Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Happy Ending

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Happy Ending

For all you horny Bastards not one of those happy endings :-)

Having my A-SPEC installed as we speak. Not many if you may be familiar with my story. I picked my 04 TL Navi with 18 inch tires, skirt kit and thats it. Mid December was my pic up date. When I left the lot I had horrible vibrations which turned out to be the tires. To make a long story short I was so fed up with Acura and there lack of answers I was going to get out of the car. These vibrations even happened with aftermarket rims tires and springs. wasted money etc. It was really pissing me off.
On top of all this I was supposed to have the balance of A-SPEC installed after I picked up the car, the reason I didn't is that it wasn't avialable yet. Well with these problems my dealer refused installation until my issue was resolved. I was just about to get rid of the car for an M45 and a guy at my dealership called. Seems my families relationship with the Rallye dealerships helped. They got a regional guy in there and a tech from Cali. Made me put the car back to SPEC. Went in 3 weeks ago this past Friday. Made some adjustments, took 15 min slapped on the Acura 18tens with the CORRECT yokahama tires and sure as sh** vibration gone. I tell them now that my car is normal I want the kit. They gave me a deal but the best is that they picked up the tab on all my aftermarket stuff which totaled $1800 or so and issued me a check from the dealer. Now the emblem shocks struts wheels and steering are being installed for just over 2 with labor. already sold my after aftermarket stuff on ebay so all is well that ends well. It just sucks it took me this long to get hear.

PS the problem according to the guy from Cali is that my suspension was not callibrated or some sh** correctly that was why I had a vibration no matter what I did. He said it came from the factory that way. But they kept telling me it was a tire issue. At that time I did not even have those F'in bridgestones on the car. So my problem was totally unrelated. They also yelled at the dealer for putting continentals instead of the acura recommended yokohamas on the car. Hey I guess sometimes it just takes alot of yelling and screaming to get somewhere.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Harvest day sucks....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would it be too much trouble for you to ask the service advisor exactly what was out of spec as far as your suspension was concerned?

Is your TL a 5AT or 6MT?

Was your vibration problem always present or would it vibrate only occasionally?

My car vibrates consistantly, but sometimes it is worse than others. The vibrations feel like a tire imbalance, however they don't really act like a tire imbalance as it's not consistant and isn't speed dependent as it vibrates at any speed above 45MPH.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Re: A Happy Ending

Originally posted by scelipt
the problem according to the guy from Cali is that my suspension was not callibrated or some sh** correctly that was why I had a vibration no matter what I did. He said it came from the factory that way.

I thought you'd installed your aftermarket spring and never replaced your suspension, right?

It's really unbelievable the dealer was willing to fix that car and pay you back after you've already done lots of modifications. (I'm glad what they have done.)

Finally, you got your car back, the good car now. How long does this take? 3 months? Congratulations, good to know the problems are all fixed.