Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you seen me? **STOLEN TL - South Florida**

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:51 PM
AM MT Navi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you seen me? **STOLEN TL - South Florida**

My friend's 2005 A-Spec was stolen this morning from Broward County. I know it's a long shot, but figured I'd start a thread. You may recognize his car from this thread.
Anyway, his car is a 2005 NBP (black) with the complete A-spec package. It has the 18's in chrome....not the 'chrome look' ones. He also has 15% tint all around. It has the navi/6spd (brembos) with black interior.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy sh** that car was sick, I hope they find it.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely heartbreaking... I hope he gets it back.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
CSI
Instructor

so in this site, there are 2 TL have been stolen ...? 1 nbp, 1 grey...

another: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132736

I'm worried now...
Old 03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
FOR SALE - BM

oh no,,, not another one... im gonna sleep in my car tonight... jk... do what you want to me, but don't touch my car....
Old 03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
99TL-p 114K

This is so fucked up, right before the meet i have already planned!!!! Forget about finding it, that shit is already at a chop shop by now, being striped for parts and everything else. No one races 3g TL's really or does motor swaps on them. That is some serious shit thats goin on most likely with whoever stole it. The other possibility would be that his TL is already having the vin numbers erased and replaced with fake ones that have been made by now and is going to be re sold elsewhere for mad money.. DONT YOU GUYS WATCH DISCOVERY CHANNEL, AND COURT TV???
Old 03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice car and hope it has a safe return!
That just sucks and so sorry to hear it...............
Old 03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
AM MT Navi

Most of us know how it works. It could be on a boat heading to the Carribean by now. However, there's always a chance it was some jitterbugs and they have to move it somewhere. Like i said above, I know it's a long shot...but seriously, if your ride was jacked, you wouldn't create a thread? It's not like I'm putting a full page ad in the Sun Sentinel. I guess you can just consider this an fyi thread.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
This is so fucked up, right before the meet i have already planned!!!! Forget about finding it, that shit is already at a chop shop by now, being striped for parts and everything else. No one races 3g TL's really or does motor swaps on them. That is some serious shit thats goin on most likely with whoever stole it. The other possibility would be that his TL is already having the vin numbers erased and replaced with fake ones that have been made by now and is going to be re sold elsewhere for mad money.. DONT YOU GUYS WATCH DISCOVERY CHANNEL, AND COURT TV???
I think we're all aware of the possibilities. But, the man just lost his car. How a bit of sensitivity, as well as offering a bit of hope? That's a hard loss to take, especially for such a beautiful car.

If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't even want to be thinking about my car being chopped up, having the VIN erased, etc. I'd just be blown that my pride and joy has been stolen. I wouldn't even want to think about the even more unpleasant possibilities.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry about your friends car. I hope who ever took it is caught......

I need to watch my car now.....
Old 03-08-2006, 04:11 PM
99TL-p 114K

we all need to be on the lookout and on guard with our own cars now. Oh, and i wasnt trying to be mean about what i said up there. I was just saying that like, omg, its crazy, and its gona be tough to find it because of those possibility. Yes we all know how it works or whatever but i honestly was not trying to be mean or rub anything in. I deeply am sorry to hear about the loss. I know i wouldnt want to hear about a chop shop or whatever at this point but hes not even on this forum so i was just stating what could be happen to it right now. I was considering the possibilities. I really hope he gets it back or what not. That is such a sad story. Nothing could be worse then that one other member in the 2g section that found his TL burned to a crisp cuz someone stole it and set it on fire to burn to death. THOSE PICS WERE THE WORST I EVER SEEN
Old 03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Intermediate

wow this is disturbing, I live in Coral Springs

I'll keep a look out!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Acura TL 2005/6spd

I live in wpb will keep my eyes open sorry for your friend. That car has to be some where in MIAMI area.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:08 PM
ABP TL

Unhappy

man that sux, if this was happening to me... i don't know what to think anymore coz i would feel like someone kidnapped one of my family member or lover and there is almost less than 30% chance the car would return in perfect condition...

MAN I WOULD CRY

plus she is a hot family member/lover...they will torture her

i am sorry for you mate
Old 03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

People, get lojack. It works!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Intermediate

I thoght the TL had some "Anti Theft" devices? How did they manage to steal the car? Does your friend know?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Advanced

I'm just curious how people are stealing the cars...

ANYONE KNOW?

All of us have alarms...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 PM
how handsome I am

omg bro. that fucking sucks..

I saw this car up close and it is a beautiful ride... I'll keep my eyes open...
Old 03-09-2006, 12:37 AM

im sure your friend contaced the authorities and this may be a long shot, but just trying to help. but is there any way possible maybe the car got impounded or somthing?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sopadepollo
I thoght the TL had some "Anti Theft" devices? How did they manage to steal the car? Does your friend know?
As of now there are only 2 ways to steal the TL ONE is to have a transponder scanner along with a master key which is big money and hard to come by especially the scanner. Also its time consuming because the scanner needs to go through thousands of codes to find the right one before it will allow the vehicle to start.

The second and most popular They tow it ,nice simple and clean and most people dont even look twice at a tow truck thinking its legit that your car broke down. next thing you know its off to the chop shop.

Its becomming a huge problem in NYC especially for guys with the a-spec package and ESPECIALLY for guys with the A-SPEC rims they are looking to take your car. If your lucky enough for them to just steal your rims your still looking a few thousand on body work because these assholes are jacking up your car on your sideskirts in the middle right were the two connect destroying the sideskirts and in most cases pushing the doors out of wack causing alot of damage. Because it easier for them to steal both the rims by just jacking up the car once on each side and taking them off.

Someone also suggested LOjack to me its the biggest waste of money you can spend on a anti theft device . First it takes 12-24hours (sometimes longer) before the lojack device is actually activated alot of people think you call lojack and they activate the box but its the police who actually activate it by doing the report and putting a alarm on the vehicle (which means by the time they actually enter your cars information into the computer system as stolen). By that time your car is torn apart and honestly I wouldnt want my TL back after it was stolen.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by TL2ENVY
As of now there are only 2 ways to steal the TL ONE is to have a transponder scanner along with a master key which is big money and hard to come by especially the scanner. Also its time consuming because the scanner needs to go through thousands of codes to find the right one before it will allow the vehicle to start.

The second and most popular They tow it ,nice simple and clean and most people dont even look twice at a tow truck thinking its legit that your car broke down. next thing you know its off to the chop shop.

Its becomming a huge problem in NYC especially for guys with the a-spec package and ESPECIALLY for guys with the A-SPEC rims they are looking to take your car. If your lucky enough for them to just steal your rims your still looking a few thousand on body work because these assholes are jacking up your car on your sideskirts in the middle right were the two connect destroying the sideskirts and in most cases pushing the doors out of wack causing alot of damage. Because it easier for them to steal both the rims by just jacking up the car once on each side and taking them off.

Someone also suggested LOjack to me its the biggest waste of money you can spend on a anti theft device . First it takes 12-24hours (sometimes longer) before the lojack device is actually activated alot of people think you call lojack and they activate the box but its the police who actually activate it by doing the report and putting a alarm on the vehicle (which means by the time they actually enter your cars information into the computer system as stolen). By that time your car is torn apart and honestly I wouldnt want my TL back after it was stolen.
You are wrong. My car was taken (M3) AND within 15 minutes lojack had called me. Within 45 minutes they had tracked my car down.

Sorry, you are dead wrong.

If I even MOVE my TL without my keyfob more than a quarter mile I get a phone call IMMEDIATELY saying., "This is lojack, please check the location of your vehicle"

I tried it out when I had it installed on my TL and I can sleep well without every having to worry about my car being jacked by some assrag.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:48 PM
FOR SALE - BM

hate to say it, but that car is probably halfway to cuba by now... even if its not and you find it, get rid of it..... Its a shame that the satellite that is used for the nave cant do a reverse and track where the car is..... that's what i would change for the next gen TL.....
Old 03-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually Xtin, he is not wrong.

dont know how cops are in your area........but in NY, people can take anything with lo jack, they even have containers where they can hide the car, so it wont have reception.

just keep the cars stock and get insurance........dont leave personal belongings in the car, and for those parking in the street, dont part it at the same place ALL the time.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by DeadLock
Actually Xtin, he is not wrong.

dont know how cops are in your area........but in NY, people can take anything with lo jack, they even have containers where they can hide the car, so it wont have reception.

just keep the cars stock and get insurance........dont leave personal belongings in the car, and for those parking in the street, dont part it at the same place ALL the time.
I park all the time in Baltimore and in DC and Ive never once worried about it being taken . .. I doubt in 15 minutes they could get into into a holding cell.
Well, I also have "Early warning" with the special keyfob so that might be why mine is different. Ive tested it by moving it a mile away and lojack calls me immediately

Oh and I have the entire ASPEC kit so its not like Im stock
Old 03-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I come from a fam of integra owners..........maybe the TL doesnt see as many likely thieves as the ITR or any modded integra, but no lo jack ever stops those who want a b18c5 engine........

I got a TL thinking it wouldnt have theft problems, I dont have the A-Spec yet, and I think I will get some wheel locks in the mean time.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TL2ENVY

You are a little mistaken. First off there is no such thing as a master key for any car. Also, lets say they do have a T-code or SDD machine ($7k) for the transponder. They still need a pin code that is assigned to every vehicle before you can access the computer. This all takes time. I guess it's possible if someone works for a repo company or dealership to get the pin code to access the computer. The other way to steal the car is to obviously pick it up on a flat bed or dynamic.
However, why would one steal a TL? They really aren't the hot comodity like a civic or integra. So why would you go through all that work for a TL? Cars like this are usually done for insurance purposes. Not saying that's what is happening here. But, in a lot more cases than you may realize cars stolen that have transponder technology are usually done to get rid of a payment they can't really afford or a car they can't seem to get rid of for whatever reason.
Lo-Jack is a good system. Then again if they are professional theives they probably even have a connection at Lo-Jack to disconnect it. Also, they may know where they are installed. I mean they have to be professionals if they are bypassing transponders. Lo-Jack is not full proof though.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xtin
People, get lojack. It works!
But Lojack is not available in all states.. Check their website
Old 03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro

I would hope I never see the car again...sad to say, but true...thats what insurance is for IMO.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
AM MT Navi

jdm5lughatch, i can understand why you would think the way you do but anyone who saw the car would tell you that was my pride and joy and i still hope it returns unharmed but the more days that go by the more i doubt that.i dont know why someone would want it and i wonder myself exactly how they got it.i had no problem paying for it and when this is all said and done i will consider buying another TL. im going to test drive the G35 coupe and the lexus IS in the mean time. PEOPLE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THOSE WHEELS. I HAVE YET TO SEE ANOTHER SET LIKE THEM AND THEY ARE ON BRAND NEW MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 2'S
Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Im sorry about your loss, but where one door closes another opens.

Didn't you say it was your friends car???
Old 03-10-2006, 03:00 AM
ABP TL

i totally feel you man, however i don't wish the car came back...because you never know how those thief been torture your car. i would just purchase a new one with the insurance money as if you can get the money for a new car.
the G35 is a good car except the interior, and the is 350 is over rated. i test drove one like a month ago, first i like the outlook but the interior is too small plus the hp isn't what lexus claimed...anyways that's just my opinion
Old 03-10-2006, 03:19 AM
Instructor

Man sorry for ur loss. Unfortunatly, stolen car business is a multi million dollar entity. Reason why the FBI deal with it. About the car, hope that it would not come back like this one
http://www.greatrebuilders.com/selectedCar.cfm?ID=571
It is unbelievable what they can do in 2 to 3 hours.
By the way is just bought that one and I'm planing to bring it back to life. Got the door already, about to get RJ body kid, got the nav system. Give a month and I'll post both before and after pictures.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shotcaller88
jdm5lughatch, i can understand why you would think the way you do but anyone who saw the car would tell you that was my pride and joy and i still hope it returns unharmed but the more days that go by the more i doubt that.i dont know why someone would want it and i wonder myself exactly how they got it.i had no problem paying for it and when this is all said and done i will consider buying another TL. im going to test drive the G35 coupe and the lexus IS in the mean time. PEOPLE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THOSE WHEELS. I HAVE YET TO SEE ANOTHER SET LIKE THEM AND THEY ARE ON BRAND NEW MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 2'S

Man I understand. I just want people to actually see how hard it is to steal this car if you are not a professional. I wasn't profiling you. Like I said... I'm not saying that's what's happening here. I hope you do get it back. More than likely you will but it'll be stripped.

Good luck man.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:24 AM
AM MT Navi

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Im sorry about your loss, but where one door closes another opens.

Didn't you say it was your friends car???
Yes, it is my friends car....However, he felt compelled to jump on my account for a few posts. I have an AM...you can see the front of it in a pic on the first page.