Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much should I ask for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much should I ask for?

Hey guys just a quick question for you experts....I am considering selling my 05 TL 6spd Navi. Bought it knew in January and have 7500 miles on it. I paid $1400 to upgrade to the chrome version of the stock wheels from the dealer. Its NBP with Ebony int and all is mint. What would be reasonable to ask for from a private party? I have looked it up in Kelly but want more of a realistic opionion especially if somebody has sold one recently. BTW, I love the car just need to plan for a knew home and this will help. Thanks for the help
Old 09-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jjohns72
Hey guys just a quick question for you experts....I am considering selling my 05 TL 6spd Navi. Bought it knew in January and have 7500 miles on it. I paid $1400 to upgrade to the chrome version of the stock wheels from the dealer. Its NBP with Ebony int and all is mint. What would be reasonable to ask for from a private party? I have looked it up in Kelly but want more of a realistic opionion especially if somebody has sold one recently. BTW, I love the car just need to plan for a knew home and this will help. Thanks for the help

To help you gauge a price, I took my AM/Ebony 6Sp Navi into CarMax back in April at the time had 4K miles on it. I had it since November 2004. They offered 28000, and they were selling 04 Navi's for 31.5 - 32K. So I would say add $1500 - $2000 to your TRADE IN value on KBB. I did not factor in your chrome upgrades because very few people will take that in consideration either. I know, it sucks.

You are right its not realistic to get KBB even with a private party sell. I think you should expect around $29,000, $30,000 at the most. A lot of people are getting brand new TL Navi's for $32K, not sure if that includes TTL, but if it doesn't that that will definetely affect what you can get for your TL. Price it somewhere around $30,500 and see if the buyers try to talk you down a little.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Expect 5k off what the car was new. If that was 33 then the car is 28. As for the upgrades, well that is not going to be worth much to the buyer unless they are like you and see a lot of value in that. The 06s are out now and the 04s are worth much less. Also the dealers are always telling you those carfax reports, edmunds, etc. are way over valued for trade in etc.