Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with modifications...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with modifications...

I have 2005 TL automatic transmission with 24K miles underbody kit and Nav. I am kinda bored with this car so I went to BMW dealers to trade TL and get the new 08 M3. But after talking with them it was going to cost around $67K plus they didn't have one. After debating if I should wait for M3 or just make modifications to my TL.

First thing I did today was activated XM radio for $77/yr wohoo
Second I am going to add USA Spec ipod kit

Here is where I need some help. I have factory 17 wheels. I want to get either 18s or 19s, can anyone suggest which one is the best. Cost is not a problem. My friends have also told me that if you upgrade your wheels to 18/19s your car will wobble, is that a true statement?

I have a problem with my navigation system buttons. The following buttons dont work sometimes. Zoom out button, audio. Not sure what the problem is...

Is watching DVD video possible from the navigation dvd player use?

Ok so I got XM, going to install ipod kit, and wheels. Is there anything else I can do with this car?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you have so much money and so little ability to read? Lol. There are too many threads on this stuff for you to not have more insight.

Okay, dood, seriously you will have to search around here, but this will get you started. The USA Spec is really dumb idea now. Read this: https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/does-anybody-own-scoozie-176156/ You can even add an HD radio...

DVD issue: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=navi

Other suggestions: internal radar detector/laser shifter (I want to see more discussion of these on this site), backup camera with/without switch for anytime-rear-view, any of the engine/handling mods...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is just tooo much you can do to this car.

Planning on wheels you say?
Drop it on TEIN SS or Megans Coilovers or good ole springs. If you want a very very mild drop, A Spec Suspenion

improve that handling with a Progress Rear Sway Bar. Available from vendors Excelerate and Mr. Heel Toe at a low cost to you. Installation is easy tooo!

How about some power? Looking into a catback exhaust by either
ATLP
Excelerate (Fabricated by Billy Boat)
Greddy
Comptech

More Power you say? No problem, lets change out that J-Pipe, available options currently are
ATLP
J-Shift

Still Thirsting for that power eh? Get a Cold Air Intake brought to you by AEM, Injen,and Fujita. Available at your board vendors excelerate and Mr. Heel toe!

Now you say, all this power is just not gettin that butt dyno roaring, eh? Supercharge baby with a Comptech supercharger!

Want more pep to that acceleration?!?!?! Man, have we got sumthing for you!
How about a new UR pulley! Underdrive for the best in acceleartion!

This is just a tip of the iceberg, there is still more to come, so stay tuned!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wait for an m3.......

if these were my options i wouldn't waste any $ on the TL. If you can afford the m3 go for it. pretty soon you'll be 30 and have too many regrets on not getting it when you had the chance.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Once U Do get an M3 u will never think about not having fun with the car. Its impossible well unless u do get an automatic . Or you are just not into cars and should maybe stick with girls only just a joke man but yea if money is not a problem wait for the M3 actually make urself hate that car within that time so when the bmw comes u;ll have a big smile on ur face !!