Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Caught By The Police On AcuraZine

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:10 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vincethe1
thing is though, when i posted this here i did it beause i know i watch vids on youtube of people doin stupid stuff, and crashing....most of the time we see it and put up a stupid comment or laugh at them..but it's kinda like you learn from their mistakes bacause you see better what can happen.

in this case, the only reason i posted it is to show people my mishap on the road...in order for people to rethink driving in the rain or snow....i sure wasn't doing it to try and incriminate myself lol

i thought even if the police had seen this by some miracle, they wouldn't bother with me and my stupidity, i was obviously wrong... although it makes me wonder, some people on that thread took the baching to some extent and even called me some names....makes me wonder if one of our fellow members might have called the "North Las Vegas" police department, becasue they can see where i live in my avatar, and told them around the cross streets of where it happened, because that was in one of my pictures.....mabe that, or it was a coincidence that an officer found this, and it happened to be exactly in his juresdiction....idk, but this whole thing still bothers me
Chill, it's ok kid. the important thing is you learned from the act and won't do it again right? Cool...but your ass is lying! hahahahaha...just fucking witcha Vince!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:16 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
BTW - I can't see how there is any "Privacy" concern. This is a totally public forum; anybody can visit and read what is here if they have an internet connection.

Posting something here is no more "private" than posting something on a bulletin board at the local laundry mat.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:26 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
BTW - I can't see how there is any "Privacy" concern. This is a totally public forum; anybody can visit and read what is here if they have an internet connection.

Posting something here is no more "private" than posting something on a bulletin board at the local laundry mat.
All the cops know everyone in NC anyway Bear! So you guys are ok. Hahahaha!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 PM
East Coast Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since you admitted it to the cops, he would have the right to give you a ticket. If you just play dumb, he wouldn't have been able to do anything because there was no proof that it was your car and no proof that you were the driver.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Small Word and it just goes to show you that whomever your talking to in the internet world might be someone else when it comes to the real world. I'm with trance though very touch one to buy into
Old 12-08-2007, 02:17 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by visuelz
Well since you admitted it to the cops, he would have the right to give you a ticket. If you just play dumb, he wouldn't have been able to do anything because there was no proof that it was your car and no proof that you were the driver.
he kinda had proof, he saw the pictures and my whole explenation....
Old 12-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by THTL
its a small world after all....
Could it be you?

Originally Posted by trancemission
either way vince I think you learned a lesson here.

Ill let this thread go till tomorrow.

werd.
oh & IBTL
Old 12-08-2007, 02:20 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by Evader
Small Word and it just goes to show you that whomever your talking to in the internet world might be someone else when it comes to the real world. I'm with trance though very touch one to buy into
i wasn't buying it eather when my mom woke me up and told me to go outside becasue a cop is there and wants to know about me hittin a tree.....i was like, that's impossible..big coincidence i guess....but then again, anything can happen, so next time you ask a question of "how fast have you gone in your TL" don't post vids or pics becasuse it might lead to your conviction.

i wonder if all the street races posted on youtube incriminates any of the ppl that posted em......
Old 12-08-2007, 02:30 AM
3.2 VTEC

i mean i know there are people out there on myspace and other dating sites that are child malesters and what not...and its a very good way to stop crime....but i would of never thought that this would come remotely close for someone to bother with...i guess there is people on every forum watching what's going on...interasting thing though is that i've never heard of that happen before on this forum, or any car talk forum at that.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

You misinterpret private vs public. This site is not subsidized by the government, thus it's not a public domain.

In the court of law, this case will NOT have validity. You cannot, repeat cannot, show up at anyone door steps claiming such a story as the mentioned claim, without a warrant to do so. There is a procedure to trace an online user, besides, anyone, for example like me or you, could of made that post with comments and pictures, this means they will show up at my door?

Something is fishy, no one was hurt, except the tree. And this cop was not a detective, but a uniform.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:14 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
You misinterpret private vs public. This site is not subsidized by the government, thus it's not a public domain.

In the court of law, this case will NOT have validity. You cannot, repeat cannot, show up at anyone door steps claiming such a story as the mentioned claim, without a warrant to do so. There is a procedure to trace an online user, besides, anyone, for example like me or you, could of made that post with comments and pictures, this means they will show up at my door?

Something is fishy, no one was hurt, except the tree. And this cop was not a detective, but a uniform.
ahm, yes, i hit a tree......and ran i guess, or jst drove away since i knew the tree wouldn't go after me, or write down my licence plate.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:16 AM
3.2 VTEC

the tree wasn't hurt eather, just one of it's wooden supports.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
alright come on now, haha very funny , you scared the kid shit less. he learned his lesson now if u are a member here don't be a puss. hopefully no po po will come knocking on my door
Old 12-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
hehe, you made me laugh, no the tree wouldn't go after you

I hit a lane divider ones in a highway, it was ice and snowy, my car just span out, the divider didn't chase me either

I don't know Vince, the only way he would of been able to legally deal with you if some reason there was a video tape running, and it caught you in the shot, maybe the cop lives there? (near the tree, lol) Destruction of public/private property. And he CAN'T give you a ticket based on what you've posted, dismiss it with ease.

Good Luck, and me off to work peace.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:25 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by INSPIRE 32V
alright come on now, haha very funny , you scared the kid shit less. he learned his lesson now if u are a member here don't be a puss. hopefully no po po will come knocking on my door
u're safe, u're far away....but don't push him...lol
Old 12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
ED - ZACHERY!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Pro

The pics and written statements made by Vince here are admissions against self interest, which can be used in a court of law to impugn him if and when he denies liability. see link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declara...ainst_interest.
Vince, you are dead!! But thanks for posting "entertaining" and "educational" stuff for many of us to view and comment on

The fact this forum is not government subsidized is irrelevant. This is a public domain because you don't have to go into Vince's private house (armed with a search warrant) to look for the incriminating pics and statements.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:25 AM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't buy it. Or atleast I hope they would have better stuff to do then track you down from an acurazine website.

Why would they find you from acurazine and not a local forums site like houston-imports.com? Seems like a better use of their time.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 210 Likes on 129 Posts
what you say on this forum or any forum for that matter can be used against you.

I would think if you admit to a crime on here its no different then telling them directly to their faces.

Dont drive like an idiot anymore. If you do, keep it to yourself.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm.....not sure if Im buyin this or not.
^+1
Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Intermediate

Sticker

Vince, do you have some sort of Acurazine sticker on your car?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

If you look on the pics it has the street intersection. How hard could it be to ride down the block and look for the TL that matches the pics? Doesn't seem too far-fetched from that point of view. I just don't believe that some cop would take time out to do it if no citation was involved. But, it was probably someone who read how arrogant he was about doing it and wanted to make him shit in his pants with the "Big Brother Is Watching" hype thing! And it worked! But that's a good thing Vince...
Old 12-08-2007, 10:31 AM
aw1
Pro

shouldve told the cop its was the vsa that f'd up..
Old 12-08-2007, 10:36 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts

caught clownin around lmao!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Isn't that Chill_dog???

Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

Acopura.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Damn Right, Ima G!

I Hope That Cop Could Also See This:
Down In La None Of U Guys Get Any Respect Cuz All You Pigs Think Ur Above The Law.

Cant Ever Catch Me Ridin Dirty!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Couldn't he have still gotten a ticket for the bald tires which are illegal? and do we have to call the police if we spin out and hit something, but no other cars were involved?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Racer

what you say on this forum or any forum for that matter can be used against you.

I would think if you admit to a crime on here its no different then telling them directly to their faces.

Dont drive like an idiot anymore. If you do, keep it to yourself.
Of course it can, this is like standing in the middle of a room full of people having conversations, but there is typically a cause and effect relationship... This isn't the former Russia we live in. Think of this case where the mother of another kid cause another kid to commit suicide, it isn't even criminal, yet civil courts will have some fun with it.

Not a lawyer by any means... But I believe he needs to have probable cause to seek out said person, we as a society don't blanketly target folks unless someone makes a complaint or blatant heineous behavior is observed... In this case, the person living in the dwelling?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
If you look on the pics it has the street intersection...
Ah, you noticed this too.... Yep, this must have been the key clue - with an intersection, it would be easy to figure the NBP Acura TL owner in the neighborhood.

Regardless of privacy, the mere fact that a vehicle somehow jumped a curb and hit a front yard tree does warrant a warning. A huge open parking lot would have been a better choice for the test.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 210 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Psycho
Cant Ever Catch Me Ridin Dirty!
famous last words

no reason to be stupid. if you guys keep this shit up this thread wont make it much longer
Old 12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
T-Swzy

im ridin hecka dirty right now

got snow and salt crust all over my car
Old 12-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Drifting

I'm glad you seem to have learned something from that incident. I know you took a lot of bashing but I think most people really were thinking about your ultimate long term safety and other people who might happen to be nearby. Don't take it personal....learn something and life a long safe happy life. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...and many many more. ]
Keep the racing on the track.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Soccer_playa1579
i hate the po po... =).. i hope u read this.. =)
be carefull son you never know who's watching
Old 12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
That's why when I post pictures, I tend to try to crop the picture to only include the car, and I photoshop out stuff like license plates, street signs, etc... Not necessarily because I did something stupid or anything. I mean, if somebody knows you have volks or something, and they can see where you live from your pics.... You get the idea...

In your picture you can just see the street sign in the picture, and your car in the driveway, and you'll know which house is yours.

In a way, it reminds me of my room-mate in college... He called the police to report a reckless driver, who ran him off the road, and forced his car onto the curb... (He got the plate numbers and everything) After he called the police, they came to his house, and charged him for the damage to the curb LAPD said that if someone runs you off the road, let them hit your car, and don't try to avoid it.

My friend said next time something like this happens, he's going to report it anonymously.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:24 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah.. just a side note, I don't think it's legal to take it upon himself to read the forums and then find out who you are and goto your house, without reason, cause, or warrant

especially since your single-person accident involved no other cars or damages to property.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:28 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmahh
Yeah.. just a side note, I don't think it's legal to take it upon himself to read the forums and then find out who you are and goto your house, without reason, cause, or warrant

especially since your single-person accident involved no other cars or damages to property.

.. and I say that because I had a cop once tell me to remove a certain light from my vehicle by Saturday or he would come give me a ticket, upon speaking to another cop I was told that he cannot threaten to come to my house and do such a thing..

There's no law that says do it by Saturday or you a ticket.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Advanced

Vince1, I am glad you are alright. And sorry bout your car.

I'm a SoCal cop and Acura owner. I can not speak for Las Vegas PD, but in my city, if you hit a tree (the trees belong to the city, go figure) and damage your car, you can be cited. For leaving the scene of an accident,a misdemeanor, your car can be towed. Even a week or so later. Trust me it happens.

For hit and runs, it is not uncommon for us to locate the vehicle which fled and tow it. You have an obligation to report accidents with more than $500 to DMV. They want their pound o flesh too. So they can report it to your insurance company, so they can raise your rates.

Once you admitted being Vince1 from Acurazine, the officer knew he had the right car, and had probable cause to believe he had the right driver as well. Assuming this was not the first time you did some "extracurricular activity" in your car, who knows if you and your car had already been reported but never found?

Learn your lesson, and move on. It's all apart of growing up. Just save the antics for a controlled environment...there is a reason they are called "accidents".
Old 12-08-2007, 03:32 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by Code3forJC
Vince1, I am glad you are alright. And sorry bout your car.

I'm a SoCal cop and Acura owner. I can not speak for Las Vegas PD, but in my city, if you hit a tree (the trees belong to the city, go figure) and damage your car, you can be cited. For leaving the scene of an accident,a misdemeanor, your car can be towed. Even a week or so later. Trust me it happens.

For hit and runs, it is not uncommon for us to locate the vehicle which fled and tow it. You have an obligation to report accidents with more than $500 to DMV. They want their pound o flesh too. So they can report it to your insurance company, so they can raise your rates.

Once you admitted being Vince1 from Acurazine, the officer knew he had the right car, and had probable cause to believe he had the right driver as well. Assuming this was not the first time you did some "extracurricular activity" in your car, who knows if you and your car had already been reported but never found?

Learn your lesson, and move on. It's all apart of growing up. Just save the antics for a controlled environment...there is a reason they are called "accidents".
well said, great CONCLUSION to the thread

time to this thread
Old 12-08-2007, 04:27 PM
SOLD

LONG response...

Ya Vince you need to watch out buddy, if you give someone all the information they need to take action (whether it is a cop or anyone else), what can you expect? General living area+car pics+description = incriminating evidence. That is part of the reason I haven't posted any pics of my CLs online...the police in my hometown get as close to the edge of profiling as possible and don't need any fuel for the fire.

Story time -

A friend and I were on a highway frontage road not extremely close to anyone's house, cruising up and down it a couple times by my friends house. We did accelerate full throttle a couple times, but never got more than 5 over the speed limit. So we start to head to our friend's house when a guy comes raging around the corner and got right on our ass. We both pull over and instead of going around us, he sits in the middle of the road behind us, so I pull around to the other side to talk to him. He starts cursing us for racing and having loud cars close to his house and his children, then slams the gas forward and misses my friend (in my Legend) by inches and asks if he "wants to go". Not wanting to get in trouble, my friend says "yeah right", and the guy then slams it into reverse and starts backing towards me (in the CLs). This guy went all out backwards like 200 feet, he was not trying to scare me, he was trying to hit me. I had to hit VTEC in reverse to get away! So he stops and I stopped too and jumped out of the car like "WTF!" , then he mashed out. Wow that was crazy but what can we do, we didn't get his plate so it's off to our friends house.
Later that night, a policeman shows up at my house...as it turns out, this guy got our license plates and filed a police report for racing! So I had my friend come over and we told the officer our side of the story which the other guy had somehow "forgotten" to mention. Once I mentioned we felt our safety was threatened, the officer was pissed at this guy, but he didn't think there was enough evidence to give him a ticket for anything. Everything considered, he said this situation was a wash for both sides, he would talk to this guy and reprimand him, and to be careful accelerating near neighborhoods.
After this situation I was pulled over twice in 4 weeks, with the best excuse being "dark windows" (which I have had for 5 years and never had problems in this city before). The second time, the officer (different person than the 1st) told me "If I see you again I'm pulling you over again". Hmmm wonder what the chances are we will cross paths again since I live in the city and he works here...
Only 2 weeks later, I was pulled over with my friend for running a red light that turned red when I was EXITING the intersection. What a coincidence, it was the cop who said he would pull me over if he saw me. Under the circumstances I took it to trial with my witness and we both gave all factual information to support our claim. The cop bottom line lied under oath by omitting and exaggerating his testimony to portray his actions as justified, peace officer vs. civilian = civilian FTL, 4 points. From then on I haven't driven the CLs around here unless I am leaving the city, Legend was sold a bit ago.

Granted, I have made some mistakes and gotten pulled over and ticketed legitimately before...We all have to stop making it easier through our actions for the government to reason that they need our money more than we do. Exercise caution and intelligence in everything you do can be added to the lesson list.

Quick Reply: Got Caught By The Police On AcuraZine