AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   HELP! No premium fuel in New Jersey! (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/help-no-premium-fuel-new-jersey-873119/)

TVL65 11-06-2012 01:03 PM

HELP! No premium fuel in New Jersey!

Things are pretty much screwed up here in NJ, as an independent insurance investigator/surveyor I've been going non-stop with work. Anyway I use the 07' TLS and you cannot get super unleaded anywhere, only regular is available. I had to fill is up today with regular & I cringed. Acura dealer said fill it up with regular no more then 2 times, otherwise engine will get damaged. I added a bottle of 108 octane booster. So whats the deal? Will engine get damaged?

justnspace 11-06-2012 01:05 PM

short term, no.

your state is in an emergency right now. use what they have. regular would be fine for right now.
as you cant really do much.

Undying Dreams 11-06-2012 01:07 PM

What he said ^

You might get less mileage and maybe hear some knocking but you should be good.

Hope they get everything back to normal soon! :wish:

The MuffinMan 11-06-2012 01:12 PM

you should be fine especially with the octane booster. Just try to stay out of the throttle. If you hear knocking that is detonation and can cause damage if you do it too often. The higher the RPM the higher the risk of detonation with lower octane fuels. But if you are just daily driving it and not beating on it you can use regular and be ok.

BeezleTL85 11-06-2012 01:19 PM

That sucks. Try Craigslist, I hear people are sellin gas on there. Or favors may be traded for gasoline :naughty:

The Machine 11-06-2012 01:28 PM

Or you can make the drive further south. I live in SJ and there are no fuel issues here, but you'd probably waste more fuel getting here for it to be worth it. Use regular for now and don't beat on the car.

justnspace 11-06-2012 01:30 PM

This means no Vtec.

THEReeM718 11-06-2012 01:58 PM

Regular gas everywhere here in NYC. You"ll be fine.

JORTS 11-06-2012 03:02 PM

I filed up with premium yesterday near willowbrook mall with no problems except had to wait in line for 30 min

350 11-06-2012 03:40 PM

Just don't floor it and you'll be fine.

ggesq 11-06-2012 03:44 PM

:rip:

jk, like others have said you'll be fine.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 07:01 PM

you drive a HONDA

People have lost their homes, family members, they don't have power or anything and you are worrying if putting regular gas in a HONDA would damage it? Come on man grow up.

rhafikjaan 11-06-2012 07:04 PM

dude.. just total your car .. engine is not repairable

SatinSilverAV6 11-06-2012 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146614)
you drive a HONDA

People have lost their homes, family members, they don't have power or anything and you are worrying if putting regular gas in a HONDA would damage it? Come on man grow up.

Seriously? :what:

I understand that there are people who are going through some major life changing events, but this is a honda/acura forum. He had a pretty valid question and didn't want to ruin his second most expensive investment he has, regardless of what has happened on the east coast. No reason for you to be a jerk. Sounds like you need to grow up.

Would it be any different if he drove an audi?

MandoTL 11-06-2012 07:30 PM

^ I agree.

Aretardedorange, that was not called for. No need to make things worst with your comment. We all know that East coast is hurting but dude seriously the OP had a valid question. Its something he wants to know and care for something he still has.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 07:35 PM

NO I have been putting regular for the past few days in all our cars and that is not even a concern for me. For all you guys that bought cars CPO or used 99% chance the P.O was putting in regular. Regular WONT KILL the engine it won't do anything, you might lose performance and or MPG but that's it. These engines are not very sophisticated, its a Honda engine, its not a supercar nor is it a turbo car.

Comments like these Acura dealer said fill it up with regular no more then 2 times, otherwise engine will get damaged. make my blood boil. Do you guys have any idea how many lives have been lost and damaged? People lost EVERYTHING. And this guy in concerned if his Honda will break down if he puts in 87? Give me a break man, go see whats happening around you, apparently you are a insurance investigator LOL.

And FYI this guy is a major troll that is why I responded.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/am-i-causing-engine-damage-869532/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/do-other-drivers-really-hate-tl-tls-much-update-bagel-842313/

csmeance 11-06-2012 07:37 PM

regular will work in a pinch. Keep the RPMS Below 3K and don't force the car to hard is the best advice I can give. Basically the less the engine is working the better.

Cooler weather will help you and so will using a little octane booster. Beware that octane boosters boost in 1/10th increment, so if a bottle says that it'll add upto 5 points, that means 87 will become 87.5 octane.

justnspace 11-06-2012 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146664)

Comments like these Acura dealer said fill it up with regular no more then 2 times, otherwise engine will get damaged. make my blood boil. Do you guys have any idea how many lives have been lost and damaged? People lost EVERYTHING. And this guy in concerned if his Honda will break down if he puts in 87? Give me a break man, go see whats happening around you, apparently you are a insurance investigator LOL.

i understand its your first hurricane.
BUtt,I can bet 100 dollars you dont care about the Texas/Louisiana coast when it gets slammed with hurricanes every year.

LockDots 11-06-2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146664)
NO I have been putting regular for the past few days in all our cars and that is not even a concern for me. For all you guys that bought cars CPO or used 99% chance the P.O was putting in regular. Regular WONT KILL the engine it won't do anything, you might lose performance and or MPG but that's it. These engines are not very sophisticated, its a Honda engine, its not a supercar nor is it a turbo car.

And FYI this guy is a major troll that is why I responded.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869532

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842313

People are dying by the thousands every day. Besides, he asked about his car. He didn't say "Guys, i know people are dying but more importantly I need to know what to pump into my car" Instead he showed concern about his CAR and asked about his CAR, not how to deal with hurricane aftermath on a moral level. sheesh

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 14146680)
i understand its your first hurricane.
BUtt,I can bet 100 dollars you dont care about the Texas/Louisiana coast when it gets slammed with hurricanes every year.

You guys are more prepared, you are ready for when a hurricane comes. We here in the tri state are not, and the damage done by Sandy is still present. So many are without power/transportation/gas.

I have family where OP lives and the area is totally changed forever, I understand gas might be a big concern but 99% of people know that putting in regular won't do anything. And the OP is a big troll with his nonsense threads about bagels and coffee and spit attacks on his exotic type s.

Really OP people aren't getting gas AT ALL and you are worried that putting in 87 will destroy your car? Talk about selfish.

And this subject is brought up every other day on this forum, I am surprised mall cop McCollins has not chimed in yet.

LockDots 11-06-2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146698)
LIPA should have restored your power last. :thumbsup:

How dare you ask how to make your exhaust fit properly amidst all the destruction. Here are people who have lost their power, their homes, and their lives and you have the audacity to worry about how to mount your exhaust properly? You should be asshamed of yourself....:thumbsup:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/getting-atlp-v1-spoiler-fit-872675/

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by LockDots (Post 14146703)
How dare you ask how to make your exhaust fit properly amidst all the destruction. Here are people who have lost their power, their homes, and their lives and you have the audacity to worry about how to mount your exhaust properly? You should be asshamed of yourself....:thumbsup:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872675

Thats a spoiler. :tomato:

I am just saying the post was offensive because this topic has been brought up 100x times, just go back 5 pages you will see 6 topics. IHC actually posted a huge essay on 87 vs 93. All this guy had to do was search.

I waited a few hours for gas the other day and they ran out I ended up getting nothing. Gas right now is a very rare item around our area, OP is being a trolling prick. Had to fill is up today with regular & I cringed. Acura dealer said fill it up with regular no more then 2 times, otherwise engine will get damaged.

Ohhhhh he "cringed" I bet he cried, he should be lucky he got gas at all. And 100% of the time Acura dealer always fills loaners up with 87.

LockDots 11-06-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146719)
Thats a spoiler. :tomato:

I am just saying the post was offensive because this topic has been brought up 100x times, just go back 5 pages you will see 6 topics. IHC actually posted a huge essay on 87 vs 93. All this guy had to do was search.

I waited a few hours for gas the other day and they ran out I ended up getting nothing. Gas right now is a very rare item around our area, OP is being a trolling prick. Had to fill is up today with regular & I cringed. Acura dealer said fill it up with regular no more then 2 times, otherwise engine will get damaged.

Ohhhhh he "cringed" I bet he cried, he should be lucky he got gas at all. And 100% of the time Acura dealer always fills loaners up with 87.

Spoiler, exhaust, whatever. You're a hypocrite. You're criticizing someone and calling their post offensive for asking about their car but here you are concerning yourself with your spoiler instead of the tragedy that just happened.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by LockDots (Post 14146731)
Spoiler, exhaust, whatever. You're a hypocrite. You're criticizing someone and calling their post offensive for asking about their car but here you are concerning yourself with your spoiler instead of the tragedy that just happened.

There is a BIG difference between a spoiler and gas. Are spoilers scarce right now? NO. People are not getting gas, they can't get to work, they can't feed their families. You are not entitled to 93 gasoline, some places in the US don't even have 93 gasoline.

Have you seen the OP's previous posts? He thinks he drives some luxury exotic car and people are out to get him by throwing bagels, and spitting on his car. He is just a TROLL.

And you need to learn what a hypocrite means. I am not asking about gas or anything I asked about a spoiler. I bashed him on the fact that he asked about gas which is scarce, take what you can get, stop being selfish.

LockDots 11-06-2012 08:23 PM

lol you're trying too hard now.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by LockDots (Post 14146754)
lol you're trying too hard now.

I think you started trying hard when you searched my old threads. :toocool:

justnspace 11-06-2012 08:53 PM

same shit, we go through it EVERY YEAR.
WE LOSE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN DAMAGES ARE DONE.
WE ARE LEFT WITHOUT POWER FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS.
but you dont care about us.

its okay, retarded. you can bow out any time

LockDots 11-06-2012 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146763)
I think you started trying hard when you searched my old threads. :toocool:

Your post was in Problems And Fixes a week ago. No need to search :)

McCollins23 11-06-2012 10:01 PM

Maybe OP should have first said "Haayyy gUISE, i TRieD sEarching f1rst, but CoUlDn't find th@ @nser, Plaese halp me. I bet that would have been up to oranges standards.

And Orange, you are one to talk about making useless threads that have been beaten to death.

OP, I don't have any answers for you but listen to some of the others advice. Hope everything goes well.

03tLsNBP 11-06-2012 10:20 PM

At least you guys in Jersey have regular. We barely have that :shrug:

It's not like we can hop on the turnpike and get gas. If I hop on the LIE and head West out of LI, the destruction gets worse. I'm stranded here on an island that isn't even tropical :bored:

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP (Post 14146981)
At least you guys in Jersey have regular. We barely have that :shrug:

It's not like we can hop on the turnpike and get gas. If I hop on the LIE and head West out of LI, the destruction gets worse. I'm stranded here on an island that isn't even tropical :bored:

Thanks for being sensible. Apparently Lockdots or whatever his name is thinks we here in NY have no problems.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by McCollins23 (Post 14146920)
Maybe OP should have first said "Haayyy gUISE, i TRieD sEarching f1rst, but CoUlDn't find th@ @nser, Plaese halp me. I bet that would have been up to oranges standards.

And Orange, you are one to talk about making useless threads that have been beaten to death.

OP, I don't have any answers for you but listen to some of the others advice. Hope everything goes well.

Ahahahahahahahahaha. I didn't type like that, the search function on this forum sucks. This forum used to be amazing. Unfortunately people like you ruined the forum. Mall cop loser wannabe mod lmfao!

McCollins23 11-06-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14147071)
Ahahahahahahahahaha. I didn't type like that, the search function on this forum sucks. People like you ruined the forum. Mall cop loser wannabe mod lmfao!

I don't ever want to be a mod, because it would be too easy to ban people like you.

Keep calling me a loser tho, I like it. :wish:

Oh and to sorry I ruined the forum for everyone, please forgive little old me. I'm sorry I didn't make enough threads, I hope baby Jesus can help me.

03tLsNBP 11-06-2012 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14147068)
Thanks for being sensible. Apparently Lockdots or whatever his name is thinks we here in NY have no problems.

Did you see his location?

edit: or do you mean he's oblivious to his surroundings?

TheChamp531 11-06-2012 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146695)
You guys are more prepared, you are ready for when a hurricane comes. We here in the tri state are not, and the damage done by Sandy is still present. So many are without power/transportation/gas.

I have family where OP lives and the area is totally changed forever, I understand gas might be a big concern but 99% of people know that putting in regular won't do anything. And the OP is a big troll with his nonsense threads about bagels and coffee and spit attacks on his exotic type s.

Really OP people aren't getting gas AT ALL and you are worried that putting in 87 will destroy your car? Talk about selfish.

And this subject is brought up every other day on this forum, I am surprised mall cop McCollins has not chimed in yet.

Just stop it. You're looking like a complete ignorant moron.

Can someone NOT worry about there car WHILE worrying about there livelihoods as well? You've been on AZ that long and you STILL think a TL engine is NOT a 11:1 compression that requires a higher octane to burn efficiently? Are you that stuck up and spoiled?

Don't talk about anyone trolling in these forums. Last time I checked, you made a thread about everything that was discussed 50x over. Yet, we were nice enough not to complain unlike yourself on a other member.

He didn't ask your opinion in regards to the storm or what it did, he asked a simple question and you made it like he was the devil. Get over yourself and stfu.

And please do NOT try to compare TX/LA situation to yours. When you have NO idea what happens down here, don't try to act like you do. You're a shame of these forums and anyone from the east coast in this disaster. Use your energy and argue to the president/nominee in why there is an election when there is thousands, if not millions without energy, homes, etc... Don't try to instigate something here when you have 0 idea what you're talking about.

Childish.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by McCollins23 (Post 14147088)
I don't ever want to be a mod, because it would be too easy to ban people like you.

Keep calling me a loser tho, I like it. :wish:

Oh and to sorry I ruined the forum for everyone, please forgive little old me. I'm sorry I didn't make enough threads, I hope baby Jesus can help me.

Haha you ARE a loser. All you do is criticize posts or sit on Acurazine 24/7 posting garbage, get a life. If you don't want to be a mod why do you throw :2cents: everywhere, always making useless lame suggestions. I guess you don't have any friends in real life and Acurazine is where you are "cool" trolling and patrolling.

Aretardedorange 11-06-2012 11:11 PM

I am not even going to bother responding to that essay that you wrote. Try standing in a line for gas for 5 hours and being told they ran out.

Anyone should be happy they are getting 87.

Engine compression blah blah blah, NOTHING will happen. I know people running 87 in TL and MDX and no problems. Acura says to put premium in TSX which is 4 banger I bet you would do that as well.

And if you have noticed many members barely come on here and its just the same people over and over again....you know why that is? It is because of people like you and McCollins who criticize every car and every post. We made our own tristate group and we have a very active community.

TheChamp531 11-06-2012 11:20 PM

You can try to respond to me like a smart ass or you can grow a pair and respond to me like a man, but wait...

I forget. You're still a little boy in school that tries to show off his Bimmer, Audi, and TL (Lexus awhile back as well). You've been spoon-fed. For the first time in your life you're facing some diversity and this is the way you act? This incident is a tragedy- no doubt. You think I haven't lived in the same situation or witness even a 'worser' situation in Katrina? Bodies floating, NO GAS, National Guards everywhere, criminals stealing anything they can-- killing or even raping (don't see that in the news eh?). Don't try to act like you're the only one on the planet dealing with something. You're just a little boy trying to act big. When you MAKE YOUR MONEY, and have RESPONSIBILITY for what you do-- then you can try to get at me. Until then, da fack up.

And trying to tell me that this car doesn't need Premium. Lets remember who I'm responding too:

You made over 40 threads asking questions about the most searchable topics here on AZ. And now you're telling me what works and what doesn't? l0l

ez12a 11-06-2012 11:23 PM

:popcorn: < so delicious.

lleron 11-06-2012 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange (Post 14146695)

Are you drunk..? How old are you? The OP was simply making sure that his expensive investment wasn't going to get damaged by circumstances out of his control. He was not out of line at all. Not everyone is quite as edumucated as you and I...

(And before you make some smartass comment about the hurricane, all of my family and friends are from/in NJ and still without power and other basic needs... Doesn't change the fact that nothing was out of line here)

In before the :lock:.