Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people's hold back their TL purchase due to vibration issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many people's hold back their TL purchase due to vibration issue

Did any people took Jan 04 delivery still have the same vibration issue?
Does dealership replace the Tire with Michellin or Just cross their finger when they sell the car?
I am planing to get a TL or TSX in Jan/Feb. I wonder if I should wait for 05 model or switch to G35 ( #1 in Customer service for 2 years posted in this forum.)? I think Customer Service can real tell if your a truely lux player or just a re-badged car....
Old 01-17-2004, 12:22 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I don't have this vibration problem but I do have a huge rattle problem throughout the car. It's bugging the HECK out of me... taking it in Tuesday.

edit: I got mine on 1/4/04; it was manufacturered 12/23.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lore, thanks for showing the deflector's pic.

BTW, out of curiosity, do you have Seat Memory Lost issue?
Old 01-17-2004, 12:34 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

rets:

I do not, as far as I know. I am the only driver in my car so I don't move the seat all that much, and when I do, it always moves back when I want it to.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Intermediate

I have been planning on getting a 5AT/non-nav the end of January, but I am only going to do it if the dealer will replace the tires at their cost. I don't want to even screw around with these bridgestones. They sound like prettty crappy tires regardless of the vibration issues. As long as they replace them and the car checks out for other issues mentioned on the board, then I'm in. I'm expecting that I may have the memory loss issue down the road, but I'm willing to take that chance in that it will be an easier fix by Acura (eventually).

I think people purchasing now need to say they love the car but will not buy it with the current tires. This will get ACURA on the ball. Once you've already purchased it you don't have as much power/influence over them.

dlev
Old 01-19-2004, 01:29 PM
5th Gear

Re: How many people's hold back their TL purchase due to vibration issue

Originally posted by helloha
Did any people took Jan 04 delivery still have the same vibration issue?
Does dealership replace the Tire with Michellin or Just cross their finger when they sell the car?
I am planing to get a TL or TSX in Jan/Feb. I wonder if I should wait for 05 model or switch to G35 ( #1 in Customer service for 2 years posted in this forum.)? I think Customer Service can real tell if your a truely lux player or just a re-badged car....
helloha,

I just picked up my car this past friday and I have the tire noise/vibration issue.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Advanced

Why would anyone spend $35,000 just to have a headache as soon as you drive the car home?? Seems like Acura is dragging its feet . . .

At first I thought there was just a small problem here, but too many complaints tell me otherwise.

Guess I will have to wait untill 2005!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Cruisin'

[QUOTE][QUOTE]Dlev I have been planning on getting a 5AT/non-nav the end of January, but I am only going to do it if the dealer will replace the tires at their cost. I don't want to even screw around with these bridgestones. They sound like prettty crappy tires regardless of the vibration issues. As long as they replace them and the car checks out for other issues mentioned on the board, then I'm in. I'm expecting that I may have the memory loss issue down the road, but I'm willing to take that chance in that it will be an easier fix by Acura (eventually).

I think people purchasing now need to say they love the car but will not buy it with the current tires. This will get ACURA on the ball. Once you've already purchased it you don't have as much power/influence over them.

Agree completely. I was planning to buy a new TL back in November, but have been holding off hoping that Acura will fix these problems. Wanted to avoid what just happened to 557866. Feel badly for him. mitchdeerfield has the right idea. Maybe they'll get rid of the 1st year/new model bugs??
Old 01-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by mitchdeerfield
Why would anyone spend $35,000 just to have a headache as soon as you drive the car home?? Seems like Acura is dragging its feet . . .

At first I thought there was just a small problem here, but too many complaints tell me otherwise.
Agreed. For me its not just the vibration problem, but the tires are rated poorly for traction in rain and snow. This is a safety issue. Who cares about the safety features of the vehicle when they are cancelled out by the poor traction of the tires in bad weather? I have a responsibility to first protect the safety of myself and my family and this car...with these tires... falls short.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Cruisin'

Sorry about screwing up the 'quote' thing above. How are you supposed to do it, anyway?

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yaaaaaaawn!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Racer

Not such a yaaaaaawn.

I'm waiting also.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally posted by vtechbrain
Yaaaaaaawn!!!!!!
Vtechbrain, you obviously love your EL-42's and have no troubles with them, and that's ... OK. I guess someone has to like them. Why don't you let us know where we can all ship our EL-42's to you when we have them replaced?

You'll end up with a lifetime supply of these wonderful treads!

Mike
Old 01-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Burning Brakes

To those of you waiting to buy a TL, I got mine in November and even though I'm having vibration problems, I'm still loving this car. I'm confident in Acura to resolve the problem and I know the fix will be arranged by my dealer as soon as their is a service bulletin on the subject. I've owned/leased seven Acuras because the company has never let me down. Besides, even with the vibration my new car is still total blast to drive.

If you are making payments on another car while you wait for Acura to fix this problem I suppose your decision was to keep paying for a car you are really ready to get out of. I thought about waiting because this is the first model year, but once I test drove this car it was all over for me.

Now, if there's another car out there for comparable money that can match the TL, go get it I suppose. But I don't think such a car exists.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or, add $1000 to your negotiated cost of a new TL, then compare that to other makes and models, and see if the TL is still a good value at $1000 more. Plus, for that you get your choice of basically any high-performance tire on the market, not what the maker thinks you should have.