Found this thread about a G35C vs 04 TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004 | 08:12 PM
Banned

Found this thread about a G35C vs 04 TL

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Thought some might be interested in it:

Hey folks. Just thought I'd share with you the race I had in my G coupe AT with one of those new Acura TL's. I've raced older TL-S's before with no problems.

Well, I was pulling out of the Target parking lot here and was just driving along when I saw an 04 TL catching up fast in my rear view. We got stopped at a light and he was behind me as the road was a one lane road in our direction. As the light turned green, I thought I'd show him the power of the G and so I accelerated normally at first up to about 25-30 mph, then gunned it. The car kicked down gear and I left him in the dust. After that, i could tell it was on cause he gunned his car to catch up which he did after I let go of the gas. Thats when he began to ride my bumber pretty hard.

So I'm all pumped up now and I turn onto Macy Blvd which is a 6 lane road (3 lanes in each direction) at around 1:40 in the afternoon so there were not a lot of cars around us. The second I turned, he turned with me and floored his car to try to get around me in the next lane. I floored my car at the same time and to tell you the truth, those TL's are pretty damn quick. My car was gaining a little bit but they were pretty damn close to even. Thats when we got stopped by a red light.

We were stopped at the red light for about a minute. I looked over and it looked like a younger guy, maybe around 25-26 in the TL. He didnt rev the engine so I'm sure it was AT. I turned off my VDC and waited for the light.

When the light turned green, we both jumped off the line with some squeals of the tires, although the front of his car looked to move sideways a little bit from the oversteer.

Off the line, my car was ahead by a quarter car length. We raced until almost 75mph and I was ahead by half a car length. I was sure before the race that my car would have been a whole car length ahead by then, but the TL is damn quicker than I thought.

When we got stuck at the next light, I asked him very politely if he wanted to go again. He then told me his car only had 500 miles on it and still in the break in period! We both ended up saying "nice car" to the other person and going on our way.

So heads up to anyone racing one of those new TLs. Your G will beat em but it will be a good race.
Old 01-17-2004 | 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Thanks for sharing this with us. I still believe 04TL can catch up G35 Auto pretty close and even overtake it at high speed racing above 90mph.

I even cannot understand their conversation. 04TL is so much like Grand Prix... someone says he can identify most of cars, but 04TL and Grand Prix...

All that thread is only talking about how good their G is... they never lose to any TLs at all... what G fans say goes... Anyone saying good about 04TL will be the intruder out there...

Didn't we welcome G fans discuss here?

What's wrong with those guys? They dare not to tell the truth when they lose to 04TL?
Old 01-17-2004 | 10:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Taken from the same thread at that site..

A new TL tried to race me the other day to. He really went out of his way to get next to me at the light. Thne the light turned green I gave it about 3/4 throttle and started pulling away, I kept it at 3/4 throttle and never floored it and I was a good car length ahead of him. When we stopped at the next red light he rolled down his window and goes "How many horses in there?" I say 280 and he says "Oh alright" and closes his window.
It's ignorance like this that makes me wonder if this guy just thinks everybody is stupid enough to actually believe this...
Old 01-18-2004 | 02:51 AM
Does anyone read this

They are comparing a G35 coupe and 4 door TL 2 door vs 4 door. Oh well, let them think what they want but inside they are