3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my TL deposit back, bought an Accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 11:51 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura is more upscale, they'll make a lot more tl's with NAV.
After all, they r making $$$ on it...
Accord is more run of the mill every day Joe car, so not much depand for NAV there..
Old 09-28-2003, 02:41 AM
4th Gear

The Accord is not even in the same league as the TL and it's ugly rear end is hideous. There are some huge differences when spending some time behind the wheel of both cars. The TL feels substantially more solid, luxurious and quieter. Handling is no competition. And as much as Acura has been slammed in the past for its perception as a value-priced near luxury name plate, you are paying for the "snob" appeal of a luxury brand. If Honda meant for the TL to be an affordably price family sedan to the masses, they would have just called it the Accord instead. Totally different demographics and its about time Honda started pricing their product more in line with a luxury brand that is worthy of its reputation and not sell itself short by playing the bargain luxury game.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:25 AM
Instructor

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=180&n=157
Old 09-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Intermediate

That's a pretty interesting article, but it raised a few questions.

1. It says the 2004 Accord coupe has electronic throttle (like the 2004 TL). Is that true, and does that mean the 2004 Accord sedan has it as well?

2. Is the 3.0L V6 in the Accord similar to the 3.0L V6 in my 1997 Acura CL? If so, they seemed to have gotten ALOT of mileage out of that engine design. (I noticed they have the same displacement, 2997 cc)

The 3.0L engine is an eight-year old design, lasting through three-generations of Acura/Honda cars. I imagine a change must be coming soon. Without getting too ahead of myself, I have a feeling the 2005 Honda Accord will get the Acura 3.2L engine, and the 2005 Acura might get the new 3.5L engine that's purportedly in development.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Instructor

3.5 would be definitely a good addition..
Old 10-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
... cars are becoming so WELL BUILT and with BMW and Benz and Jaguar going down-market, lines are blurring between what is and what is not luxury.
Very good point!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From my stand point, Acura/Honda has lost a customer .. I'm on my 3rd Acura vehicle and for the most part .. been happy with them (except for the flawed-design tranny and warping rotors) .... However, Acura's problem with the TL, in my account, is the opposite of what people are writing here .. for the price of the Acura, I'd rather spend a bit more and buy a real - lux vehicle .. Lexus/Beamer/etc and skip the Acura and their recent questionable quality .. as far as the TL's twin, the TSX, I have no use for a 4 door sedan with a 4-banger in it .. what's the point? I don't grocery shop that often .. and the RL is flat out BORING .. I don't think Acura could make that car any more boring than it is. As far as the Accord, I just don't care for that "almost station wagon" look it has with the high truck deck lid ..

Honda has their work cut out for them .. I just hope they do a far better job with their buyer demographics than they did with the 2nd Gen CL/TL (can we say totally missed the boat on who their buyer was) .. and I hope they add some spice to their advertising .. it is almost as boring as the RL. Good luck Acura .. but my money won't be helping you work your way out of this ..
Old 10-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Divindude
From my stand point, Acura/Honda has lost a customer .. I'm on my 3rd Acura vehicle and for the most part .. been happy with them (except for the flawed-design tranny and warping rotors) .... However, Acura's problem with the TL, in my account, is the opposite of what people are writing here .. for the price of the Acura, I'd rather spend a bit more and buy a real - lux vehicle .. Lexus/Beamer/etc and skip the Acura and their recent questionable quality .. as far as the TL's twin, the TSX, I have no use for a 4 door sedan with a 4-banger in it .. what's the point? I don't grocery shop that often .. and the RL is flat out BORING .. I don't think Acura could make that car any more boring than it is. As far as the Accord, I just don't care for that "almost station wagon" look it has with the high truck deck lid ..

Honda has their work cut out for them .. I just hope they do a far better job with their buyer demographics than they did with the 2nd Gen CL/TL (can we say totally missed the boat on who their buyer was) .. and I hope they add some spice to their advertising .. it is almost as boring as the RL. Good luck Acura .. but my money won't be helping you work your way out of this ..
Would you take the new TL at a lower price, then. Say, $30-31K? Isn't the reason that you bought the Acura still valid, that is, it is more reliable than the Bimmer? I wouldn't consider the TL and TSX twins. I think one is a step up from the other. I agree that the RL is boring, and the Accord looks weird from behind. But isn't the Lexus GS just as boring looking? I cannot find a single exciting Lexus. They are quality, but not exciting. Which bimmer would you buy instead of the TL?
Old 10-08-2003, 04:20 PM

If u think the GS is as boring to look at as an RL, u have 2 glass eyes.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Divindude

Dont Worry, Acura wont be missing your business..

Just recently the TSX helped set records for highest gross sales during some month of this year..

The new Accord also set a record..

Now the TL, will probably sell like CRAZY!

Whatever Honda/Acura is doing, its working, it may not suit our preferences, but again its a business, and whatever makes more profit is what gets done