Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HFL Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL Questions

hello all, this is my third time trying to post this question so if you've seen this before I apologize. It seems to work and then the post disappears. Anyway, I'm about ready to buy an 04 TL and I had two questions on the HFL system.

1. Can you switch a call to the handset? Say a call comes in and you answer using HFL, then you decide you want to take the call in private. Can you say something or press a button somewhere that switches the call back to the phone? I have an aftermarket bluetooth system in my car now that has this function and it's actually pretty useful.

2. Acura's website says the system can recognize 6 different phones, but it says nothing about switching between phones. If you and your spouse both have bluetooth phones that are paired with the HFL and you both are in the car which phone will HFL work with? Also, if it doesn't pick the phone you want can you get it to switch? My dealer claims that you simply press the HFL button and say "joe's phone" and it switches to that phone. Any truth to this?

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

Yes you can. The voice command is transfer and it switches control back to the handset. I'm using the S/E T616 and it works pretty well. My only complaint is occasional crackly sound quality.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: HFL Questions

Originally posted by fjf4c

2. Acura's website says the system can recognize 6 different phones, but it says nothing about switching between phones. If you and your spouse both have bluetooth phones that are paired with the HFL and you both are in the car which phone will HFL work with? Also, if it doesn't pick the phone you want can you get it to switch? My dealer claims that you simply press the HFL button and say "joe's phone" and it switches to that phone. Any truth to this?
I remember reading somewhere that basically the car's HFL doesn't have the intelligence to assign priority yet. So, whichever phone it pairs with first is it. Make sure you get into the car before she does!

I haven't tried switching from one to the other...
Old 02-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb Re: HFL Questions

Originally posted by jtruman
I remember reading somewhere that basically the car's HFL doesn't have the intelligence to assign priority yet. So, whichever phone it pairs with first is it. Make sure you get into the car before she does!

I haven't tried switching from one to the other...

I think you're right.

In Oct, while I demo HFL to the dealer, after pairing two Bluetooth cells, 04TL can pick up the 2nd cell after turn off the engine/turn off 1st cell/turn on the engine.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Instructor

I remember reading somewhere that the TL remembered which phone was in the car most often and picked that one to pair with if there were more than one.