Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got busted 2 times

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got busted 2 times

so i was driving on route 80 west in NJ going 60 in a 55mph zone, i see a state trooper behind me and he goes to his left lane and he passes me to check my car out. so he slams his brakes immediately and than he comes behind me and puts his lights on and pulls me on the side. i was with my mom and dad, luckily he didnt think i was doing anything illegal. so i give him my license and registration and he tells me that he pulled me over because i have no front plates and tinted windows which are 20 percent all around and 35 percent on the windshield. so he comes back and tells me that hes just giving me a ticket for the front plates. i was relieved so i continued to go on my way for five minutes when another state trooper pulls me over, same procedure and i handed him my ticket also. he tells me hes pullin me over for tinted windows, and hes not going to bust my chops and lets me go. i thought this was a weird experience, anyone know how much the ticket would be.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Mofo

I thought NJ didnt need front plates?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Typical NJ Troopers. Surprised you didn't get pulled over more times. The NJ Governor just closed down the state. I think they're some 5 billion dollar short in their budget.

Guess they're going to try and make it up with traffic tickets.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by maluskills
I thought NJ didnt need front plates?
Ya we do, it sucks.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Racer

I'm in VA and installed the front A-spec lip today and removed my tag. I think the front looks much better without the tag and the ACURA on the front is a nice touch. Anyone else in VA run without front tags. I don't live in a very big town, Roanoke so I may be taking a chance. I also have 35% tint on my front driver and passenger windows and the legal limit is 50%. I may be asking for it.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:31 PM
checkmate...

No need for front plates in Louisiana.

Front plates destroy the look of a car. Because of their shape, there is no easy way to fit it to where it will look good. Too bad we don't have thin plates like the Europeans.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same here in Illinois, we have to have front plates and can tint the front windows That is why I am going to wait on getting tints. But good luck on the tickets
Old 07-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Better put that plate back on be prepared to be bothered constantly and remove the tint, its not worth it to be stopped all the time
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 PM
acura-cl.com OG

honestly, i bet you it is not the front plate they are pulling you over for....it is the tint. in particular, the tinted windshield. i have 35% all around minus windshield and think it is almost too dark, nevermind 35% windshield and 20% sides...
Old 07-03-2006, 12:05 AM
10th Gear

No need for front plates here in Miami. I have 5% tint on my windows since i got the car and havent been stopped or harrassed about it not once.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mr.motoring

Front plates destroy the look of a car. Because of their shape, there is no easy way to fit it to where it will look good. Too bad we don't have thin plates like the Europeans.
TL with euro plates huh check my sig
Old 07-03-2006, 07:47 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cecilt
I'm in VA and installed the front A-spec lip today and removed my tag. I think the front looks much better without the tag and the ACURA on the front is a nice touch. Anyone else in VA run without front tags. I don't live in a very big town, Roanoke so I may be taking a chance. I also have 35% tint on my front driver and passenger windows and the legal limit is 50%. I may be asking for it.
I know a bunch of guys (in VA) who did just that, took off the plate for the aspec lip... My plate is coming off when i do my aspec kit... I also have 35% all around but everytime i see a cop that may be a little too snoopy, I just roll down my windows...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:52 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by jmbnova
but everytime i see a cop that may be a little too snoopy, I just roll down my windows...

I've tried that when I had my thug nation 1998 honda civic with 20% tint all around and he told me to "roll up my windows, and he's going to pull the tint meter out and measured it"

5 mins later - ticket for $45 (Long island,ny, about 5 years ago)
Old 07-03-2006, 07:54 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gauravp123
I've tried that when I had my thug nation 1998 honda civic with 20% tint all around and he told me to "roll up my windows, and he's going to pull the tint meter out and measured it"

5 mins later - ticket for $45 (Long island,ny, about 5 years ago)
bastards.... I'll remember that
Old 07-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Dr. Feelgood

Dark tint draws too much attention. Mine is only 35% and I get nervous when I see cops.
Is placing the front plates inside on the windshield illegal?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

No front plate in CA is $10 but you have to get another cop to sign off saying you did put it back on. Samething with tinted front windows.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Racer

im thinkin bout takin my tints off and puttin the plate back on
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah, just putting the plate inside your windshield is illegal, there is some law that regulates the position the tag has to be, its something like at least 12" off the ground, but no more than 36". Something to that effect. I think that kind of law is in all 50 states, they just differ slightly. On another note, when I finally get my TL (waiting to finish grad school) I want to get the windows tinted, but I live in WV, which has pretty lax tint laws, but I visit NJ quite often, which has very strict tint laws. I'm not looking forward to getting hassled all the time when I go back to NJ, plus we only need tags in the back. I've been stopped for that before and it sucks reminding cops that there is a whole nother world outside their state that has different regulations.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Racer

I'm not sure we even need plates in the Great Banana Republic! Most of the Troopers are in the "better" part of New Orleans chasing down the gangs. Since the Katrina, most of New Orleans is pretty much No Mans' Land.

I pretty much go unnoticed on I-12 cruising at 85 mph.

The Outlaw Josie Gurney
Old 07-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeez, 35 on the windshield! Do you drive it at night?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by imrantl
im thinkin bout takin my tints off and puttin the plate back on

That's probably a good idea. Less hassle and more cash in the pocket, not to mention more time to do whatever.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Stewie's Sexy Party!

nj cops are pulling everyone over to get more money into their coffers...A whole lot of bullshit, so just be careful....
Old 07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SilverUA5
No front plate in CA is $10 but you have to get another cop to sign off saying you did put it back on. Samething with tinted front windows.
cant u have 70% tint on the front windows in cali?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow.... To all these comments.

My first car was a 97 Civic Coupe HX which had tint, wing, rims, front/rear/side spoilers, and I got pulled over left and right. Accused of speeding (when I wasn't) tint dark no plate, and a whole bunch of other crap.....

Now with my TL I have 20% all around, no front plate, and in August it will be the 2 year anniversary and so far no pulling over. The best part is that its required here. Then only thing I was pulled over was supposedly I had blue underglow lights! He pulls me over and pulls out his flash light and looks under the car. I told them he mistaken it with the HID.

He let me go, I say he just wanted to check out my TL.....
Old 07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bluenose
Jeez, 35 on the windshield! Do you drive it at night?
yeh the 35 percent isnt too bad on the windshield, u almost cant tell. i think the HID and the tints have a well balance. once i get the hid foglight kit i think it will get better. Ask Kshaw how he does it with 5 percent all around and 20 percent on the windshield
Old 07-03-2006, 10:26 PM
TL on 20's

Angry

i thought this was a weird experience, anyone know how much the ticket would be.

I do not know the price of a ticket for the front windshield in NJ but in FL i got pulled over for my front tinted 20% and the cop told me he would give me a razor blade and I can take it off right now or he would give me a $125 ticket. Needless to say I cut it right off.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
checkmate...

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
TL with euro plates huh check my sig
RJ, is your TL really overseas?

You do have Euro plates, but the one in the back is ... ... gi-normous.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM
acura-cl.com OG

RJ, is your TL really overseas?

You do have Euro plates, but the one in the back is ... ... gi-normous.
i don't like that look
Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 PM
checkmate...

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
I'm not sure we even need plates in the Great Banana Republic! Most of the Troopers are in the "better" part of New Orleans chasing down the gangs. Since the Katrina, most of New Orleans is pretty much No Mans' Land.

I pretty much go unnoticed on I-12 cruising at 85 mph.

The Outlaw Josie Gurney
So the 'outlaw' Josie doesn't even have the brown pelican LA plate in the rear? That's nice.

Though I do agree with ya. I have darker Texas tint (illegal in LA) on mine, and have never had any trouble with it, yet.

When I trek I-12, I pedal at 90 MPH. But Johnny Law likes to hide under the overpasses and pick-off ones who are not in-the-know, V1 wise.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 PM
The Boss

so i was driving on route 80 west in NJ going 60 in a 55mph zone, i see a state trooper behind me and he goes to his left lane and he passes me to check my car out. so he slams his brakes immediately and than he comes behind me and puts his lights on and pulls me on the side. i was with my mom and dad, luckily he didnt think i was doing anything illegal. so i give him my license and registration and he tells me that he pulled me over because i have no front plates and tinted windows which are 20 percent all around and 35 percent on the windshield. so he comes back and tells me that hes just giving me a ticket for the front plates. i was relieved so i continued to go on my way for five minutes when another state trooper pulls me over, same procedure and i handed him my ticket also. he tells me hes pullin me over for tinted windows, and hes not going to bust my chops and lets me go. i thought this was a weird experience, anyone know how much the ticket would be.

Typical NJ State Pigs. The first cop spotted you so he pulled you over, gave you a ticket and playing like he's cutting you a break by only giving you a ticket for lack of front plate. You seem relieved to receive only 1 ticket except he radio'd his buddies in the direction that you're going......... later another cop pulled you over and gives you a ticket for the tinted windows only.

hahahaha these focking cops I tell ya.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:54 PM
checkmate...

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
Typical NJ State Pigs. The first cop spotted you so he pulled you over, gave you a ticket and playing like he's cutting you a break by only giving you a ticket for lack of front plate. You seem relieved to receive only 1 ticket except he radio'd his buddies in the direction that you're going......... later another cop pulled you over and gives you a ticket for the tinted windows only.

hahahaha these focking cops I tell ya.
Law enforcement corruption in the Garden State. You've been watching too much Copland.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:43 PM
TTL PKG

One reason why I love Arizona!! No front plates and tint is rarely an issue.

Sucks that you got hit like that.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Racer

I took my front plate off Sunday after installing the A-spec front lip. Was sitting in a left turn lane at a red light this afternoon. A cop coming opposite way in the fast lane stopped at his red light and he was first in line. I'm thinking okay, here's a good test. We both were there about 2 minutes before I got the green and turned in front of him. No problem. I'm in Va with a front plate requirment. I'll give it some more time and then off to the dealer to put caps in those bumper holes. How much do these things cost?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
How about you just follow the state guidelines for tint and front plates? You make it seem like you are above the law. It's amazing how many threads I read about getting pulled over for tint and no front plate. Hey it hurts when I do that......so don't do that....

"Oh but my car won't look cool like all the other donkeys"

Pigs? Next time you need the assistance of a police officer, call them a pig. Make sure to videotape their reaction.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
How about you just follow the state guidelines for tint and front plates? You make it seem like you are above the law. It's amazing how many threads I read about getting pulled over for tint and no front plate. Hey it hurts when I do that......so don't do that....

Pigs? Next time you need the assistance of a police officer, call them a pig. Make sure to videotape their reaction.
im not calling the cops pigs or anything, i actually am going to soon be attending the police academy and i am also scheduled to take my civil service exam, so i can become a cop. Also i think i deserved the ticket for no front plates, but im just saying that they usually dont pull people over for minor things like these. next time think a little carefully and watch what you write. you seem to be the only person with negative feedback
Old 07-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Racer

Next time you go 1 mph over the speed limit I want you to pull over, call a police officer and tell him to write you a ticket for speeding. After all, 1 mph is breaking the law.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,037 Likes on 3,879 Posts
^
Why do we feel that it's ok to justfy bad behavior with more bad behavior?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Racer

wow is nj pullin people over like crazy. my brother just got pulled over for 5 percent tints all around and 10 percent on the windshield
Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Here in CA, front plate is required. However, I haven't had one for more than 12 years and I've not been pulled over. A cop friend of mine said I wouldn't likely get pulled over for it, but I should expect the violation to be tacked onto any more serious violation I may earn, such as a speeding ticket, etc.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Cruisin'

Well, for starters many of these guidelines are pure BS. If front tags were so beneficial, they'd be a requirement in all states.

There are many laws out there that just don't make any sense so I tend to ignore a lot of them if the situation permits. Doesn't make me a bad person or an unsafe driver. Again-situation permitting.

Oh...and feel free to call a pig a pig. Protected by the first amendment. Of course, if there was any chance of him cutting you any breaks, that would certainly put a stop to it.

Back on topic-I commute to NJ every day from PA & when I wanted to get my windows tinted I checked with the NJ State PD. I was told since I was from out of state that they wouldn't hassle me about it. Basically the only way they can cite you is if your vehicle violates an equipment rule that applies in the state the vehicle is registered. BUT...that's if they know the rules of that other state. I went for 6 years living in Florida with PA tags. Let the inspection run out since Florida doesn't require state inspection. They were never the wiser.

Quick Reply: got busted 2 times