3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting service done with a debadged TL..

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting service done with a debadged TL..

its pretty funny, this is the third time that its been in and people still walk around it and say "what is that" One of the service people pointed at my car and said is that your TSX. The funniest part is there was this ~60 year old female at the stealership today and she said...Oh im thinking about trading in on an 07 TL-S just like yours.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by drdug27
its pretty funny, this is the third time that its been in and people still walk around it and say "what is that" One of the service people pointed at my car and said is that your TSX. The funniest part is there was this ~60 year old female at the stealership today and she said...Oh im thinking about trading in on an 07 TL-S just like yours.
To the service people (who just so happen to be the same morons working on your car) you should say:

R-T-F-M!!!!!

60 yr-old lady in an 07 TL-S??? Damn, you know Ensure and power don't mix!!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Terminex

CRAP, I better put the badges back on mine before they start putting TSX parts in it
Old 02-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by terminex
CRAP, I better put the badges back on mine before they start putting TSX parts in it
put a TSX badge on it and see what happens
Old 02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Racer

It does make you wonder...
Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
put a TSX badge on it and see what happens
I think I have an old "turbo" badge from a Saab in a tool box somewhere... that could be fun... TSX turbo

Originally Posted by darksom1
To the service people (who just so happen to be the same morons working on your car)
Remember... lots of "Service People/Advisors" are nothing more than service sales people. They aren't necessarily technically knowledgeable about the specifics of each model and trim level of a brand's line of cars. They "sell" service. That's a trap many customer's fall into. They assume the service guy knows more about the car than they themselves know. Not always a smart assumption. Technicians, or mechanics, usually do know more about the car than "service people" but they are not always perfect either...who is perfect ?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
TL.....mmmmmm

i just got my car from the body shop and the paperwork sayz 3.5RL...lol
Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Racer

get some totally different badges and really eff with em... Let's see, these could be interesting.

- Kenworth
- Hummer
- Polaris
- Harley Davidson
- Toro
- John Deere
- Caterpillar
- Sea Ray

etc...
Old 02-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Instructor

LOL^^^^^ "Hey what is that the new TL Harley Davidson edition?""
Old 02-15-2007, 06:37 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL I saw a TL the other day WDP 3GTL with a Type R badge slapped above the right tailight, of course it was CROOKED...some asian dude driving it, the worse part was, he only had tint on 3 windows LOL!!! the rear driver window didn't have tint on it and he had 18" chrome aftermarket AR rims from pep boys with stock 17"s in the front LOLLLLLLLL

as a Long Island'er, you gotta love driving in Queens, you really have a great time laughing at the things people do to their cars LOL....for all you queens ppl, it was on the grand central by the BQE exit heading west...
Old 02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
lol I thought the OP was going to ask if debadging the car will void your warrranty hahaah
Old 02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by onsknth
get some totally different badges and really eff with em... Let's see, these could be interesting.

- Kenworth
- Hummer
- Polaris
- Harley Davidson
- Toro
- John Deere
- Caterpillar
- Sea Ray

etc...

Police Intercepter ( from Crown Vic )
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Adobeman
I think I have an old "turbo" badge from a Saab in a tool box somewhere... that could be fun... TSX turbo

Remember... lots of "Service People/Advisors" are nothing more than service sales people. They aren't necessarily technically knowledgeable about the specifics of each model and trim level of a brand's line of cars. They "sell" service. That's a trap many customer's fall into. They assume the service guy knows more about the car than they themselves know. Not always a smart assumption. Technicians, or mechanics, usually do know more about the car than "service people" but they are not always perfect either...who is perfect ?
When it is your job to know what kind of car you are working on, and it's asking too much to be able to do that day in and day out - then you would be fired if I am your boss! A part on the car? Different story. But the whole car? You kidding me right? I work at a dealership as a manager/salesman/service person/porter/gopher and can't differentiate between a Camry and a Corolla? A Honda Accord or Civic? A Maxima or a Sentra? A Camel or a Llama?

No - I'm sorry - please don't touch my car!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Terminex

Please stay on topic everyone

OK, for the real test, I am going to borrow from another thread.

I am going to put a Ferrari emblem on the back of mine and see if it helps in picking up women.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
would that be the emblem that says RRRRE ??????
Old 02-15-2007, 11:43 PM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by gauravp123
LOL I saw a TL the other day WDP 3GTL with a Type R badge slapped above the right tailight, of course it was CROOKED...some asian dude driving it, the worse part was, he only had tint on 3 windows LOL!!! the rear driver window didn't have tint on it and he had 18" chrome aftermarket AR rims from pep boys with stock 17"s in the front LOLLLLLLLL

as a Long Island'er, you gotta love driving in Queens, you really have a great time laughing at the things people do to their cars LOL....for all you queens ppl, it was on the grand central by the BQE exit heading west...
how do u even FIT a label above the headlight? wtf Type-R? That's ridiculous. I was driving right by the BQE on the GCP today... no Type-R TL though lol
Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
how do u even FIT a label above the headlight? wtf Type-R? That's ridiculous. I was driving right by the BQE on the GCP today... no Type-R TL though lol

lol guys...a couple months ago I remember seeing a 3G TL in East Meadow NY with a Type S badge. Oooo I think it was the time when the real TL-S wasnt out yet.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by coykiam
lol guys...a couple months ago I remember seeing a 3G TL in East Meadow NY with a Type S badge. Oooo I think it was the time when the real TL-S wasnt out yet.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:30 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i hope you got your car out of there right away and didnt let them work on it.

like i said in another thread.....

"The most important thing to remember is that a car salesman knows less about the car they are selling then a blind man taking his driving test. "

i guess this goes for some service department personnel as well
Old 02-16-2007, 05:53 PM
gimme a 4G !!

anybody have pics of their debadged TL? I've been thinking of doing that to mine...
Old 02-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Dedpheonix
anybody have pics of their debadged TL? I've been thinking of doing that to mine...

search em...theres alot of em dude
Old 02-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Racer

Old 02-17-2007, 07:57 AM
2016 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I debadged and I wouldn't go back.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:01 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
When it is your job to know what kind of car you are working on, and it's asking too much to be able to do that day in and day out - then you would be fired if I am your boss! A part on the car? Different story. But the whole car? You kidding me right? I work at a dealership as a manager/salesman/service person/porter/gopher and can't differentiate between a Camry and a Corolla? A Honda Accord or Civic? A Maxima or a Sentra? A Camel or a Llama?

No - I'm sorry - please don't touch my car!!!
I think we might agree. I agree it would be best of they knew all the details but I understand why they don't. The techs/mechanics should know everything about the car ant that's who is "touching" my car. But lots of other staff at the dealership probably don't know the differences or styles of the cars well enough to pass our tests. Come on, how many times has a salesman said something is a feature and been dead wrong? Also, the porter and the gopher? Why would they need to know, let alone care to know. In general service is trying to sell a repair or service to someone that know little about mechanical things. Scare the customer, gently, and they will pay for whatever you tell them. That's general sales tactics that work no mater the make of the car.

Another assumption some people make is that the staff at the dealer own/drive the make sold by the dealer. The more expensive the car the more wrong the assumption. Dealership jobs would be hotly sought after if it meant we could all afford a type-s. I don't see a line forming for jobs at my dealer, I just see new faces every visit.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Pro

Why should anyone debadge? But you want to go all the way, take off the front and back Acura emblem also, not just the TL badge.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Not a dude.

60 yr-old lady in an 07 TL-S??? Damn, you know Ensure and power don't mix!!
Good Lord, you're a moron.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kenny5
Why should anyone debadge? But you want to go all the way, take off the front and back Acura emblem also, not just the TL badge.
i like just the A badge in the back,,,personaly i think it makes it look very clean. also i do like when people are have no idea what car i have. basically it just comes down to a personal preferance. although i DEFINATELY think everyone should take off all the stealership stickers/emblems/lisencse plates etc...
Old 02-17-2007, 06:43 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Adobeman
I think we might agree. I agree it would be best of they knew all the details but I understand why they don't. The techs/mechanics should know everything about the car ant that's who is "touching" my car. But lots of other staff at the dealership probably don't know the differences or styles of the cars well enough to pass our tests. Come on, how many times has a salesman said something is a feature and been dead wrong? Also, the porter and the gopher? Why would they need to know, let alone care to know.
So you are saying that if you walk up to a salesman to buy a car, at the dealership, where he works, and he don't know the difference between the RL and the TL...which is which I mean...you don't have a problem with that? C'mon man!! I'm outta there if the place is run by a bunch of people like that! Hard to effectively sell your product when you know very little about it! Like the name! Not which one has GPS, or a V6, or comes only in manual (WHICH BY THE WAY YOU SHOULD KNOW!!!).

No my friend, if I go to a dealership and I can't expect those people to know their job, then they should not expect my money! If you read a lot of these posts and the gripes these people have with the staff not being knowledgeable when they go to a dealership, I am sure my argument will garner plenty of support. Check this out:

1) Hello Sir may I help you?
2) Yes, I am interested in an 07 Acura TL.
3) No problem sir. We have many of those fine cars. You have come to the right place! We are #1 on the East Coast! Now, before we get started, would that be a manual or 6 speed?
4) Uhhh, manual and 6 speed are the same thing.
5) Oh, oh...yes, yes of course. Well let me show you out here what we have then you can make your mind up easier. Look at this one with nice leather seats, GPS, nice stereo, and...
6) Sir...uhh...this is a RL.
7) What...hmm...you're right. Well what about this one?
8) That's a TSX.
9) Well, what about this one?
10) That's a RDX.
11) Dammit! This one?
12) No, that's someone's Honda Civic!
13) Well, hell, can you show ME one then please?

Get what I am saying? ROFLMAO!!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:44 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by rt4563
Good Lord, you're a moron.
LOL! I'm sorry. I was just kidding. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Suzuka Master

So you are saying that if you walk up to a salesman to buy a car, at the dealership, where he works, and he don't know the difference between the RL and the TL...which is which I mean...you don't have a problem with that? C'mon man!! I'm outta there if the place is run by a bunch of people like that! Hard to effectively sell your product when you know very little about it! Like the name! Not which one has GPS, or a V6, or comes only in manual (WHICH BY THE WAY YOU SHOULD KNOW!!!).

No my friend, if I go to a dealership and I can't expect those people to know their job, then they should not expect my money! If you read a lot of these posts and the gripes these people have with the staff not being knowledgeable when they go to a dealership, I am sure my argument will garner plenty of support. Check this out:

1) Hello Sir may I help you?
2) Yes, I am interested in an 07 Acura TL.
3) No problem sir. We have many of those fine cars. You have come to the right place! We are #1 on the East Coast! Now, before we get started, would that be a manual or 6 speed?
4) Uhhh, manual and 6 speed are the same thing.
5) Oh, oh...yes, yes of course. Well let me show you out here what we have then you can make your mind up easier. Look at this one with nice leather seats, GPS, nice stereo, and...
6) Sir...uhh...this is a RL.
7) What...hmm...you're right. Well what about this one?
8) That's a TSX.
9) Well, what about this one?
10) That's a RDX.
11) Dammit! This one?
12) No, that's someone's Honda Civic!
13) Well, hell, can you show ME one then please?

Get what I am saying? ROFLMAO!!
14) well what about this one sir?!
15) Thats a school bus!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Team Owner

A really slick item I found on www.heeltoeauto.com thats Mr Heel Toe, a sponsor of acurazine

JDM Japanese badges for the TL maybe the CL too- I only care about my car

Name for TL over there is INSPIRE nice trunk badge
an unknown model car- I like it!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenny5

those have prongs and leave holes that you would need to fill up and repaint. too costly.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Team Owner

Debadge is cool because it makes your car a little different and easier to spot in a line of similar rides. I like to sucker unsuspecting tailgaters way deep into a corner, late brake, turn down to the apex and whooosh I am gone while they are trying to gather the car back up!

The A on the back has 2 holes drilled thru the truck- thats why most leave it unless repainting the tail- it is possible to flip it over too.

The front I have not checked but plan on installing JDM black frame and interior headlight assemblies- so I want to paint?? the whole upper grill. Everything down low is already black anyway, make it match.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:00 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by JJaber06
14) well what about this one sir?!
15) Thats a school bus!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Team Owner

For a different look
see acurazine approved vendor Mr Heel Toe
at www.heeltoeauto.com

He has JDM Japanese made name badges for the TL and CL
the TL is named INSPIRE over there and is done in script writing.

Its a compromise with the wife between -caught halfway thru doing total debadge,
and what did you do to the car!
Old 02-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Terminex

before & after

Here are before & after shots. (Still waiting on my damn TL-S lip from the body shop )

Before
[IMG][/IMG]

After
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Not a dude.

LOL! I'm sorry. I was just kidding. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
Apology accepted.

p.s. I may be an "old lady" and I don't have an S but I can still drive, you know. I scare the bejesus out of hubby sometimes. Heh.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:20 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

in my opinion debadging the "acura" and "TL" gives the car a visual balance. everything is parallel and balanced. from the exhausts to the centered xm antenna.