Great Car----- Great Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003 | 10:58 AM
Advanced

Great Car----- Great Dealership

Well I have to relay this story to you guys. I read in one of the other threads about a couple of guys who got rear ended already with minimal miles on their new cars and I thought I had them beat. My car was rear ended before I ever took possession of it!!!
"It goes like this right here": My WDP is finally in and having the ground effects installed today for pickup tonight. The salesman calls an hour ago and informs me of some bad news. Seems they found some damage to my rear bumper and they want to do whatever it is that will make me happy. They will get me a new bumper, they will fill the holes and have it repainted, they will get another bumper and have it painted to match.....whatever way I want it was fine they just wanted to make me happy. There seemed to be a little mincing of words as to what kind of damage there was or how serious etc so I asked what happened. Was it hurt in transit or a boo boo during the install or what? .....Seems the service guy put two holes in the bumper exactly 6 inches higher than they were supposed to be. Well I didnt get too pissed cuz I know every body makes dumb mistakes but still I was paying full price for the car and I REALLY wanted to drive the car home tonight. ANYWAY so we left it at that. . They would finish the install and I could pick the car up tonight and then come back when the new bumper came in to have it installed. A little inconvenient but the best in a bad situation I thought. WELL.... Salesdude-Shaun calls back 30 minute later. Says his service manager came up with another option to offer. Seems the holes were put in by mistake because the mechanic was starting to install the four holes needed for the back us sensors which I hadnt ordered. SO they offered to put in two more holes install the sensor system (for free) and if I dont like it when I pick it up they will order me a new bumper. I thought that was more than fair. (I have a feeling I will want to turn the damn thing off if its obnoxious in which case I will ask for a new bumoer or if the holes are too obvious I'll get the new bumper too but the take home message is that I felt like I was getting the kind of service that goes with this kind of car. So often you expect it and dont get it. Granted its not a Rolls Royce but it aint a used Kia either.
By the way, originally I was told the holes were for the back up camera and they would have installed that option which would have been even sweeter but either way I got a free option out of the deal......Now we'll have to see if I keep it.....
Old 11-19-2003 | 11:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Bummer, Hickdoc - but it sounds like they're treating you fairly. I think going with the sensor is the lesser of two evils as WDP is a very difficult color to match. Hopefully the backup sensor has a means of disabling it if you don't like it and it should be worth something at resale time. Keep us posted.
Old 11-19-2003 | 06:50 PM
Intermediate

I would really like the backup sensors but looking at the website it looked like they kind of stood out. Let me know how it looks when you get it. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2003 | 09:42 PM
Advanced

They are four pinky size holes with a neat trim piece rim around each. They really dont stand out and if they do they sort of beg the question "what are those for?" which in such a hi tech car is worth asking. Kind of like what that big circular plug in my front right bumper for???? Anyone know? Tow chain? The back up sensors are great they dont go off in reverse at all until you get pretty close to something so for normal function they are great. If you are about to get into trouble they let ya know. Just what you would want. Different sound if left or right as I understand it. Only go into the car tonight a couple hours ago. Not sure I would pay for it but am glad to have it ....especially for free. This car is all that I had hoped and expected. The music is great. The dash is frigging gorgeous as is the outside. I am just thrilled to death. The Navi is gonna take forever to get down with voice recog etc. but it sure is fun playing with it all. Enjoy guys. Jim