Sponsored by:

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:09 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

Hello guys,
I've been browsing your forums for quite a bit now, maybe almost 1 month ago since I've went to Smith-Cairns Ford/Subaru/etc to get a RX-8 and instead run into a 05 WDP Auto TL (with what appears to be the A-Spec body kit at least, although its completely white, I’ll post pictures soon to better clarify). Since then I've been guest'ing (not having an account) myself around reading up on the 3G Garage, new posts and old relating to service with dealers, maintenance, car tips, you get the hint. I signed up not too long ago in preparations of becoming a new TL owner and board member and now (today) its official; so hey?! . I hope to continue getting valuable information on the 3G and becoming a productive board member.

Getting straight to the center of the tootsie pop: I would love to post pictures of the car but the only camera I got access to was my sisters and it fell off my father's 4x4, much fun. My first planned mod(s) would be lojack (got abit worried about the stolen car situation from two members, sorry guys that you went/going through that) and of course the 07 TL-S switchblade key which I've already contacted FLbusa about and will be paypal'ing him to get my keys by this week hopefully.

I also got a quick question about the navigation screen, is it possible to operate it with the Nav-dvd missing? It seems the dvd was stolen while laying around on the lot before I came across it and since it wasn't a dealer affiliated with Acura/Honda in any way, I just bit the bullet and decided to purchase it at a later date (meaning ebay) but got pretty much everything else for the car. Reason I ask is because it seems that the previous owner installed a [icon-tv dvd player] in the rear arm-rest where the passenger cup-holders are and tied it into the nav screen but any buttons I hit for the navigation itself won't bring anything up on the screen, only when I power up the dvd do I see any action (with no sound) and its either the main blue screen for the player or a dvd I place in it, any suggestions? (other than removing the dvd player, because if I can't get the nav up, its definitely coming out)
P.S. Hello again! & forgive the massive wall of text. <3

_Fred
Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
welcome! enjoy our stay fellow WDP! (great choice!)
as for the Nav DVD..im sure someone can help u here
Old 06-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
it seems that the previous owner decided to unplug the video from the NAvi unit in the trunk and put in dvd video instead. Only way to undo this would be to undo the dvd player wires and put back in the navi wires. And no, the navi cannot be operated without the dvd. THe touch controls for the raido on screen will not work either. As for sound, try pushing the XM button until you hear dvd sound or the cd changer button until is says CDC BTW, if you need help figuring out about the dvd player and the navi unit wires, PM me and i'll try to help Also it is possible to keep the navi and the dvd player at the same time, but will need to invest 125 to 225 dollars. Also in case i am wrong about the first part, look for a switch either in the center storage bins, the two flippyu compartments by the gear-shift, or the panel on the driverside where hte mirror controls are located
Old 06-09-2007, 08:30 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, the car seemed to even be disconnected at one point (I'm assuming) because when me and my father were checking out the car, the radio wouldn't work for nothing but later on due to much searching on these forums to possible solutions and abit of educated guessing I figured out the anti-theft went off and thankfully had the codes for it.

Now not to go off-track but I'd like to also get some knowledge of some preferred service centers in the NYC area (or close enough) due to the fact I called Curry Acura to ask them about confirming some serial numbers (seeing which is the radio ID and Nav ID) to get the codes to the anti-theft and kept being told that I needed my nav unit yanked out for the serial in the back to get the code, thankfully enough with more searching here I noticed I already had the codes along with the manual. That which of course left me with a real bitter sense and possible future servicing I might experience there so I’m already turned off from going there.

Seems I’ll have to try to ebay the nav-dvd and see if that might get the navigation working because the salesman said that the previous owner was using the navigation like crazy but then again, its what the salesman said , hehe. I’ll deffinetely give the pushing of XM/CD buttons more than once a try, I was trying to see if they’d cycle to some form of AUX setting or what not but wasn’t seeing anything come up, maybe I just need to fiddle with it more and see what occurs. If I don’t make any progress, expect a PM because I rather have my navigation up than watch “Fun with dick and jane” (it was in the player, real dvd too mind you).

P.S I ain't dogging the movie, its funny as hell to watch which might just get me into a accident more than anything else, lol.

edit: I made note to look for possible switches after reading how people set up the dom's tvandnav unit (which I'm leaning to in the future) and haven't seen anything else so I'll definitely continue to search hoping that'll be the golden key to my navigation working if one does exist.

_fred
Old 06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Welcome to team WDP and the TL family!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
welcome and congrats!