Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

handsfree froze??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
handsfree froze??

My z600 was working great but then it froze all of a sudden...tried restarting engine, shutting phone on and off...finally got it back working in about ten minutes. Anybody else have this problem and does it occur often?I've only had the phone for aweek so far that was the only incident. i know nothing is perfect and i'm actually pretty happy with the whole setup but is there a simpler way to "unfreeze"?..."ctrl-alt-del"????????
Old 03-21-2004, 10:35 AM
1st Gear

I have a Z600 and occasionally it will indicate "Phone" on the display when I am not using it, also as though it was locked up. What I have found will bring it back is hitting the dial button on the steering wheel, then the end button on the steering wheel. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, working the buttons should clear it up.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Intermediate

This is happening with my T610 also, and the fix as described works, but it is annoying to listen to XM or a CD and find out that "Phone" is playing.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Drifting

acuranme: Sounds like its time for a firmware upgrade. PM/IM/Email me for details.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:03 AM
4th Gear

Ive had a similar problem. I have a T610 and once when I was getting in the car, i got an incoming call as the phone was linking with the car. Now the car is perpetually stuck in the "incoming call" mode and my audio system is muted for use of the phone. It has been like this for about two weeks. I have tried everything short of unplugging the battery. Does anyone have any suggestions on methods to fix the problem?

acuranme, whatd you do to get the phone working again?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Intermediate

Haveyou tried deleting you phone device and then go back and pair it up again?
Old 03-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

Common ailment

There are other threads that describe the similar problems with the phone locking up, or the phone system crashing etc. I had this lock up problem and the in use statement was constantly on the MID screen and the sound system muted as if a call was connected. I tried repairing, rebooting by turning off the car and restarting it. Nothing worked. Concerned that this was also draining the battery in the car I contacted my service dept. Brought the car in and they were able to disconnect the system so the sound system would play and the phone be in the off position. They ordered a new phone engage button for the steering wheel hoping this would correct the problem. It has been a week and everything appears fine. Time will tell. Moral of the story is that the problem is not phone related. It is Bluetooth system within the car related. Have your dealer order a new phone engage button and switch at the steering wheel. Good luck to everyone with the problem. It is very frustrating to have no music when you are driving around a boring client or worse, a long drive on a bumper to bumper freeway here in So CAL.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by ciscoeztl
Haveyou tried deleting you phone device and then go back and pair it up again?
I cant delete my phone, because none of the voice control works so I cant even get into any of the menus. Is there a way to get to the menus without using the voice control?

thanks for all the help
Old 03-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

I would try disconecting battery and turn on headlight switch to discharge the whole system and see if that unlocks the incoming call.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:51 PM
10th Gear

Bad bluetooth contoller VIN 3xxx

The exact same thing happened to me. After three trips to the dealer they finally replaced the Bluetooth module (it's near the front dome light). Don't bother with resetting battery etc. It'll clear the problem temporarily but it'll return.

More specifically, the problem occurred when I tried to dial a call while just coming out of my underground parking garage. The phone system would say 'Ferg's Phone cannot be used', but I'd press the cancel button halfway through the message. At that point the bluetooth would freeze for minutes, hours, or days.

The problem has not returned after the bluetooth controller module was replaced.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Advanced

Exact problem here after 3 days of ownership. I get the "non-responsive" symptom semi-frequently, but usually hitting "back" a few times clears it. However, today I tryed dialing from a GPS POI while it was acting up and it stuck on "Dialing XXX-XXX-XXXX. After several hours I went ahead and unhooked the battery. It's back up, but I sure hope this doesn't happen often, cuz it sucks big time.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Intermediate

I had similar problems with HFL. Last Thursday I got a call just when entering into my car. I let the phone ring, and started the car. Then the HFL started to sound the phone ring too and the MID showed "Incoming Call". So, I answered the phone using the HFL Talk Button. But, that did it and the HFL thing got stuck in "Incoming Call" and the audio system also was in mute mode. The system would not reset itself (as it had done a past couple of times) and there was no way but to drive with no audio or Handsfree. And since you get so used to the HFL, it not being available for a few days caused a lot of inconvenience. I called the dealer and got an appointment for this (Monday) morning.

The MID was always showing "Incoming Call" - even when engine was not running and there was no key in the starter! I was worried that it would drain the battery, but it didn't - even when the car was left like that for 48 hours!

I didn't drive the car over the weekend and this morning, when I started the car to go to the dealer, the HFL system reset itself and everything was working fine - as if nothing had ever happened! So, I didn't go to the dealer, but I am still planning to call them and have them replace the Bluetooth module.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Racer

2 other threads about the HFL issue

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77977

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78592
Old 05-12-2004, 06:07 PM
4th Gear

same thing happened to me.

undefined
Originally Posted by niravjsh
Ive had a similar problem. I have a T610 and once when I was getting in the car, i got an incoming call as the phone was linking with the car. Now the car is perpetually stuck in the "incoming call" mode and my audio system is muted for use of the phone. It has been like this for about two weeks. I have tried everything short of unplugging the battery. Does anyone have any suggestions on methods to fix the problem?

acuranme, whatd you do to get the phone working again?

Thanks
I had todisconnect the battery and the system came back. First try to hit the talk button on the HFL then the end button.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by deklund
I have a Z600 and occasionally it will indicate "Phone" on the display when I am not using it, also as though it was locked up. What I have found will bring it back is hitting the dial button on the steering wheel, then the end button on the steering wheel. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, working the buttons should clear it up.
Mine has done this twice now. I've had the car since 4 May. Working the buttons has, um, worked so far. I know my firmware is older but I don't know if an upgrade will fix the problem since it seems like a lot of people are having problems regardless of phone model.