Flaking Clear Coat and Ghost in Display

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 08:01 AM
Cruisin'

Flaking Clear Coat and Ghost in Display

Need your assistance guys. I have two issues with my recently picked up '04 SSM. I was finally getting around to cleaning the car and noticed on the back left rear bumper that part of the clear coat is peeling off. I have an extended warranty and plan on taking the car to the dealer to correct a small list of open items. Do you think they will do something about this?
Second is i have a ghost image in my non-navi a/c display. I thought it was on the outside and used some Plastix but it's on the inside. Will the dealer replace this because of fault in the plastic?

Lastly since i have a list of about 6 items i'd like corrected should i break them out over a couple of visits rather than load all 6 items into one visit? Not sure if they'll freak if i decide to claim all at once. FYI, two items are recalls the others are clear coat, image on display, popping side mirrors, bluetooth doesn't work properly.

First post with pics, hope i did it correctly!

Thanks,
Vince
Old 07-17-2008 | 08:19 AM
Instructor

well, if your dealer is close and you dont mind going there multiple times, spread it out over a coupla visits. Personally, i would call ahead to let them know what i wanted addressed and also show up with my "to do" punch list so there isnt any confusion when you take it in. Ultimately, for warranty work, i think they have to assess it first, and if they dont stock "x" you'll have to come back anyways.

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the site. Alot of nice folks here and great information