Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Herndon/Oakhill VA Harris teeter shopping center

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Herndon/Oakhill VA Harris teeter shopping center

To the person who drives a, 04-06 Redondo Red TL with tan interior who deliberately parked next to my 07 WDP TL-S on DEC.31st between 6-6:30pm thank you for dinging my door not once but twice. Hopefully you shop there often because I do and I hope I see you again so I can kick you in your f'ing face. Accident or not you would think you would have been more careful to not hit my door the second time.

I am not sure if this driver is on this forum but this jacka** parks next to me since we both have 3g tl's. The parking lot was not full but not very empty either so I parked in the last spot of a row where the front was a side walk and the passenger side was a curb/wall. So I parked as close as I could to the curb to where if the next car parked correctly they could open there door almost all the way. But no this person parks on the line and you would think since they deliberately parked next to you because you had a nice car, same car, car enthusiast, etc... they would respect that fact and be more careful.

Some may ask how do I know it was this tl? Well I am usually pretty cautious and park in no mans land no matter what if I can, if I see car next to mine before I leave I make a mental note of make, model and color and I usually check my doors before I leave. But since it was at night and my car is dirty I couldn't tell till the next day. Also there was enough paint transfer to tell it was Redondo Red, It wasn't real noticeable till I wiped some dirt away from the area. I wouldn't be as pissed if it was some random car but this joker parks next me because we had the same car and it took me over an hour with a clay bar to get the paint transfer off. Luckily it was only the door molding and that's it job to protect the door panel but still when its another TL who parks next to your TL for that reason and dings your door that is F'd up
Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 AM
05' AT SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a bitch.

I'm the same as you i park way out and walk just so no one door dings my car.

That is messed up though, you would think if this person parked next to you they would be a TL enthusiast and understand how we love our babies.

Well i hope you meet up with this person in the future.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
lol... Situation sucks, but your rant was priceless. Glad you got the paint off and no lasting damage to your vehicle was left behind.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:38 AM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xmrgoodcatx
Hopefully you shop there often because I do and I hope I see you again so I can kick you in your f'ing face.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Next time scratch his car but don't do it on the side next to your car. I also hate this and have no sympathy for people who willingly and deliberately destroy other people's property. In the 4 1/2 years I have owned my '04 TL, I have been lucky because I am anal as hell and extremely careful. When heading to those places were I suspect my car may be in jeopardy, I drive my truck. People who deliberately damaged other people's cars like this deserve whatever the victim wishes to extract in vengeance. So get him back.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe he thought your TL was lonely parked out there by itself and figured it could use some company. One thing led to another, things went too far and....just kidding man. I understand how you feel. I park out in no-man's land too and I have weirdos park right next to me trying to be funny. You should had left a note or did you not see it until you got home?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn bro that sucks.
that the shopping center near the clock tower?
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OUCH! I park way far away also... good exercise and it helps with the door dings. It is just so surprising for someone with a TL also to park that far away and be careless at the same time. Makes no sense...
Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
That suck's bro i would want to kick his ass too if i was in your situation.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
....and I hope I see you again so I can kick you in your f'ing face...
Damn, two dings in your door guards (which are replaceable) and you're saying this? Since it was his passenger side against your driver's side, did you ever stop to think it might have been his wife and/or kids who did the damage. Are you going to "kick in their f'ing face" as well?

Grow up and get over it.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
^^^^^It's quite possible that the owner was aware that his passenger/s door contacted your car and he walked around to check if there was any damage, and like you, saw none. You didn't notice it and it's your car. Why would you expect him to notice it?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:25 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Love tap?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This was no LOVE tap.

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Damn, two dings in your door guards (which are replaceable) and you're saying this? Since it was his passenger side against your driver's side, did you ever stop to think it might have been his wife and/or kids who did the damage. Are you going to "kick in their f'ing face" as well?

Grow up and get over it.
Excuse me... I am not trying to argue with you and understand what your saying but first of all if you deliberately park next to someone because of the same car you wouldn't park on the line to where if you had passengers would carelessly fling open there door. Plus like I do if I park next to a nice car or same car I would mention it to the passengers, also its just being respectful. Like I said I wouldn't be as pissed if it was some random car but this person wanted to be parking lot TL buddies. Just because it is replaceable doesn't justify making it ok considering the time and cost it would take for me to take it off then get all of the 3m backing tape off. Also how would you like seeing it everyday you go in and out of your car? So let me come over sit on your car hood to have my jean rivets scratch your paint then say oh it can be repainted get over it?? How about I slash your tire then say its replaceable get over?? Or I park next to you on purpose and hit your door? Then when you get pissed say grow up its replaceable. Everything on a car is replaceable. For someone to be careless knowing the fact they park next to you because you have a nice car and do some sort of damage but you have to pay for it is quite shitty. I have no problem parking next to another TL I do it to but at least I am careful knowing why I parked there. I am sure there are plenty of people who would feel the same if it happened to them, I am just hoping this person is on this forum so they are careful to the next TL or nice car they park next to. To me it's like someone coming up to me and saying hey we have the same shoes and kicks me in the nuts and walks away, its doesn't make for a good reaction. I take very good care of the things I own and do most of the work on it myself. Plus my car I pay for it I'll cry if I want to.

^^^^^It's quite possible that the owner was aware that his passenger/s door contacted your car and he walked around to check if there was any damage, and like you, saw none. You didn't notice it and it's your car. Why would you expect him to notice it?
Possible but considering the amount of transfer and the two nice chips/dings I am sure it was obvious from his/her side that damage was done since striking another door is not quiet. It takes a decent amount of force to leave the marks plus to leave a ding/chip. Its kind of like saying let me throw a rock at your door and expect there to be no damage.

Originally Posted by linky33
damn bro that sucks.
that the shopping center near the clock tower?
Yes. I was there at the ABC store buying some holiday cheer.

Last edited by xmrgoodcatx; 01-03-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:11 PM
too many hobbies...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grow up and get over it.
Posts like this just irritate the crap out of me. Are you just trying to start an argument for no reason? Jeez, the OP got a ding on his car from some a-hole (lots of them out there) and you want to rub salt in his wound because he's complaining about it?

So what's your threshold when "grow up and get over it" doesn't suffice? I'd like to see how you feel when someone fruks with your car and someone tells you to just get over it.

And your logic about his passenger doing it doesn't wash. Like the OP said, if it dings the car, you KNOW it will make enough noise for the TL driver to hear it. And regardless, they should own up to it! And if they don't, the driver, presumably another TL fan, should force them to own up to it.

Sorry OP - this sux, but glad to hear you were able to fix it without too much cost. I got a friggin surface scratch on my TL about 2 feet long in the Fair Lakes shopping center. It appears some a-hole let a cart scratch my car. People in this area never cease to amaze me.

OP, I hope you do run into this a-hole again...
Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Plus like I do if I park next to a nice car or same car I would mention it to the passengers, also its just being respectful.
I do that with my kids when I park next to a car only because I don't want to explain to an owner why one of my "little ones" put a dent in their ride. I try to avoid it and just park away from everyone else.