Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hands free link-'07 TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hands free link-'07 TL-S

I recently purchased an 07 TL-S and of course the HFL doesnt work... BIG SURPRISE Well I called Acura North America and the guy i talked to said that they take note of every call that comes in and what the problem is. He also said that if it comes to large amounts of people all calling in around the same time like within a week Acura looks deeper into this and since it technically IS A SAFETY ISSUE it should be dealt with and recalled. Has anyone on here tried to start something on here trying to get this going? I know someone asked about starting a lawsuit will take a ton of time and money but have we just tried to have everyone call and complain at the same time? My husband and I own a repair shop ourselves so of course I dont take my car into the Acura dealership ever and the guy said that would "hurt" me for even trying to get it good willed.... We also have SEVERAL customers that have these cars and I always go out and see if their HFL works and NONE of them do. This is ridiculous because this IS a safety issue. He also said that using twitter and calling them out on twitter also gets a lot of attention because anyone that looks up acura can see all the complaints and it looks abad on their social media. Again, has anyone tried having people get Acuras attention that way?
Old 01-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,737 Likes on 6,740 Posts
Not new:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...azine%20recall
Old 01-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
the HFL is one of the weak point in the 3rd TL, some time its take a law suit to get manafacture attention and get recall orther wise they just pretend it never happen.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not really a safety issue

I just don't see this as a safety issue. That's why it won't get recalled. Unless someone blames the HFL for a dead battery, which I had happen, it's not a safety issue. It's an inconvenience, but not a safety issue. While I was dealing with this problem on my '05, it killed the battery only twice, both times, after not driving the car for more than three days. I replaced it in five minutes with a new one and the problem went away. Was I annoyed that an (at the time) eight year old electrical device went bad? Not really. Nothing lasts forever. The one in my 07 TL-S is original. If it died today, I would replace it as well. Speaking on the phone is not a necessary part of driving a car, so it will never get recalled as a safety issue. And if you don't want to pay 200 bucks for a new one, get a hands free at Wally World that clips to your visor for 30 bucks.
The following users liked this post:
thoiboi (01-20-2015)
Old 01-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Cruisin'

I know this isnt a new issue That wasnt my question! I ASKED if anyone has tried to get a lot of people to do something about it at the same time to get Acuras attention bc that is what the guy working at Acura said to do...

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Old 01-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Cruisin'

I just figured since the guy i talked to who works there said it takes a lot of people doing something about it at the same time it will get more attention and wondered if anyone tried getting something like that together.

Originally Posted by truonghthe
the HFL is one of the weak point in the 3rd TL, some time its take a law suit to get manafacture attention and get recall orther wise they just pretend it never happen.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Cruisin'

I do agree that it is not a necessity to talk on the phone and it is definitely an annoyance but even electrical components should keep working 8 years old or not. Seems like most of these cars other electrical components are still working and most of these HFL's are failing without cause. Its just so frustrating that they wont do a damn thing about it. When it is killing the battery is when it becomes a safety issue. Not everyone knows how to unplug it to keep from doing so.

Originally Posted by Jovinki
I just don't see this as a safety issue. That's why it won't get recalled. Unless someone blames the HFL for a dead battery, which I had happen, it's not a safety issue. It's an inconvenience, but not a safety issue. While I was dealing with this problem on my '05, it killed the battery only twice, both times, after not driving the car for more than three days. I replaced it in five minutes with a new one and the problem went away. Was I annoyed that an (at the time) eight year old electrical device went bad? Not really. Nothing lasts forever. The one in my 07 TL-S is original. If it died today, I would replace it as well. Speaking on the phone is not a necessary part of driving a car, so it will never get recalled as a safety issue. And if you don't want to pay 200 bucks for a new one, get a hands free at Wally World that clips to your visor for 30 bucks.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Drifting

Received 604 Likes on 476 Posts
Originally Posted by sara21tks
I just figured since the guy i talked to who works there said it takes a lot of people doing something about it at the same time it will get more attention and wondered if anyone tried getting something like that together.
You're right Sara...this is a common issue, as are cracked dashboards, failed auto trannys...it would take an organized effort for everyone who has hand the handsfree link issue to call/complain at the same time...pretty sure no one has organized that effort. They fail at different times, people just pay the 200 bucks for a new one and replace it in 5 mins.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
I know this is frustrating for electronic parts to go bad but I'm sure nothing is going to happen. We can complain on the forum all we want but in reality they'd need way more than just some forum ppl to issue a recall. I dont really see it as a big deal either, there isnt a safety issue involved so theres no incentive for acura to issue a recall that would make them lose money.