic. We seemed to be even going up to 80mph but that's all I could manage(morning commute traffic). It's pretty fast!

UglyPsycho 10-06-2006 06:33 PM

We had a supercharged TRD tc traded in at work and I got to work on it. I "THOUGHT" it was going to move but I was very disappointed. It felt like a DX civic.

lostkhan 10-06-2006 08:54 PM

OK, i had an automatic Scion tC 05 and i totalled it. That car is Fast from the DIG. It can take you from the start maybe for 5 seconds but than you will Take him and Keep Pulling away.
If its a Manual tC ... and the driver is "THE DRIVER" He can take you for Good 4 gears and than you can take him cause i raced with a MT tC and thats wat happened. Mine is also S TYPE

FL3.2TL 10-07-2006 12:38 PM

Can someone tell me if my car did pretty good:

From a 20MPH, Roll. As soon as I hit 3rd gear ( the brick wall ), I was like Oh lord!

Cars: 1999 3.2 TL, 18" Rims, 2 12"s and a passenger. ( No Performance whatsoever )
Scion TC: Rims, Springs, Exhaust, Headers ( prolly ), Intake

Lost to the TC by 1/2 car length!, I was sorta mad, but I had all this extra weight on me. What ya think?

TLsu 10-07-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL

From a 20MPH, Roll. As soon as I hit 3rd gear ( the brick wall ), I was like Oh lord!

Cars: 1999 3.2 TL, 18" Rims, 2 12"s and a passenger. ( No Performance whatsoever )

Lost to the TC by 1/2 car length!, I was sorta mad, but I had all this extra weight on me. What ya think?

Disgrace...

sbuswell 10-07-2006 02:19 PM

not surprised you lost, that is a lot of extra weight and the SC sound well modified. gets some mods and drop some weight and you will destroy modded tc's.

joe80055 10-07-2006 03:07 PM

Third gear's the brick wall for you?... I always thought it was 4th... once I hit 3rd, i usually leave the person behind me.. :dunno:

FL3.2TL 10-07-2006 04:20 PM

Well let me rephase, mini brick wall. I leave people in my 2nd going into 3rd, and mid 3rd. 4th is my brick wall then. But thing is that, I never raced the car that led me to shift through 3rd into 4th. It depends on the race too, as in should I keep fighting/winning/or know when to loose.

Soseductivesf 10-07-2006 05:53 PM

I can't wait to find one tonight! I just seafoamed my car so its runnin like a champ!

DaInFaMMuS1 10-08-2006 10:30 PM

ive never lost to a scion TC, and i own a 99 2.3 CL 5spd. a type S should destroy it.

BustedJack 10-09-2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by lostkhan
OK, i had an automatic Scion tC 05 and i totalled it. That car is Fast from the DIG. It can take you from the start maybe for 5 seconds but than you will Take him and Keep Pulling away.
If its a Manual tC ... and the driver is "THE DRIVER" He can take you for Good 4 gears and than you can take him cause i raced with a MT tC and thats wat happened. Mine is also S TYPE

lol, no way can a Scion take a TL from a start for 5 seconds :whyme:

Soseductivesf 10-09-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006

What about w a s/c?

CL Platano 10-09-2006 01:33 PM

Why are you even putting these 2 cars in the same sentence, if you lose to a Scion go trade your car in for a civic.

datzdaboi 10-09-2006 03:09 PM

the only way i think a TC could pull on a TL for 5 seconds is if the TL is standing still. Lol

2Rude 10-09-2006 04:08 PM

I can't even believe you guys are comparing scion to a TL in the first place. Makes me feel like i'm driving a cheap ass car...

FL3.2TL 10-09-2006 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Why are you even putting these 2 cars in the same sentence, if you lose to a Scion go trade your car in for a civic.

Plat u aint talkin about me right? :wish:

onebadtls 10-09-2006 05:28 PM

you lost to a tc?
someone in a tc trys to race me pretty much everyday..i dont even waste my gas smoking them anymore..

CL Platano 10-09-2006 06:10 PM

Plat u aint talkin about me right? :wish:

Nah the original poster

sbuswell 10-09-2006 08:34 PM

tc= totally corny wannabe racer. for what it is it really is a nice little car for the money.

Soseductivesf 10-09-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by CL Platano

I've never raced a scion in my tl-s!

ryebreadisme 10-10-2006 09:45 AM

most of the Scions around here that pick on my I can handle, but there is one guy who modded the hell out of his. He has a hug front mount intercooler. I've seen his engine bay. The turbo is ginormous. I don't mess with him. But the rest of them are easy prey.

Cozmo 10-13-2006 06:09 PM

How about an xB, anyone taken on one of those? hehe http://snat.ch/medias/0/16/thumbsup.gif

lostkhan 10-13-2006 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006

i have raced my self and i was using triptonice. The guy was off as soon as the right turn green. atleast 5 second he was infront of me and den my car kept pulling

PenguinQX 10-14-2006 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by lostkhan
i have raced my self and i was using triptonice. The guy was off as soon as the right turn green. atleast 5 second he was infront of me and den my car kept pulling

You raced yourself using triptonice? :rofl:

reloaded 10-14-2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cozmo
How about an xB, anyone taken on one of those? hehe http://snat.ch/medias/0/16/thumbsup.gif

Sadly, I have..and this guy was so gay. I was racing some tC..and the tC stoppped side by side with an xB that had "BEYONE REDLINE PERFORMANCE :rolleyes: " on his back window with AEM and all that other crap on his other windows. So I guess they tried to tag team me. He tries, I literally walk him over and over again. After about 3-4 times of constantly trying to get ahead of me (with flooring it before me), he stops LOL. Then the tC doesn't even do anythign afterwards..which I had intentions of playing with in teh beginning. By far one of the funniest nights of my life.

Soseductivesf 10-20-2006 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by reloaded
Sadly, I have..and this guy was so gay. I was racing some tC..and the tC stoppped side by side with an xB that had "BEYONE REDLINE PERFORMANCE :rolleyes: " on his back window with AEM and all that other crap on his other windows. So I guess they tried to tag team me. He tries, I literally walk him over and over again. After about 3-4 times of constantly trying to get ahead of me (with flooring it before me), he stops LOL. Then the tC doesn't even do anythign afterwards..which I had intentions of playing with in teh beginning. By far one of the funniest nights of my life.

Where'd you race him?(what highway)

reloaded 10-20-2006 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
Where'd you race him?(what highway)

I believe it was 680 south. Everytime I come back from Davis (back to fremont), I always have an encounter ahha.

Why you know him? ahha because that'll be funny.

Soseductivesf 10-23-2006 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by reloaded
I believe it was 680 south. Everytime I come back from Davis (back to fremont), I always have an encounter ahha.

Why you know him? ahha because that'll be funny.

Damn what a commute! I go from Sac to San Fran everyday! I try not to race on 80 because its risky!

Taylor is Legend 10-25-2006 11:34 AM

awww cmon dude. i wont hate on you, u just made some mistakes im sure. i raced one and beat him 2 cars. so u can do it!

Soseductivesf 12-12-2007 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by ryebreadisme
most of the Scions around here that pick on my I can handle, but there is one guy who modded the hell out of his. He has a hug front mount intercooler. I've seen his engine bay. The turbo is ginormous. I don't mess with him. But the rest of them are easy prey.

There's this guy who has a s/c'ed one near my work and always tries to rev his engine when I'm parking my car at work... I'm wondering if I can take him b/c he has a lot of mods...

ILLustriousUA6 12-12-2007 12:30 PM

lol.. i jjust checked out the s/c times of the Tc's.... i beat that time with just a CAI, lol.

With your mods, i'm sure u can take that tC.. show him wussup.

Soccer_playa1579 12-12-2007 11:02 PM

I drove my good friends scion tc one day, and i felt like shooting my self. She decided to fuck up the car tho but anyways. The car is just boring as hell, and there is no feeling to the car in my opinion. The accelerator i can not get use 2 for the life of me and the brakes i dont like either. Also there are a few rattles. not my kinda car. I <3 my TL =)

spiike 12-13-2007 12:48 AM

Well, I have a 3G and I smoked like 10 of them in the past 3 months, except for one. There is a silver Scion tC (I've talked to the owner) with a turbo and he's pretty darn quick. Although he keeps up with me through 2nd gear, I pull away in 3rd.

They're like the new generation of ricer civic si's imho.