Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got pulled over again!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ndabunka
Nice demonstration of respect there kid. Thanks for your post. Although not your original intent, this brings a smile to my face because it appears that you got what you deserve.
+1

Pulled over 12 times and this is your FIRST ticket and you're only 23 years old? Those are good odds, but based on your post, I hope those odds tilt in favor of the LEO over the future.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice demonstration of respect there kid. Thanks for your post. Although not your original intent, this brings a smile to my face because it appears that you got what you deserve. I think the $54 ticket is the least of your issues as bringing that car into compliance (tint-wise) will porbably cost you more.
sorry old man. i just thought it was funny how i was going below the speed limit and i get pulled over for this when a month ago i got pulled over for speeding 10 over the limit and the cop didnt give me a ticket or say anything about the license plate or tints......things always even out i guess i won one thing and i lost another
Old 01-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Racer

I think it sucks that California DMV apperently takes so long to get you the plates in the first place. Then the cops hassle you for riding around without plates?

In NY you can get a new car with plates the same DAY. Does not take weeks or months. Not clear if the delay here is the OP had one plate destroyed in an accident and/or had personalized plates.

Is it typical to buy a new car in California and wait months for plates?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by kappa821
sorry old man. i just thought it was funny how i was going below the speed limit and i get pulled over for this when a month ago i got pulled over for speeding 10 over the limit and the cop didnt give me a ticket or say anything about the license plate or tints......things always even out i guess i won one thing and i lost another
It is or is it not a violation in New Jersey to not have a front plate?

THAT'S why you got pulled over and you were properly ticketed.

For the future, the "old man" comment was not necessary. Respect your elders is what my parents told me and I do 'til this day.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tripp11
It is or is it not a violation in New Jersey to not have a front plate?

THAT'S why you got pulled over and you were properly ticketed.

For the future, the "old man" comment was not necessary. Respect your elders is what my parents told me and I do 'til this day.

didnt you call me a kid.......i could fight a war but still am a kid....sorry for the old man comment i do respect my elders
Old 01-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Newbie for Life

didnt you call me a kid.......
Uhhhh, no.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Most cops are fucked up high school drop outs. Never once in my life have seen any cop fights crimes. However, they are good at fucking with doughnuts and writing tickets to good citizens.

Originally Posted by ubond007
So I'm driving down the street (Van Nuys Blvd. in Sherman Oaks for all you SoCal members) and next thing you know the flashing lights and spotlights from behind. Two cops come up from either side. As soon as he steps up to the driver window I tell him its a new car and point out the temp registration on the windshield. He was really cool and said he didnt see it from behind but would like to see my insurance and license. So after looking at it he says all is good. Then the other cop on my passenger side asks me when I bought the car. After I tell him a month ago he questions why I don't have the plates yet. I told him that the dealership told me the temp registration is good for 60-90 days since the DMV sometimes takes a while. He says NO WAY its only good for 30 days. Incidentally they pulled me over in front of Keyes Acura and I told him if he didn't believe me to go inside and ask. Instead he reaches for the temp sticker and I ask him what are you doing? He says he needs to look at it. I tell him the way they put the sticker on you can see the VIN and date of purchase what else do you need to see. He peels it off anyways and looks at if forever. finally he says alright all good and puts the sticker down on my seat and tells me to make sure to have the sticker in the car at all times incase i get pulled over. Thats when my sarcasm and anger comes out and I tell him that s why the stickers on the windshield in the first place!!!!! This is now the third time in 2 weeks I've been pulled over!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Uhhhh, no.
Nice demonstration of respect there kid. Thanks for your post. Although not your original intent, this brings a smile to my face because it appears that you got what you deserve. I think the $54 ticket is the least of your issues as bringing that car into compliance (tint-wise) will porbably cost you more.

However, kappa821, if it's a violation to not have a front license plate in your area, then you can't really complain, regardless of how many times you've been given a break before. Just be glad that you've only gotten 1 ticket instead of 12.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Blazin with your Moms in

Thats not the same thing. I was complaining that after being pulled over and showing proper Id and proof of insurance i was still harassed and questioned about my temp registration. I am not so much upset that they pulled me over because I understand how my car looks.

PC Version
"You wouldn't happen to be a person of color would you?"

Hood Version
"Are you black?"
Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Racer

Uhhhh, no.

uhhhh, yes

you didnt me kid but the other guy did......whatever i make a comment about my story this morning while everyone else is making comments about cops but whatever

i also do find that most cops are punks from high school my personal experience
Old 01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by levon1830
However, kappa821, if it's a violation to not have a front license plate in your area, then you can't really complain, regardless of how many times you've been given a break before. Just be glad that you've only gotten 1 ticket instead of 12.

yea i agree i was commenting on the fact that this time i was under the speed limit.......like i said everything usually evens out in life whether more tickets or just bad luck
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Wink

Originally Posted by icompose2
That's a fine lookin ride. ubond007
It sure is ! But is does look very dark and menacing.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
i think its funny how i saw this thread the same day i got a ticket for no license plate in the front....freaking pig was pulling out of a dunkin donuts and saw me driving.....he says he pulled me over for tints and no license plate.......i have gotten pulled over 12 times for numerous things and the first ticket i get is no license plate freaking oink oink........54 dollars........freaking hater
I know. Doesnt that just suck? Stupid cops should have made you pay for the more serious issues and let the license plate slide.

act like a whining ungrateful brat, and you will be treated as such.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Yeah, a lot of cops are cool... When I lived in LA, we were at a 7-11. There were a bunch of LAPD parked there having some snacks...

One of the cops walked up to us, and said that he noticed that the tints looked to be too dark, the front euro-plate was illegal, and he thinks the exhaust might be too loud. I thought we were going to be in for some tickets, but he said that he didn't care to enforce stuff like that, as long as we aren't doing anything stupid. He also said that we should still be careful because he said, "I know of a few CHiPies that would hassle you over those".

Lomeda PD is a different story tho.... I could start a whole 'nother thread on that
Old 01-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Instructor

*sarcasm on* Wow, I just hate cops when they pull people over for something they the have or do not have on their vehicles when they know its illegal to have or not have *sarcasm off*.

Come on people, you know if something is illegal to have or not to have on a car, so why do those things and take the risk of getting pulled over? If choose to risk it by doing something illegal then why do you whine and complain about cops when they are doing their job?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

So I'm driving down the street (Van Nuys Blvd. in Sherman Oaks for all you SoCal members) and next thing you know the flashing lights and spotlights from behind. Two cops come up from either side. As soon as he steps up to the driver window I tell him its a new car and point out the temp registration on the windshield. He was really cool and said he didnt see it from behind but would like to see my insurance and license. So after looking at it he says all is good. Then the other cop on my passenger side asks me when I bought the car. After I tell him a month ago he questions why I don't have the plates yet. I told him that the dealership told me the temp registration is good for 60-90 days since the DMV sometimes takes a while. He says NO WAY its only good for 30 days. Incidentally they pulled me over in front of Keyes Acura and I told him if he didn't believe me to go inside and ask. Instead he reaches for the temp sticker and I ask him what are you doing? He says he needs to look at it. I tell him the way they put the sticker on you can see the VIN and date of purchase what else do you need to see. He peels it off anyways and looks at if forever. finally he says alright all good and puts the sticker down on my seat and tells me to make sure to have the sticker in the car at all times incase i get pulled over. Thats when my sarcasm and anger comes out and I tell him that s why the stickers on the windshield in the first place!!!!! This is now the third time in 2 weeks I've been pulled over!!!
Looking at your avatar pic... I know what the problem is.

Your car looks like a gangster car.. or a Pimp car... Totally looks like a gangster car .. That's why they pulled you over. Look at it... It looks so suspicious.

Mine is black too... and no mods, and no cops even ever think about pulling me over coz mine look so corporate... Like I'm a CEO of a company. They still don't pull me over when I drive fast.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
DISCLAIMER Info on this post is not intended to accuse or alledge anything about anyone- its just based on years of knowing LE Officers from hanging around the racetrack and getting a feel of their mindset while on the job

Agree with Meowcat

A brand new Black TL tricked out - especially the no plates - paper reg cars, means to the Officer:
This is either stolen, full of stolen parts or driven by someone involved in drug sales.
How else could someone spend that kind of money in modifications on a brand new car??? Its out of the parameters of normal behavior- most people are in leases and cant modify or they are broke after intial down payment on a purchase plan

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lets have a chat with him, see if he acts high in any way, take a good whiff inside the car, you boys smokin anything today? Anything in the car I should know about?
Papers all match numbers, name matches registration, you know what your name is.?........
Is your answer the same when asked again 10 minutes later?

Its a well planned game designed to see if anything really wrong is going on.
Maybe they just take 30 minutes to teach you a lesson!

And they do catch a lot of bad guys driving stolen cars. stolen plates, heavily armed etc.
Welcome to 2007 America
If you think this is bad just wait

SPOILER ALERT
The government of the USA is not meeting is goals of volunteer numbers for the ARMY, they lowered it from 7000 per month to 700 thats seven hundred! and wow- they got 708 in December
In the Address the other night GW said 90,000 more troops needed in the next 5 years
So if you are 17-25, there is a thing called The Draft, in place-ready to go on a moments notice, ask you dads or granddads about the draft
You all may be seeing the Middle East real soon!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, what is the truth? You had the car for a month in August of 06 or you had an accident two months prior to being stopped on the 28th of August 06? Nowadays in California it takes about two weeks for your plates (and registration) to arrive. That is why the cop told you the temp reg is only good for 30 days.

If you were transferring personalized plates from one car to another, then I apologize for questioning your answers to the officers, because I do not know how long that takes.

A computer check of the VIN would have told them when the application for plates was initiated and confirmed your story. You may have gotten off even better than you think.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Team Owner

Meowcat

Its always a good plan to not argue or debate with the Officer

Your statement of- you can see the vin and date of purchase -did not go a long way to showing your cooperation.

As you now understand- there is more info on that tag-

We have a problem with theft of the year sticker of the license plate, most often near the end of a month
So Police check the number on the sticker to see if it matches the one on the reg paper

Surprise! Many busted that way
Old 01-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Code3forJC
So, what is the truth? You had the car for a month in August of 06 or you had an accident two months prior to being stopped on the 28th of August 06? Nowadays in California it takes about two weeks for your plates (and registration) to arrive. That is why the cop told you the temp reg is only good for 30 days.

If you were transferring personalized plates from one car to another, then I apologize for questioning your answers to the officers, because I do not know how long that takes.

A computer check of the VIN would have told them when the application for plates was initiated and confirmed your story. You may have gotten off even better than you think.
Yes I was pulled over a month after having the car and yes I was transferring personalized plates. As far as him saying the temp is only good for 30 days is false. My rant about him peeling it off my windshield to see the back of the sticker was a waste. The only thing on the back of the sticer that is not visible is where its says, "This is good for 90 days from purchase." Of course the purchase date is clearly visible next to the VIN # on the sticker. Thats why I was mad because he obviously had no clue about what he was saying!

As far as me not cooperating I was very nice and polite until they hassled me about this. Like I keep saying I'm not they pulled me over because I understand how my car looks and such, but when you show proof of who you are and that the car is legally registered to you and they stilll question you thats when I have a problem!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Team Owner

I guess you are not aware of the use of scanners to make fake tags, fake red temp tags etc. And would you believe that some people even turn the red tag upside down to make a 6 a 9 and keep driving with no actual registration- probably no insurance either
You probbaly only have the small folded up white paper in the front window- correct?
If you are on a red tag- the front windshield is not listed on the approved places- they are listed right on the back of the paper!

Just like money- the feel of the paper and other things you are unaware of- can be checked by looking at the entire paper. Its also a great way to test the drivers reaction- if there is a problem- there will be one.

Now that the locals know about you- it may be time to change your route for a while till the car looks legal
Old 01-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Intermediate

Ubond007, cool looking ride. I also have NBP but the only mod I have is a baby seat in the back seat. Since you know that your car stands out just be prepared to be pulled over and have your ID/reg info squared away. It's the price you pay for having a high profile car. Contine to be polite and cooperative and you'll be on your way quicker. Most cops are just doing their job. Getting your plates will probably cut down on the traffic stops too. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Racer

Yes I was pulled over a month after having the car and yes I was transferring personalized plates.
Interesting. When I bought my TL the dealer transfered my plates to my new car same day. They were not peronalized plates though. A friend of mine just bought a new car and again the dealer moved the plates to the new car.

Really not that fair that CA cant do this process in less then 3 months. Then the police hassle you cause you have temp tags.

Also sucks the cop either doesn't really know the rules about temp tags or just was being a jerk.

When I was 17 I got pulled over for doing 46 in a 45. I was in a K car. This car would not attract attention.

Anyway the stupid cop (yes he was stupid) said I clocked you at 46 in a 30. I said you clocked me at 46 in a 45. If you would like to write me a ticket for 1 over go ahead.

He said by the way those don't work pointing to my radar detector. I was probably doing 55 when it went off and I slowed down.

He was on a side street that was infact 30 but, I was on the main road which was 45. He was actually semi hidden by a 45 mph speed limit sign.

I think he thought he could scare me or something. Either that or he figured out he was wrong.

Never did write me the ticket.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Now that I have had my plates for a few months I have not been pulled over. Fortunately everything on my car except for the taillight tint is legal. The tint is not that dark and you can still clearly see the brake lights even during the day so cops never bother me.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:30 AM
RIP 06 TL

I live in so cal...I have been running no plates/paper plates for 6-8 mos now..ha
Just got to keep your ride clean and they wont hassle you. When my black 20's come in next week it might be a different story though !
But there are a lot of tricked out rides where I live, everyone seems to just use the paper plates from where they got their ride tricked out...White motorsports, Jstar motors etc (for those of u so cal folks)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jcondon
Interesting. When I bought my TL the dealer transfered my plates to my new car same day. They were not peronalized plates though. A friend of mine just bought a new car and again the dealer moved the plates to the new car.
Did you buy your car in cash? Usually, (bought cars from three different states), it takes so long because in order to get plates assigned to your car because the DMV needs owner information to complete the registration. If you financed your car, you aren't technically the owner, the bank is. The bank would need to send over the lien information to the DMV. This is the part that takes so long. Unless you buy the car in cash, they can't just "move the plates over", because it's the registration that takes time, not the issuing of plates. If you did finance the car, and they dealer simply "moved your plates", they probably just did that in anticipation of getting registration to reflect that, but chances are, if you would've gotten pulled over (I'm assuming the dealer didn't actually give you the registration), you would've gotten hassled. But chances are, you wouldn't get pulled over unless doing something stupid.

When I got my cars, I sped the process up, by simply working closer with the financial institution... I bought my car from out of state, but when I was at the bank signing papers, this is how it went:

Bank faxes papers to be signed to dealer... This is good enough to close the deal, but physical papers are being fed-exed overnight.

Meanwhile, the bank faxes papers to the DMV to start the process. Real documents are fed-exed when they arrive. End result, I was able to get my plates in 3-4 days.

In my previous experience, when I just had the dealer do it all, it always took anywhere from 1 to 2 months... I have a coworker, where it actually took almost 3 months.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Instructor

eh in la they always pull over people the min they see no license plates, bc everyone wants to be cool and drives without them till they get pulled over. not in your case tho
Old 01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by avs007
Did you buy your car in cash? Usually, (bought cars from three different states),
I paid half (about) in cash / check and financed the rest. I did not get the title then and there but, did get my plates moved over. I live in NY and bought in NY so no out of state issues to deal with. When I left the lot I had my old plates.

Can not remeber if I had a temp reg or not though.