Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got scammed by delsa-motorsport on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got scammed by delsa-motorsport on ebay

Basically, reading the forum, many people got a cheap ebay lip spoiler. So searching around on ebay, I decided to buy from delsa-motorsport as the price is pretty cheap and also has 4500+ positive ratings.

Here is the story.

I ordered my spoiler on June 6th and received the spoiler on the 11th. Upon inspection, there is a chip on the paint finish.

I quickly email the seller and the seller quickly responded. He asked me to take a picture and send him a copy. He said upon receiving the pictures, he will send out a replacement spoiler for me. So I quickly emailed him the pictures, and then there is a long "pause" in our communications.

I basically emailed him every week but he never responded. I KNOW he had been ignoring me because his ebay is still highly active, and he still had been leaving feedbacks for people's purchases.

So after four weeks (early Aug), he decided to respond. He basically said sorry for the delay and he sent out the replacement spoiler.

Then I waited and waited but still no spoiler (even at this date).

So after two weeks, I decided to email him again. Of course, he never responded. I threatened to file a complaint on ebay or paypal; he still never responded.

Then I realized he must been purposely ignoring me to extend the time to over 45 days, so I cannot go through paypal to force a refund.

So yeah...
Basically I went ahead and filed a complaint to ebay and paypal, and of course he never responded.

I guess I have been scammed, and I'm just furious. Sometimes it's not about the money wasted ($100 in this case). It just the feeling of getting scammed that's making me furious.

So is there anything I can do to get my money or spoiler back?

And guys, be careful of delsa-motorsport on ebay.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ck25
Basically, reading the forum, many people got a cheap ebay lip spoiler. So searching around on ebay, I decided to buy from delsa-motorsport as the price is pretty cheap and also has 4500+ positive ratings.

Here is the story.

I ordered my spoiler on June 6th and received the spoiler on the 11th. Upon inspection, there is a chip on the paint finish.

I quickly email the seller and the seller quickly responded. He asked me to take a picture and send him a copy. He said upon receiving the pictures, he will send out a replacement spoiler for me. So I quickly emailed him the pictures, and then there is a long "pause" in our communications.

I basically emailed him every week but he never responded. I KNOW he had been ignoring me because his ebay is still highly active, and he still had been leaving feedbacks for people's purchases.

So after four weeks (early Aug), he decided to respond. He basically said sorry for the delay and he sent out the replacement spoiler.

Then I waited and waited but still no spoiler (even at this date).

So after two weeks, I decided to email him again. Of course, he never responded. I threatened to file a complaint on ebay or paypal; he still never responded.

Then I realized he must been purposely ignoring me to extend the time to over 45 days, so I cannot go through paypal to force a refund.

So yeah...
Basically I went ahead and filed a complaint to ebay and paypal, and of course he never responded.

I guess I have been scammed, and I'm just furious. Sometimes it's not about the money wasted ($100 in this case). It just the feeling of getting scammed that's making me furious.

So is there anything I can do to get my money or spoiler back?

And guys, be careful of delsa-motorsport on ebay.
I realized I made a mistake but couldn't edit anymore.

I meant after four weeks (early July)...

So the last time I heard from him is in early July. :p
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Can't do anything besides wait for the dispute to end, and/or he responds back. Try getting his personal information and giving him a call. I feel ya man, I've gotten scammed on ebay before. Not only does it suck major balls, but you don't even get all your money back. Ebay takes some money out for their time.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Instructor

That sucks, but at least you got something. Unfortunately, people get scammed much worse all the time.
Maybe you can touch the chip up?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
They're known to screw people over, there's a thread somewhere on here saying to stay away from that vendor.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
9th Gear

Nail the bum.

Use the PayPal dispute resolution process. It works and it stings unethical sellers. I used it when a guy sold me an "almost brand new" bike that wasn't exactly. Took a while with emails and explanations, and even a call with a PayPal rep, but I got some cash back on their insurance policy and that seller is no longer around.

You already have the emails and photos, the rest is forms and process that's pretty easy. I say go after the a$$hole and let him know you won't go away and this stuff is unacceptable.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 PM
10th Gear

i got scammed once before. basically i was buying the prelude airbag for my buddy for 500 something and that motherfucker closed his account after i sent the payment. i filed a claim on it and have only gotten 220 back. it been almost a year and i still havnt gotten my full refund back yet. sometimes i just get pissed off at ebay/paypal for not being able to refund people's hard-earned money. and i kinda stopped dealing with ebay crap because it is a scam itself hahah
Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
don't give up.. he screwed u over, it's time u show him wussup.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 AM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Patience will allow you to screw this buyer...
Old 08-08-2007, 03:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
They're known to screw people over, there's a thread somewhere on here saying to stay away from that vendor.
Yup. See posts #3 and #30 in this thread: Just ordered deck lid spoiler from Ebay
Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Real simple I sure hope you know never to use ur bank account and always use a credit card... call your credit card company file a dispute that way.... simple form... wost comes to worst they give you an address to return the item to... you mail the items to paypal not to the seller... ur card co will refund the money asap... if you used a bank account stay on the paypal dispute... if he doesn't act on it they will send you an e-mail to return the item... but at that rate u might as well get some touch up paint
Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The reason I use my AMEX card for all online purchases. They WILL fight tooth and nail, and I WILL get my $ back.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Advanced

I just got a lip spoiler from delsa...I could have painted it better, but I can't complain since it was $37.50
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
Real simple I sure hope you know never to use ur bank account and always use a credit card... call your credit card company file a dispute that way.... simple form... wost comes to worst they give you an address to return the item to... you mail the items to paypal not to the seller... ur card co will refund the money asap... if you used a bank account stay on the paypal dispute... if he doesn't act on it they will send you an e-mail to return the item... but at that rate u might as well get some touch up paint
Paypal will eventually suspend your account if you go over their heads every time you have a problem. I bypassed paypal and did a charge back through my credit card once. Paypal called me complaining the very next day. I think it was for around $100 on suspension parts...
Old 08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 94eg!
Paypal will eventually suspend your account if you go over their heads every time you have a problem. I bypassed paypal and did a charge back through my credit card once. Paypal called me complaining the very next day. I think it was for around $100 on suspension parts...
dude did you get your cash back though? cuz if you did then my point is well taken
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have already filed a complaint through ebay and paypal. I'll just have to see how it goes.

I think the seller's delay was all "planned". He probably knows once the time passes a certain number of days, I cannot force a refund through paypal and also cannot stop the payment through my credit card company.

Anyways...
It's just funny because the seller's ebay site says "he will respond in within 12 HOURS."
Old 08-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
if you file a complaint thru paypal, they will put the money on hold till it is resolved. it tends to work more often than not because the seller wants their money. i did that sucessfully a couple times. my rule of thumb is, if i dont receive the item within 2 weeks, then i email them and if no response in 48 hrs, file a dispute. ive sold a number of items on ebay and the buyer always received the item within a week. just my

that def sucks about the scamage
Old 08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
if you file a complaint thru paypal, they will put the money on hold till it is resolved.
They can only do that if the seller still has enough money in his paypal and/or linked accounts. If the seller is very active on eBay, this shouldn't be a problem. If the seller doesn't have a constant active paypal income and no linked bank accounts with funds in them, paypal can't do squat to get your money and a charge-back through your credit card company might be necessary.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Instructor

I just phoned my credit card company and tried to stop the payment from there.

Unfortunately, like I expected, they couldn't help me since I already paid my statement, which is a June one. But I also filed a dispute through my credit card too, so I have three open disputes going against this merchant: ebay, paypal, and my MC.

Like I said, when I realized I should file a dispute, everything was kind of late: I already paid my MC bill and the 45 days deadline to force a refund through paypal has passed.

So I really believe this gay merchant has been ignoring me and delaying things with a "purpose".
Old 08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, over 30days. If they warranty 30days then you're f***ed. NO REFUND period, if they did not mention about 30days then you have a chance. If you think about it. You received the product and use for 45 days. Paypal would ask you why didnt file right away? Think about it. !!!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Instructor

If I remember correctly, you have to wait sometime before you can file a dispute. I'm not sure if thats how it is now, but when I filed a dispute, they made me wait awhile before they would actually process the dispute. Ebay would rather you settle everything before they actually get involved.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vinha916
Wow, over 30days. If they warranty 30days then you're f***ed. NO REFUND period, if they did not mention about 30days then you have a chance. If you think about it. You received the product and use for 45 days. Paypal would ask you why didnt file right away? Think about it. !!!
I know I got screwed.

Before, I just thought I shouldn't be an ass and file a dispute after two weeks because I did receive my product and they did promise to give me a replacement.

Then...

Just when I'm about to file a dispute (after one month when I initially paid), the seller replied and said he shipped out the item.

Then I basically waited for a week or two, thinking they might need to "make" the spoiler and then "ship" it. That's 45 days.

So now thinking about it, I'm even pissed at the seller because I was basically being "framed" into this scam.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 94eg!
They can only do that if the seller still has enough money in his paypal and/or linked accounts. If the seller is very active on eBay, this shouldn't be a problem. If the seller doesn't have a constant active paypal income and no linked bank accounts with funds in them, paypal can't do squat to get your money and a charge-back through your credit card company might be necessary.
if there is no money in paypal, paypal will make your balance negative, forcing you to fix the negative balance before paying for anything else. a buyer did that to me once, i tried to refund his money, but i couldnt use my paypal till the balance was $0 or above.