Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Light conversion

I would like to take the orange out of my headlights but am not sure how to go about doing this. Can anyone helpt me out. I also am trying to find out if it is possible to change out my bottom grilles with the ones that fit the fog lights. I have an 04 and I dont think they were made until the 06 07 came out....any ideas?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Here I come!

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
DIY for headlights http://www.cardomain.com/ride/184466/18 WARNING: For first timers, it should be a two man job and can take up to 7 hours, so make sure you have at least that much time. Also, make sure you get the Nissan Butyl Rubber to make it a lot easier when putting back together. Silicone will give you a hard time. I just did mine not too long ago and I just finished doing a buddy's yesterday. Here's mine: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184844 As far as the grilles, I just put mesh over mine. No big deal.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Instructor

Where did you get the black mesh for the lower grills? How was the mod... difficulty, cost, procedure?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Houston
DIY for headlights http://www.cardomain.com/ride/184466/18 WARNING: For first timers, it should be a two man job and can take up to 7 hours, so make sure you have at least that much time. Also, make sure you get the Nissan Butyl Rubber to make it a lot easier when putting back together. Silicone will give you a hard time. I just did mine not too long ago and I just finished doing a buddy's yesterday. Here's mine: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184844 As far as the grilles, I just put mesh over mine. No big deal.

He speaks the truth . . . I tried with Silicone and it sucks balls. I found it easy to open and remove the orange, closing was my difficulty.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Here I come!

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by tragic22
Where did you get the black mesh for the lower grills? How was the mod... difficulty, cost, procedure?
Actually, it's aluminum mesh and I got at home depot. About 3 or 4 bucks for a large sheet. The process was simple. I pulled out the grilles by going under the car and sticking my hand up towards the grille and with a flathead, prying open the little tabs. There's 8 if I remember correctly. I simply put the mesh over the grilles and cut it using snips. I put 2 pcs on each grille so that the black bar across the middle would stick out. Then, I wired them using a thin wire, so that it wouldn't be to visible. Then, just snap them back in. They shine good when the sun hits them and when I wash my car, I spray simple green on them and give them a quick brush. 5 bucks for the whole thing and it's not exactly spectacular, but something different.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Along with the buytl rubber, I would recommend getting some small spring clips to place around the assembly to aid in the seating of the two pieces evenly.

I did it being a first timer by myself and it was very easy.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Houston
Actually, it's aluminum mesh and I got at home depot. About 3 or 4 bucks for a large sheet. The process was simple. I pulled out the grilles by going under the car and sticking my hand up towards the grille and with a flathead, prying open the little tabs. There's 8 if I remember correctly. I simply put the mesh over the grilles and cut it using snips. I put 2 pcs on each grille so that the black bar across the middle would stick out. Then, I wired them using a thin wire, so that it wouldn't be to visible. Then, just snap them back in. They shine good when the sun hits them and when I wash my car, I spray simple green on them and give them a quick brush. 5 bucks for the whole thing and it's not exactly spectacular, but something different.
Did you paint yours black or is that the natural color? I saw some other members with this mod and there's look more silver.
I'm taking off my front bumper to paint my grill and change my HIDs next weekend so that looks like a fun little mod that I can do that wont take too long.