3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some emblems back.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see you guys are keeping this chrome project alive. I'm super happy with the way mine came out, so I know you guys will be, too, even though the project is different because you're doing it to your black TLs and mine is white. I'll be buying another stock brushed aluminum hood molding and sending it to my chromer because the TL-S black chrome doesn't quite match with the other pieces (the ones that I had chromed).
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Buda
Come on now, I've been keeping the thread up-to-date. Heck I was keeping it alive with many posts in a row. lol

I did get alex on the phone and let him know that I was serious and had ordered the parts. I sent him an email tonight about address and instructions. I'll follow up on the phone tomorrow if I don't hear back from him.

However trancemission may cause me to wait depending on what he is coming up with.

I'm also thinking of getting the mesh off the '07 and doing that same mod that one of the other members did in another thread.
LOL! I know, sorry man. That guy doesn't return phone calls, maybe my first one to him he did. I think he over-works himself with a lot of people's orders. That may explain the giant delay in finishing them.

So I was trying to think of another grill option, but the one with the grill emptied is coming up zero as far as finding someone who will do it!

What mesh mod are you talking about? PPLAPW's? Dammit Buda, you better not! LOL!!!

Keep me up to date man!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:05 AM
'06 AM A-SPEC TL w/NAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
I may be onto something new here. Stay Tuned..
He's coming today to fix some wheels at work.
He's going to do a set for me
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by reaXion
He's coming today to fix some wheels at work.
He's going to do a set for me
Who is? Alex or Ethan?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:47 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
woah... where have I been... these look awesome... I am already looking up the parts to order to try and get this done... I think it would look sick on my ride....

This is what you were talking about a few months ago isnt it Ethan??
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Who is? Alex or Ethan?
reaXion knows a guy who does static plating.

he is going to do a set of emblems and we are going to see how they turn out.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by jmbnova
This is what you were talking about a few months ago isnt it Ethan??
yeah but I think this guy is more trouble then hes worth. I only sent him two sets just to see how he would do then I was thinking maaaaaayyyybeee selling a few. He didnt do that bad of a job. So if we want to send him alot of work we have to consider vendor possiblities which one our members or I would have to volunteer for. Then having to deal with Alex on a contiual basis would be a pain in the ass..IMO So honestly Im not to hot on this idea.

This guy that reaXion is talking to might be a good thing. we will see.

Guys keep in mind that none of this is going to happen over night. We can not all of a sudden start sending business to someone until we see how many people are interested and who is willing to go through the work to get it done AND, most importantly, establish some vendor rights here at AcuraZine...

So give it some time. We'll figure something out. We have to look out for AZ and ourselves as well... I will not post any info on this guy until reaXion and I get together and see if its worth it to deal with him. If it is then Ill talk to reaXion about becoming a vendor for us.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
How may I help you.....?

yeah but I think this guy is more trouble then hes worth. I only sent him two sets just to see how he would do then I was thinking maaaaaayyyybeee selling a few. He didnt do that bad of a job. So if we want to send him alot of work we have to consider vendor possiblities which one our members or I would have to volunteer for. Then having to deal with Alex on a contiual basis would be a pain in the ass..IMO So honestly Im not to hot on this idea.

This guy that reaXion is talking to might be a good thing. we will see.

Guys keep in mind that none of this is going to happen over night. We can not all of a sudden start sending business to someone until we see how many people are interested and who is willing to go through the work to get it done AND, most importantly, establish some vendor rights here at AcuraZine...

So give it some time. We'll figure something out. We have to look out for AZ and ourselves as well... I will not post any info on this guy until reaXion and I get together and see if its worth it to deal with him. If it is then Ill talk to reaXion about becoming a vendor for us.
Awesome....

man, ever since I changed jobs and my work blocks AZ I feel completely out of the loop.... Gotta start working from home more like I am today!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Awesome....

man, ever since I changed jobs and my work blocks AZ I feel completely out of the loop.... Gotta start working from home more like I am today!!
OT: I'm going to try that Navi Hack you did tomorrow. Should it still work? Yeah, stay "in the loop" so I can get some suggestions if I need them! LOL!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 AM
How may I help you.....?

OT: I'm going to try that Navi Hack you did tomorrow. Should it still work? Yeah, stay "in the loop" so I can get some suggestions if I need them! LOL!
Imagine how good that Navi Hack will look with the BLACK CHROME EMBLEMS

lol... you got PM
Old 04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Imagine how good that Navi Hack will look with the BLACK CHROME EMBLEMS

lol... you got PM
Those emblems do look good...Halle Berry tho, no contest...lol!

I'm gonna wait on Ethan (read patiently) before I change my mind on this for the grill. More than the emblems, it's the cutting or body-colored grill that's the issue. I don't know, if Buda comes thru with Alex, then I may still use him (cursing under my breath). I know none of this makes sense to you Jeff, but reading the last few pages of this thread will help.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Awesome....

Dont worry Jeff. Ill keep ya in the loop...
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 AM
How may I help you.....?

Those emblems do look good...Halle Berry tho, no contest...lol!

I'm gonna wait on Ethan (read patiently) before I change my mind on this for the grill. More than the emblems, it's the cutting or body-colored grill that's the issue. I don't know, if Buda comes thru with Alex, then I may still use him (cursing under my breath). I know none of this makes sense to you Jeff, but reading the last few pages of this thread will help.
I'm catching up!!!

Dont worry Jeff. Ill keep ya in the loop...
That's why you are the man Ethan...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

That's why you are the man Ethan...
Only when he's not sleep!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
'06 AM A-SPEC TL w/NAV

Just came home from lunch and he is finishing up the wheels and my emblems are next. I should be going back here soon to check on them!

I can't wait!

Too bad I don't have my TL to put them on
Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Alex just emailed me back and said to send the parts in. I'll be dropping by FedEx today.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Starcraft II addict

Parts have been shipped to Alex and will get to him on Monday. Now I get to play the waiting game. It's going to be a hard wait. I now know how it can suck being the guinea pig for new mod idea. Atleast this one is on spare parts and not permanently modifying something on the car.

However I can't wait to see the results of the static plating. At least this gives everyone else 2 possible options for getting this done.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:32 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Parts have been shipped to Alex and will get to him on Monday. Now I get to play the waiting game. It's going to be a hard wait. I now know how it can suck being the guinea pig for new mod idea. Atleast this one is on spare parts and not permanently modifying something on the car.

However I can't wait to see the results of the static plating. At least this gives everyone else 2 possible options for getting this done.
It don't give us a damn thing until one of them produce! LOL!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Starcraft II addict

btw, darksom1, the additional grill mod I'm thinking about is in this thread
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

btw, darksom1, the additional grill mod I'm thinking about is in this thread
That's nice! Lot of work, but you are good like that Buda. If Alex works fast, I may still do this one though.

BTW, I debadged and now I have the 07 TLS tails! Rear sides this week!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's nice! Lot of work, but you are good like that Buda. If Alex works fast, I may still do this one though.

Pics. Now.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by brettallica
Pics. Now.
I gotta take some day time pics tomorrow, and then get me an image hosting site and bam! LOL! (Also, a car wash - rain!)
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Starcraft II addict

Yep, I should be able to do the grill area easy enough. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the lower grills though. I'll just start with the main grill mesh and see how it looks.

Can't wait to see the pics. The Rear sides are easy as heck to install. If you know how to take off the interior trim already it'll take 15 min max. I didn't know how and it took me 30 min for both as I had to play around some to get the trim off.

I've been considering a de-badge, depending on how the black chromed Emblems come out. Can't wait to see what yours looks like.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Starcraft II addict

Update

Alex got the parts yesterday. I emailed him on sunday to let him know that I forgot to send the trim above my license plate. I said I could ship it to him at any time, but wanted to make sure that the chroming of the "satin" look pieces are going to work.

He said that they have started working on one of the satin finish pieces today and will let me know how it turns out. If it's good, I'll send in the license plate trim.

Looks like things are moving along nicely.

Any word on the static plating?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Starcraft II addict

First of all sorry for the dup post. I posted this in the thread darksom1 has going about grills, but I know some people are following this thread so I'll post here to. I'll try to make sure not to do the dup post again.

They have successfully chromed 2 of the Satin pieces and will be adding color to them now. Which means I need to send in my license plate trim now. It's not cheap either but not outrageous. The cost for doing 5 emblems and 3 large pieces (not including the license plate trim) is $265. It would be cheaper for those not doing all those extra pieces that I'm having done. Also I think the '07 style is cheaper as it is already chromed and just needs to be colored.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Starcraft II addict

Hey guys, since a different thread was started for new grills I'll be posting updates on progress in this Thread. I do have another update from alex that I'll be posting there.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:54 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hey guys, since a different thread was started for new grills I'll be posting updates on progress in this Thread. I do have another update from alex that I'll be posting there.
All for grills, grills for all!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I edited my first post and put his link in there.

http://www.atlaschrome.com/aboutus.htm

Give him a call, his name is Alex. Just tell him that "the guy who sent you the emblems just told everyone about it" LOL

Dont know what he'll charge or how long it will take. Im just happy I found somebody that will plate plastic.

Its really hard to find Chroming places these days with all the chemicals they use and the EPA standards.

Doesn't this Alex guy have to become a vendor before we start sending Acurazine members and business his way????
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Cruisin'

anybody selling their 2007 tl " type S " emblem ?