Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda will sell ACURA brand in Japan!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda will sell ACURA brand in Japan!!!

Looks like Honda wants to stay competitive with Toyota in Japan!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...FM&refer=japan

Sorry if this is repost.

05 Acura TL Black/Black/non-navi
stock chrome rims
oem lip spoiler
Old 12-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the Ohio built next gen TL will be sold in Japan as well? I wonder if the Japanese would accept it?

I think that if it was sold in Japan the American built TL would get much more recognition and respect around the world.

PEACE.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'08, sounds like the same time for the next generation TL and TSX, which will be the '4 door sports coupe'.... makes sense to have a new line/generation of models if they were to introduce the Acura brand in Japan
Old 12-14-2005, 05:59 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
No way the Ohio built TL's will go to Japan! They will assemble them in Japan I am sure! Why not...they would be better off wouldnt they? Cheaper cost of labor....dont have to export parts to US - just to have em sent back assembled by what they would totally consider (and I am not sure I am not right along with them here) a subpar automotive labor force in the US? They dont have probs with cars built in Japan the way we do here - I mean everybody has probs, dont get me wrong...but the quality of the labor is truely superior to US labor.

Think about it....are you upset if you work for the UAW and your company does not do well? Nope....not in about 99.9% of the cases....but not the case in Japan.....company does bad...they feel shamed - we dont have dedicated labor like that here that cares that much...it is truely rare here in the US...where I think it is more commonplace in Japan. (and I am about as American as you can get...not bashing here....just stating what I think are the facts, or at least my opinions anyway?)
Old 12-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey MikeBenz,

Your post is totally true, and it's funny because you sound like you are defending yourself and doing your best to not offend your American brethren. The fact is, today's North American workers rarely give a damn about their employers. They are working for the man and working for the paycheck. Japanese workers still have a sense of pride, commitment and loyalty to their employer. This obviously translates to better-quality products coming out of that country. Luckily for us, I'm sure the Japanese oversee the work done at the Ohio plant so our cars are still of the highest quality.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
No way the Ohio built TL's will go to Japan! They will assemble them in Japan I am sure! Why not...they would be better off wouldnt they? Cheaper cost of labor....dont have to export parts to US - just to have em sent back assembled by what they would totally consider (and I am not sure I am not right along with them here) a subpar automotive labor force in the US? They dont have probs with cars built in Japan the way we do here - I mean everybody has probs, dont get me wrong...but the quality of the labor is truely superior to US labor.

Think about it....are you upset if you work for the UAW and your company does not do well? Nope....not in about 99.9% of the cases....but not the case in Japan.....company does bad...they feel shamed - we dont have dedicated labor like that here that cares that much...it is truely rare here in the US...where I think it is more commonplace in Japan. (and I am about as American as you can get...not bashing here....just stating what I think are the facts, or at least my opinions anyway?)
Good post.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like japan wants to spoil themselves too!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:51 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by zax123
Hey MikeBenz,

Your post is totally true, and it's funny because you sound like you are defending yourself and doing your best to not offend your American brethren. The fact is, today's North American workers rarely give a damn about their employers. They are working for the man and working for the paycheck. Japanese workers still have a sense of pride, commitment and loyalty to their employer. This obviously translates to better-quality products coming out of that country. Luckily for us, I'm sure the Japanese oversee the work done at the Ohio plant so our cars are still of the highest quality.
So true! I am trying anyway! I was "All American" before I got this TL....Caddy DeVille, 95 Chevy Impala SS, Trans Ams, ect....wouldnt think about driving foreign....but then I got a Lexus GS400 for my financee a few years back.....had to drive it for a while - and right then and there decided that I would NEVER buy American again (after hearing her complain about that peice of crap caddy every day SHE had to drive it!).....quality is night and day between Cadillac and Lexus.....then I fell in love with the Acuras because I pass an Acura lot every night when I was out looking at Lexus cars...and the value to the dollar wasnt even comparable in my opinion. Had to have it! Glad I did it too! Not likely to go back to American brands any time soon....UAW workers screwed me too badly on the American cars in the past. Maybe some day they will think about this when they are collecting money at the gas station, when they should have been worried about the bad quality they were producing a year or so before they got laid off or lost their job completely! Its a shame whats happened to US quality. We just dont MFG good over here!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
The Honda Inspire (2nd Gen TL and now current US Accord), old and current are built in the US and shipped to Japan...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
So true! I am trying anyway! I was "All American" before I got this TL....Caddy DeVille, 95 Chevy Impala SS, Trans Ams, ect....wouldnt think about driving foreign....but then I got a Lexus GS400 for my financee a few years back.....had to drive it for a while - and right then and there decided that I would NEVER buy American again (after hearing her complain about that peice of crap caddy every day SHE had to drive it!).....quality is night and day between Cadillac and Lexus.....then I fell in love with the Acuras because I pass an Acura lot every night when I was out looking at Lexus cars...and the value to the dollar wasnt even comparable in my opinion. Had to have it! Glad I did it too! Not likely to go back to American brands any time soon....UAW workers screwed me too badly on the American cars in the past. Maybe some day they will think about this when they are collecting money at the gas station, when they should have been worried about the bad quality they were producing a year or so before they got laid off or lost their job completely! Its a shame whats happened to US quality. We just dont MFG good over here!
An interesting story comes to mind:

There's an auto-parts company Japan where the workers went on strike about a decade ago. They didn't go on strike because of disputes over wages, working hours, etc. They went on strike because the procurement department, for whatever reason, started buying materials from a new supplier, and these materials were inferior to what they had used for the past 20 years, and would therefore result in a reduction in the quality of their product.

Gotta love that....
Old 12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys this belongs in Automotive News: https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/