3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Mod came off as quick as it went on, haha. Anyone want it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fog Mod came off as quick as it went on, haha. Anyone want it?

Hey everyone,

So, I tried out these yellow fog light overlays. They look great on noshow_nogo's car IMO (Here's some pics of his car ). However, I sucked at putting them on and just couldn't get them lined up to my satisfaction. The more I tried the more frustrated I got so I just took them off. When they came off, they got really crinkled (see pic below), but I believe if you heat it up (with a hair dryer), you'll be able to reform them. All aside, what do you guys think of them anyways? I'm considering trying this again sometime...

Anyways, if anyone else wants to try to give it a shot, I'll mail them to you (they're just pastic) so it'll cost me a stamp. Worth it IMO if someone else has the patience to try this out. I just can't guarantee you can "un-crinkle" them...?

Steve

Oh yeah, obvsiouly I'm not a great photographer - especially when dealing with headlights at dusk

Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
i had these on my RSX's fog, theyre from laminx i beleive?

what i ddi was, take my fog light out, took the plastic around the lense itself off with a flathead, then put the sheet over, traced the circle, cut, then place the film on then put the plastic on...i figured this out after buying so many sheets haha...im not sure if thats waht u did

u should give it another shot if u didnt
Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Racer

where are u located? I'll do them for you if you're not too far or wanna meet up. takes me 5 minutes flat. maybe 10 on a hot day I'll need a beer break inbetween. All I need is a cotton rag, credit card, and a spray bottle. Is the adhesive still sticky after you took them off? that's the only issue I can think of re-applying them.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 PM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i wanna do this but i'm afraid. noshow where are you located? wanna do mine?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by noshow_nogo
where are u located? I'll do them for you if you're not too far or wanna meet up. takes me 5 minutes flat. maybe 10 on a hot day I'll need a beer break inbetween. All I need is a cotton rag, credit card, and a spray bottle. Is the adhesive still sticky after you took them off? that's the only issue I can think of re-applying them.
Hey Dave,

You're in Jersey right? I'm way in Chicago...but I definitely appreciate the offer . I must say I was thoroughly impressed with how detailed you were in all of our messages and the instructions you gave me for applying them.

Yeah, when I took them off they were still sticky (that's what made it difficult for me - I couldn't slide them around to a position that I liked, I had to keep taking them off and trying to line them up). It wasn't like when I've tinted small areas of glass and was able to slide the tint around, ya know? I think ib18c1 is right about taking the whole fogs out...that would make it a hell of a lot easier and would have come out better I think.

I still think this is a great idea for the money and would give it a shot again some day. I was probably just too eager to get them on, then I kinda rushed when I put it on and tried to take it off and re-apply, etc.

Oh and ib18c1 - I didn't have to trace / cut anything...noshow_nogo shipped them to me pre-cut for the TL fogs with enough room to 'overhang' behind the bumper...I just couldn't get them straight.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Racer

Chicago? wellllllll.... okay I'll let you fly me out to chicago. I'm really sorry it didn't work out. patience is a bitch right? If you ever decide to redo them, let me know. All you need will be the yellow tint vinyl which you could find at any sign shop

Originally Posted by subbuzz
i wanna do this but i'm afraid. noshow where are you located? wanna do mine?
PM sent.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by noshow_nogo
Chicago? wellllllll.... okay I'll let you fly me out to chicago. I'm really sorry it didn't work out. patience is a bitch right? If you ever decide to redo them, let me know. All you need will be the yellow tint vinyl which you could find at any sign shop
Haha, yeah lemme get a $200 round trip ticket for my $8 overlays, haha. No, that's cool...definitely don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault. Yeah, I hear ya. I think I'll try it again though sometime. I did save the backing from your cut out so I could use it as a stencil when I do it again.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Speaking of fogs fellas .... I just bought an 04 without foglights ... can you please point me in the right direction with the following questions?

Is there a thread in here for a DYI OEM foglight installation?

Where can I get the OEM kit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by McKulit
Speaking of fogs fellas .... I just bought an 04 without foglights ... can you please point me in the right direction with the following questions?

Is there a thread in here for a DYI OEM foglight installation?

Where can I get the OEM kit?

Thanks in advance.
use the search... took me 30 seconds

https://acurazine.com/forums/moderators-only-20/tsx-guys-floridaowner-163612/
Old 09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hey, why dont you get a spray bottle of windex or water and dish soap, spray the adhesive part and spray the fogs and position the overlays on it. this will allow you to slide it around to get it in perfect position.

you can't drive for about 24-48 hours though. and try and keep em in the sun so it dries faster. its the same principle as tints.