Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full insurance question car damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation full insurance question car damage

I got full insurance on my car, brought the car damage, did not notice the damage but autobody wants $6k to fix it =0
Car was in accident but was never reported, if i report it to the insurance company will they be able to do anything? will they fix it? the gay dealer wont do sh*t because the car fax says its good

didn't realize the damage until I took it to acura for a oil change and they notice all these body damage.

any clues or am I just out of luck
Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
was this a used car dealer or an acura dealer or what exactly?

It doesnt matter about carfax- everyone knows the carfax only knows what it was told by insurance comapanies, state registrations and dealer visits.
"Licensed auto dealers" are required to inspect and guarantee basics on the car such as minimum 30 percent brake pads remaining, has passed smog exam or state inspection ans one would hope- obvious damage to the underbody-frame.

Are we talking frame damage or bent exhaust or what exactly???

Comp insurance does not usually cover pre-existing damage.
It is for accidents or damage after you bought the car
This is where small claims court come into play- if the vehicle was misrepresented in a gross or negligent manner- look in the phone book for Consumer Affairs or Auto Licensing Bureau.
They handle clains against business practices

Note to ALL car buyers- always have the car put on the lift at a private shop and inspected.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Pro

oh ok cool yea its from a merecedes dealer ship, the body was pushed in and someone redid but it was poorly done. It is a used car, and we're talking about body damage. thanks bro
Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Pro

the car looks fine, the doors can't be closed good, the body cost $6 in repair do you think i'll be able to take this to a small court
Old 03-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Team Owner

Have you talked in person with the Sales Manager and General Manager of the dealership?
Thats first- then the state bureaus then court last
small claims limit 5000 most states

How did you buy a car with doors that dont work- what else is wrong with the car- have a private shop look it over
body shops always jack things up- but door panels and 6 grand dont sound right at all
Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the car you buy come with any warranty? Better yet, can you return it?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Pro

i can't even return it or else i would, it does come with warranty and honda said they can't do anything so thats the sucky thing, i took it back and all i get is some bs about "we got no history of what happen before we got and we dont know what happen after you got, we can't do anything" im like WTF is this how i get treated??? so I'm like wtf let me ask my peeps on acurazine =) and see what they say and yes it was what the gm said to me.....
Old 03-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Pro

what do you mean by state the bureans? oh, i got it as a gift so, my parents didn't do a full inspection on the car, they just saw a nice wdp tl outside mercedes and they were like anit that what he wanted? n then one day after work i was amazed that a nice wdp tl was outside my house, got inside n found out ti was mines. took it for a oil change, and BAM! all this started happening, had the car for over a month, but I did go back and complain about the bumper, had chip at the bumper, they did a touch up paint, then after the oil change, they notice the damages on the door, and they asked me to go to the autobody which i did and found out that there was massive damage. When he gave me a estimate i was like....... WOW! if my dad heard about this he'll probably start going back and cause hell, but if they dont do anything guess he'll do that and we can go to court if this case is pursue-able
Old 03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Dealerships are required to tell you about problems they know about. Doors that dont close sound like things they should know about. $6k worth of damage sounds like a HUGE amount of damage. No way a dealership wouldn't know about that.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Pro

what if they claimed they dont know about the damages?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by xoulu
what if they claimed they dont know about the damages?
They can claim anything they want, if a reasonable person could take a quick look at the repairs and realize that a lot of work(6K!!) was needed, they are going to be expected to have known. They can claim that they never had anyone clean the car, never had anyone drive the car, and never bothered to put it up on a lift, but I don't think many Judges are going to believe them.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Team Owner

Are you talking to a salesman or the GENERAL MANAGER
Your young- Dad as the actual buyer- needs to go in and tell them this lemon is coming back, as a body shop can tell if repairs were made in the last month or longer than that!

A mercedes dealer should take better care in what they sell~
call MBZ and complain how the used car department is selling junkers
Look in the phone book for the offices I listed and start raising a stink
Call local TV station that has a consumer help line- this will make a great story on the 6 oclock news - a story the MBZ dealer should want to keep from ever getting told
Old 03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Team Owner

How much did they pay and for what year TL?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Pro

i paid $19,995 and year 2004, with 29k miles, what is the MBZ number? I will so do that
Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Team Owner

use the internet for finding mbz customer service number- why would someone here have it- part of growing up is doing things for yourself- we pointed you to certain places- start making those phone calls and learn your rights in your state- and go from there
Have facts before talking to anyone!

Personally- I would be parked legally on the street in front of their business with a sign that covers the entire windshield of the car
BUY A LEMON CAR HERE
ASK ME HOW!!

that usually draws a manager or TV station- either will get you some service
Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Team Owner

What does acura have to say about this car- 1-800-382-2238 x5
do they have any record of crash damage?
does it say ~salvage title~ on the paperwork?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Instructor

had the car for over a month, but I did go back and complain about the bumper, had chip at the bumper, they did a touch up paint, then after the oil change, they notice the damages on the door, and they asked me to go to the autobody which i did and found out that there was massive damage.
Wait, you had the car for a month before realizing that your doors didn't work and you had $6k of damage? Where did you get the oil change done and why are they asking you to go to an autobody shop?

I think someone is pulling our leg...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
Are you talking to a salesman or the GENERAL MANAGER
Your young- Dad as the actual buyer- needs to go in and tell them this lemon is coming back, as a body shop can tell if repairs were made in the last month or longer than that!

A mercedes dealer should take better care in what they sell~
call MBZ and complain how the used car department is selling junkers
Look in the phone book for the offices I listed and start raising a stink
Call local TV station that has a consumer help line- this will make a great story on the 6 oclock news - a story the MBZ dealer should want to keep from ever getting told
Only one MAJOR problem with this. There is no such thing as a USED Lemon. ONLY new cars can be lemons. After that, it is buyer beware but I do know that NOT ONE true Benz dealer would knowlingly sell a salvaged used car. That's what they have wholesalers for
Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Racer

In NY (may vary by state) you get a 1 year warrenty if you buy a used car from a new car dealership. So most new car dealships sell off the junkers to used car lots so they don't have to warrenty a problem car.

Maybe your dad gets a one year warrenty on the car from the MBZ dealer? If so I would tell them fix it right or take it back.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
This story makes no sense at all. 6K worth of damage. The door not being able to close properly. The dealership not knowing about it. Your parents, who bought it, not noticing. You not noticing until an oil change. It just doesn't jive.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Pro

the door issue, driver side passenger, i dont sit at the passenger side, never had anyone until i took brothers out, and i notice the light does not come on, and i reported the door to them, all they did was tweak it a little, and it can close but the sensor does not work and it still can't shut properly, the oil change because on the windshield it says please go when the mileage hit 31k, which it did. Acura said they can't repair the door and they said it had damage take it to a autobody to inspect, took it and they said it'll range about $6k to fix, and yes the car did come with warranty, and we even brought the warranty with them, i will call the manager gsm tomorrow thanks alot for the helpful info
Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Pro

oh they got no record of what happen and like i said before their claming they have no responsibilities to what happen before they got the car and their using that as their defense, the only record they have is the test they did for the emission test and a car fax
Old 03-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Team Owner

I did not say Lemon LAW, I said park in front of the dealer with a sign reading.....
that will get attention right away
A customer just calling can be disregarded- those unfamiliar with cars can be bs'ed
Its time for dad to call an attorney-
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Racer

oh they got no record of what happen and like i said before their claming they have no responsibilities to what happen before they got the car and their using that as their defense, the only record they have is the test they did for the emission test and a car fax
Not sure how they could take a car in trade and not notice 6K in damage. I think they knew and are passing it on without disclosure. Which is illegal. I would look into the laws of your state and find out what your recoarse is.

6K in damage is EASY to see for anyone who has inspected cars for 10 mins or longer to see. If they are that stupid and didn't see it they deserve to be stuck with it.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Pro

hey guys thanks alot, i will be giving them a call today, i'll post what the gsm has to say
Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Pro

so here is the bs im getting as i walked in today, no one even offered me help, all sat their behinds on their chair and just stared at me, i was like wtf, and i walked up to one of the sales rep, and asked to see the gsm, he says ok, 15min later comes out and says hes in a meeting, I said i'll wait for him, so one hour pass. Still nothing, asked if the gsm is still in the meeting, the guy said the gsm has left for the day. I was like wtf, i thought he was going to come get me, then they bs about not seeing me in the waiting section, i told them i saw down there reading the fu*cken mag for one hour, how can they not see me when Im the only customer. So they sent me to to service guy, he's being a dick and racist, tells "sorry sir, like we said we can't do anything for you, your car is not a mercedes, its a acura." I go "wtf so just because i brought my car from here and its not a mercedes, im not going to be treated as a customer? what about all your customer satisfaction bs and stuff" He could not answer me and just nodded his head and says sorry. I was like well tell your gsm to call me, if i dont hear a call within 24 hours, a lawyer will be contacting him.

so here we go, just because i didn't get their car they wont service me, and car is under warranty, with the premium service. They do know the damage, the guy who looked at the car was like there is definitively some damage done to the car. So I guess i'll wait to see if I get a call from them.

so what you guys think? some bs stuff this mercedes dealership is doing huh
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

so here is the bs im getting as i walked in today, no one even offered me help, all sat their behinds on their chair and just stared at me, i was like wtf, and i walked up to one of the sales rep, and asked to see the gsm, he says ok, 15min later comes out and says hes in a meeting, I said i'll wait for him, so one hour pass. Still nothing, asked if the gsm is still in the meeting, the guy said the gsm has left for the day. I was like wtf, i thought he was going to come get me, then they bs about not seeing me in the waiting section, i told them i saw down there reading the fu*cken mag for one hour, how can they not see me when Im the only customer. So they sent me to to service guy, he's being a dick and racist, tells "sorry sir, like we said we can't do anything for you, your car is not a mercedes, its a acura." I go "wtf so just because i brought my car from here and its not a mercedes, im not going to be treated as a customer? what about all your customer satisfaction bs and stuff" He could not answer me and just nodded his head and says sorry. I was like well tell your gsm to call me, if i dont hear a call within 24 hours, a lawyer will be contacting him.

so here we go, just because i didn't get their car they wont service me, and car is under warranty, with the premium service. They do know the damage, the guy who looked at the car was like there is definitively some damage done to the car. So I guess i'll wait to see if I get a call from them.

so what you guys think? some bs stuff this mercedes dealership is doing huh
Dude, you are missing the point. Of COURSE the Mercedes dealership does NOT service the car, they are not suppose to. Sorry to hear about your treatment but I don't think ethnicity has a darn thing to do with it so don't go that direction. You take an Acura (that you bought used) back to an Acura dealership. If there is damage to the vehicle, a simple Mercedes tech can't do crap with it (and that's EXACTLY what he TOLD you). So, don't be getting pissed at a tech who can't control anything. If your beef is with sales, then take it up with sales. Call the GSM first thing in the morning and tell him you "expect them to pick up" the car (from your work if necessary). Benz is pretty use to doing this as they did it for me on my old CLK55. Aske the GSM to review the damage.

If you can show that the damage occurred BEFORE you took possesion, you have a shot. If you can NOT prove that YOU yourself didn't create the damange, then you are SOL (Sugar out of Luck). Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but why did it take you so long? I agree with others, it is starting to sound like you wrecked it and are now trying to get the Benz dealership to cover your error.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:55 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

the door issue, driver side passenger, i dont sit at the passenger side, never had anyone until i took brothers out, and i notice the light does not come on, and i reported the door to them, all they did was tweak it a little, and it can close but the sensor does not work and it still can't shut properly, the oil change because on the windshield it says please go when the mileage hit 31k, which it did. Acura said they can't repair the door and they said it had damage take it to a autobody to inspect, took it and they said it'll range about $6k to fix, and yes the car did come with warranty, and we even brought the warranty with them, i will call the manager gsm tomorrow thanks alot for the helpful info
Warranties do NOT cover accident damage. They cover Warranty issues (i.e. manufacture defect, etc). This is NOT a warranty issue, PERIOD.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Warranties do NOT cover accident damage. They cover Warranty issues (i.e. manufacture defect, etc). This is NOT a warranty issue, PERIOD.

so basically your saying they can't do anything also? even though they knew the car had damage and they sold it to me without telling me...
Old 03-26-2008, 06:08 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
sounds like you are fresh out of luck and a lawyer is your best alternative...
Old 03-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Pro

thank you will be contacting one, anyone wants to know what happens? if you do i'll keept this thread posted, if not i'll leave this thread alone. and if i win the case and get on tv, i'll give acurazine a shout out for helping me thx alot bros
Old 03-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't know the law where you are, but here....any damage $2K & above....HAVE TO BE DECLARED in the car purchase form. IF NOT, the laws states they have to take the car back & refund you in full.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This whole thing just doesn't add up. Can you post some pictures of this "damage" so we can get a better understanding on exactly what your talking about. I find it very odd that you had the car for over a month and are starting to realize these problems. I understand your young and rec'v the car as a gift.. but c'mon on now.. The doors not closing would have been the first thing I noticed and the car would have been back to the dealer the same day or the very next morning.. If I was the dealer I would be very hesitant on pursing this with you too because any kind of damage would likely be reported within a few days.. It's been over a month so honestly how do they know you didn't have the repairs done yourself. Where are you located and what is the name of the mercedes dealership where your parents bought this car? Someone on here might suggest a body shop to have an extensive overview of the car done and can tell exactly what's been done to the car and when the work was done. Did your parents finance the car? if yes then they would def want to contact the lien holder about this situation.

This whole situation smells fishy and 6K in damage seems like it might actually be low because if your doors are not closing properly this could be a result as poor workmanship from a previous body shop, or could be the result of some severe frame damage.. I'm curious to see who this turns out.

Again... Let's see some pictures and let us know exactly where your located and the name of the dealer
Old 03-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One more thought

You know I hate to say this but it's situations like this that sometimes shows the immaturity of youth and makes the younger generation of owners look bad. I personally think your parents should have done just an ounce of inspection when buying the car but it seems like they *might* be the type that just goes out and buys whatever their child wants without knowing what the hell they are buying.. just my thought though, please don't take offense.

P.S. If your parents would have just decided to by NBP this would never of happened
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Pro

hahaha, well my parents are sort of fobs so i dont blame them and the car is at the autobody as of now, i will try to take pics when i go see them agian. A NBP....hmmmmm maybe.....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
10th Gear

Call a Lawyer

For goodness sakes - call an attorney. There are consumer protection laws to protect the public from this type of fraud.