Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Service for Acura's in DC area

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Good Service for Acura's in DC area

What Dealer do most of you recommend for Service for Acura's. Please don't mention Rothsenthal or Radleys's. They do not apply. They do more damage then repair in my book. I am trying to find a dealer that won't destroy my car when they repair it.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwest1023
What Dealer do most of you recommend for Service for Acura's. Please don't mention Rothsenthal or Radleys's. They do not apply. They do more damage then repair in my book. I am trying to find a dealer that won't destroy my car when they repair it.
It depends on how far you want to drive. Criswell (where I bought my TL) is great but in Annapolis. I have heard good things about Chevy Chase Acura as well ..
Old 04-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

I bought mine at Criswell, too. I recently took in my '05 TL for my first oil change A1 (or is it 1A?) and also to fix a recurring rattle. When I picked it up, I learned the rattle "couldn't be reproduced" and the car had mud splattered on the side. I didn't complain, but when Acura called to do their survey I gave them an "Average" score of "5."

Soon after I was contact by the service department. They hooked me up with the factory rep, who was able to identify the cause of the rattle. Long story short -- Criswell fixed the rattle.

Another brief story -- I had recurring problems with the DVD-A player jamming disks (nope I wasn't putting lables on them.) After a new player was installed (after many weeks of waiting) the thing jammed a disk on my way home from picking it up. I called Criswell, and they dropped off a loaner at my house, picked up the car, installed yet another DVD-A player, then swapped cars at my house again.

In a nutshell, they'll come through for you in the end.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Thanks guys, I will drive to Criswell. I bought my Miaita from annapolis and my toyota truck. Seem to always have good service there. I will give them a try.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

I have also been pleased with Criswell.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Intermediate

Motor Works in Rockville

Try these guys - www.motor-works.com . They only service Hondas and Acuras, nothing else.

They fixed a check engine light issue on a friends TL by treating the underlying problem. Norris, Tischer and Frankel would just clear his light and it would come back in a few days. They even attached the relevant Acura service bulletin that detailed what was an obscure but known problem. Acura re-imbursed both parts and labor and were shame faced that 3 dealers were unable to fix the problem. Have been taking my Honda's there for some years. Absolutely ethical, prompt and will not use anything other than genuine Acura/Honda parts even if you want them to. Closed Fri, Sat and Sun.

Unfortunately only provide Civic loaners but thats a small price to pay to do business with someone who is reasonably priced, will only change what needs to be changed and wont screw you.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Tischer Acura. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by netinfiniti
Try these guys - www.motor-works.com . They only service Hondas and Acuras, nothing else.

They fixed a check engine light issue on a friends TL by treating the underlying problem. Norris, Tischer and Frankel would just clear his light and it would come back in a few days. They even attached the relevant Acura service bulletin that detailed what was an obscure but known problem. Acura re-imbursed both parts and labor and were shame faced that 3 dealers were unable to fix the problem. Have been taking my Honda's there for some years. Absolutely ethical, prompt and will not use anything other than genuine Acura/Honda parts even if you want them to. Closed Fri, Sat and Sun.

Unfortunately only provide Civic loaners but thats a small price to pay to do business with someone who is reasonably priced, will only change what needs to be changed and wont screw you.

But do they honor the Acura factory warranty? No chance.